RUSH HOUR 4 MAY FINALLY HAPPEN BUT ON ONE CONDITION

Options
sapp08_2001
sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
645876356.jpg

In the realm of buddy cop franchises, one of the most successful properties of the bunch is Rush Hour. Pairing Jackie Chan's quick hands with Chris Tucker's equally quick mouth, the Brett Ratner-directed franchise produced three successful installments -- but has been on ice since 2007 when Rush Hour 3 debuted. That said, there's only one thing holding up the process of getting Rush Hour 4 made: Chris Tucker. Jackie Chan opened up while promoting the upcoming release of The Foreigner, and explained
For the last seven years, we've been turning down the script, turning down the script. Yesterday, we just agreed. The script probably at the end of this month will have a second draft, and next year, probably [we will] start, I hope, if Chris Tucker agrees.
So it looks like the framework is already in place for Lee and Carter to go off on yet another adventure. Jackie Chan is interested in making it happen, and a script worthy of his return is on the verge of being turned in for a second draft. Now it's really just a matter of getting Chris Tucker to agree to come back to the series, and then they will be good to go.

The importance of having the original ingredients back in place cannot be overstated. As some of you may already know, the Rush Hour franchise was temporarily revived on television recently -- and the results were less than ideal. Much of the charm of the franchise lies in the very specific dynamic between Chan and Tucker, which means they arguably both need to come back to make this work.
Moreover, it's also a matter of getting Rush Hour 4 made before it becomes physically impossible for them to do so. Jackie Chan continued during his appearance on the Power 106 radio show in Los Angeles and elaborated:

It's not about money. It's about time to make [it]. We're all, like, old men. I told Chris Tucker, 'Before we get old, please, let's do Rush Hour 4.'
He has a point. Although he has remained active as an action star in recent years, Jackie Chan is not getting any younger. At 63-years-old, there's a definite case to be made that the highly-physical action sequences that have come to characterize the Rush Hour series will only get harder over time.

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody but Jackie Chan is even asking for this ? . Let it go.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

chris asked for this a while back.

he aint really get no parts since
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He needs to focus that attention on Last Friday instead. Rush Hour is beyond washed. It had it's time and it's time has passed. The 3rd one proved that more than anything else.

I thought the 3rd served its purpose. Plus the idea of another RH movie is way more logical than a Friday movie..I could see them still playing detectives oppose to a movie based on them sitting around on moms stoop as youngsters smoking weed. Cube & Tucker are too old for a premise like Friday. I understand wanting Smokey's return but that ship sailed a long time ago. Friday is the one fans need to let go...

The only way I could see this possibly working is if they bring Gary Gray back.

• Broddie
    Options

He needs to focus that attention on Last Friday instead. Rush Hour is beyond washed. It had it's time and it's time has passed. The 3rd one proved that more than anything else.

I thought the 3rd served its purpose. Plus the idea of another RH movie is way more logical than a Friday movie..I could see them still playing detectives oppose to a movie based on them sitting around on moms stoop as youngsters smoking weed. Cube & Tucker are too old for a premise like Friday. I understand wanting Smokey's return but that ship sailed a long time ago. Friday is the one fans need to let go...

The only way I could see this possibly working is if they bring Gary Gray back.

The point of Last Friday is to see where are all the characters from the trilogy are at after all these years and give them proper closure. Smokey certainly not gonna be smoking joints with Craig on his front porch all day. Come on.

Where as another Rush Hour will be a tired retread of the first 2 without Chan or Tucker in their physical or comedic prime. That one has much more potential of becoming a complete embarrassment.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Replace Chris Tucker
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    lol smh...i can hear chris tucker shouting "get me my money MMAAAAANNN!!!!" now
  • Broddie
    Options
    Replace Chris Tucker

Then you might as well create a new franchise altogether.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Replace Chris Tucker

Uh remember they tried to do that with the Rush Hour tv series and you saw the results
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The problem with Chris Tucker is that hes jaded SMMFH, he asked for $30 million to do another Rush Hour and scoffed at another Friday. Tucker hasn`t done ANY notable movies in years. A Friday and Rush Hour movie would have him at the height of the game again.

Same issue with Martin Lawrence except I think Martin is just plain sick and tired of Hollywood and the politics that he just doesnt want to be bothered with it anymore.

Kinda. Tucker did that standup special on netflix and received a chunk of loot. Martin been tryna get Will to do another bad boys for the longest but you see Will chased other projects. Guess the era of good buddy cop films have ended
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rush hour 4 has a better chance of happining, last friday is damn near like the detox album at this point
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    It’s been a long and difficult road for Bad Boys 3 a.k.a. Bad Boys For Life. Over the last few months, the long-gestating third installment in the Martin Lawrence and Will Smith-led franchise has lost its director and release date. Now, 14 years after Bad Boys II, even one of the stars is questioning whether the film ever gets made.
    “I don’t think we’re going to get one, not the way everything’s turning out,” Lawrence tells EW. “Will is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen.”

Last year, Smith, who has recently been cast as the Genie in Disney’s live-action Aladdin remake, teased that Bad Boys 3 was “very, very, very close.” He also added of Lawrence, “I love that dude. That’s among the best times I’ve ever had making movies. So I’m looking forward to it.”
    As is Lawrence, should it defy his expectations and become a reality. “I’m there, I’m ready right now,” he laughs. “If they wanted to do it, I’m ready, but I don’t have control of that. That’s the studio’s decision.”

A representative for Sony didn’t immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.
  • Broddie
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Rush hour 4 has a better chance of happining, last friday is damn near like the detox album at this point

You know that both are at the same studio right (New Line Cinema)? He could easily go into business with them on either one or both at the same time. It's not like he'll be dealing with a different group of execs. Shouldn't even be an issue especially when he has been the reason for any hold up on both.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    ? ....someone always caking an moving on....an someone left behind wanting to live the glory days
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make it happen
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats really up wit tucker tho ? i know he more religious now so that might play a factor wit smokey but he hasnt really done ? since 90s
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally, the cinematic masterpiece we deserve!
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    3 left such a sour taste in my mouth and didn't go to see another movie in theaters for 8 years.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    wait...so jacky trynna get chris on board?

oh damn
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rush Hour 3, Bad Boys 3, next Friday with Smokey all need not to be made. You got to strike while the iron is hot so to speak and that iron has been cold for years for all three of those franchises...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    rush hour three been made tho
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good catch, yea I meant Rush Hour 4..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    jackie chan siad he might ? of chris tuckers character to make the movie.

what the fukk chris doing that he dont need money?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jackie-chan-jokes-might-? -164716809.html?.tsrc=new_fauxdal