Hollywood Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Harvey , Kevin, Andy etc

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read that Salma Hayek piece smh i really dont have any words
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    I have no doubt that some of these dudes did some out of line ? , but like someone said, this is basically becoming a witch hunt. At this point, dudes are being fired over allegations and nothing more. That's crazy. Any chick that has beef with a dude can accuse him of sexually harassing her, which could basically be anything and that's enough to put him in hot water.

It don't seem to be that simple in majority of these cases. Look at Matt Lauer. His firing seems quick til they came out and said they had been investigating him for months already. Alot of these networks seem to now be just doing private investigations into these claims and then going public with the info all at once. That's part of why it seems so sudden. Now the fact that all these investigations seem to be concluding at the same time is suspect and shows that they've known about these ? for a while, knew a storm was brewing, and were trying to preemptively cover their ass.

I don't know. I mean I get the feeling that everyone men and women, have known about this ? , but just accepted it. Now a few people have come out, and everyone is trying to retroactively hold people responsible for things done in the past. For egregious ? , I get that, but if there was a general culture was some things were just seen as accepted, I think it's a little ? up to go back and hold everyone accountable. I'm fine with saying certain behavior is wrong and should cease. I just don't think its right for a chick to go along with some ? for ten years like it's cool, and then suddenly come out as a victim without ever actually calling the dude out on the wrongdoing.

Like I read about this ? with Selma Hayek and Harvey Weinstein. Basically, she wanted to do a movie and he agreed to fund it. The whole time they were making the movie, he was propositioning her. He's a ? for that. However, if she never called him on it and just dealt with it, why would she have thought that he would stop. Finally, he gave her an ultimatium that either she add a naked ? sex scene of herself and someone else in the movie, or he'd pull funding. Again, he's a ? for that, but she wasn't forced to have that scene as she claims. She chose to have it. She could have walked, but she didn't. I understand she had reasons that made it hard to do so, but doing that is taking a stand and would have been worthy of praise. I'm just having a hard time applauding these chicks for coming out of the woodwork years later to pile on after its become a movement. That said if even a tenth of the ? that is being claimed is true these dudes are wildin to an unbelievable extent.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so now a chick can give up the ass but say she was afraid to lose her job and that's OK? even if her job was never discussed?

Yeah man, you can’t ? your subordinates on any job nowadays.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Thought ya’ll said this was just a white jewish problem.

Who said that?

? just be making ? up.

When have ? not been accused of ? since slavery?

2uvabnu7lmb4.gif

you one of those people who thinks all ? allegations against black men are all some vast conspiracy that has to be tied to slavery, lol aight ? .

No ? ....
    Since slavery ended....
    When have we NOT been accused of ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea time after time you hear of cases of women just taking it so they could advance there careers.. its a terrible position to be put in however.. they made choices ala Salma she envisioned her moment and gritted her teeth and put up with with because she felt powerless to do anything about it and had career ambitions.. Puts me in a ? up space.. To me everyone should have a line.. and i think that is 15 miles past a line..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Yea time after time you hear of cases of women just taking it so they could advance there careers.. its a terrible position to be put in however.. they made choices ala Salma she envisioned her moment and gritted her teeth and put up with with because she felt powerless to do anything about it and had career ambitions.. Puts me in a ? up space.. To me everyone should have a line.. and i think that is 15 miles past a line..

Yeah, I don't want it misconstrued, I don't blame Salma for what that CaC did. I just think that everyone should acknowledge that we all make choices. If everyday, that dude went at her inappropriately and she just grinned and bared it because he was financing her dream, that was a choice. If she did a scene in a movie that she didn't want to do because her movie depended on it, that too was a choice. It was a ? up choice, but it was a choice. I'd still consider her a victim, but she wasn't forced to do anything.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    "He tied my shoelaces without my consent."

"He sneezed around me without my consent."

"He walked past the ladies room without my consent."

Now you know it ain't that basic. You got dudes like Warren Sapp admitting to giving ? as gifts to female coworkers. Dudes with super villlain locks on the doors and pulling their ? out.

what if he and her ? or if she was down with ot then changed later... that blurs the lines. he a perv tho. reak talk they gotta start disclosing everything to the public... vs only the accusations
  • aneed123

Yeah, I don't want it misconstrued, I don't blame Salma for what that CaC did. I just think that everyone should acknowledge that we all make choices. If everyday, that dude went at her inappropriately and she just grinned and bared it because he was financing her dream, that was a choice. If she did a scene in a movie that she didn't want to do because her movie depended on it, that too was a choice. It was a ? up choice, but it was a choice. I'd still consider her a victim, but she wasn't forced to do anything.

? that i blame her for not saying ? ... coulda prevented it from happpening to someone else. also if a chick willingly ? to advance her career she has no ground to stand on.... they wanna double dip... cash in move up then years later cash out and cry sexual abuse.... naw u choose to do it
  • The Lonious Monk
    aneed123 wrote: »

? that i blame her for not saying ? ... coulda prevented it from happpening to someone else. also if a chick willingly ? to advance her career she has no ground to stand on.... they wanna double dip... cash in move up then years later cash out and cry sexual abuse.... naw u choose to do it

I agree with the bold, but I also accept that everyone is not strong enough to be that person. So I'm not going to bash her for doing what a lot of people would have done in her position. However, I don't have the same sympathy for her than others do.
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭

This is pretty much where I'm with it.

Any taking by force, or drugging someone, is ? ? and is not condoned period.
    But fair exchanges? Adults making adult choices and choosing to keep quiet about things?
    In these cases the only reason I can feel sorry for these people is that their personal standards and principles weren't higher.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator

Who said that?

? just be making ? up.

2uvabnu7lmb4.gif

you one of those people who thinks all ? allegations against black men are all some vast conspiracy that has to be tied to slavery, lol aight ? .

No ? ....
    Since slavery ended....

i have never been accused of ? , sorry.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I have no doubt that some of these dudes did some out of line ? , but like someone said, this is basically becoming a witch hunt. At this point, dudes are being fired over allegations and nothing more. That's crazy. Any chick that has beef with a dude can accuse him of sexually harassing her, which could basically be anything and that's enough to put him in hot water.

It don't seem to be that simple in majority of these cases. Look at Matt Lauer. His firing seems quick til they came out and said they had been investigating him for months already. Alot of these networks seem to now be just doing private investigations into these claims and then going public with the info all at once. That's part of why it seems so sudden. Now the fact that all these investigations seem to be concluding at the same time is suspect and shows that they've known about these ? for a while, knew a storm was brewing, and were trying to preemptively cover their ass.

I don't know. I mean I get the feeling that everyone men and women, have known about this ? , but just accepted it. Now a few people have come out, and everyone is trying to retroactively hold people responsible for things done in the past. For egregious ? , I get that, but if there was a general culture was some things were just seen as accepted, I think it's a little ? up to go back and hold everyone accountable. I'm fine with saying certain behavior is wrong and should cease. I just don't think its right for a chick to go along with some ? for ten years like it's cool, and then suddenly come out as a victim without ever actually calling the dude out on the wrongdoing.

Like I read about this ? with Selma Hayek and Harvey Weinstein. Basically, she wanted to do a movie and he agreed to fund it. The whole time they were making the movie, he was propositioning her. He's a ? for that. However, if she never called him on it and just dealt with it, why would she have thought that he would stop. Finally, he gave her an ultimatium that either she add a naked ? sex scene of herself and someone else in the movie, or he'd pull funding. Again, he's a ? for that, but she wasn't forced to have that scene as she claims. She chose to have it. She could have walked, but she didn't. I understand she had reasons that made it hard to do so, but doing that is taking a stand and would have been worthy of praise. I'm just having a hard time applauding these chicks for coming out of the woodwork years later to pile on after its become a movement. That said if even a tenth of the ? that is being claimed is true these dudes are wildin to an unbelievable extent.

That's just it though...this "culture" made it so many couldn't speak out without losing their careers. I don't look at it as a matter of the ? was accepted more like people on the ? end of these comments and propositions had no way to actually have anything done even if they did come out and say something. Some of us have the common sense to differentiate between harmless flirting vs making somebody clearly uncomfortable and the ? said in these allegations are way past that line. Thats why I say dudes sound stupid saying ? like "well you can't even give a compliment anymore" like they don't know the difference between "hey that's a nice dress" vs "damn look at your ? sitting right today".
  • blackrain

Now you know it ain't that basic. You got dudes like Warren Sapp admitting to giving ? as gifts to female coworkers. Dudes with super villlain locks on the doors and pulling their ? out.

what if he and her ? or if she was down with ot then changed later... that blurs the lines. he a perv tho. reak talk they gotta start disclosing everything to the public... vs only the accusations

If she consented in the moment unless it was under duress then she just gotta live with it. Problem is most of these situations are someone under duress
  • blackrain

This ? Weinstein had a team literally going around threatening reporters who were writing stories to expose him. Look at the dude from that 70s show. The Church of Scientology been trying to actively silence his accusers for years now. It ain't always as simple as just saying something especially when the person you're accusing has long money and power that can skew your accusations
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall think Weinstein really caught some bodies over the years?
  • aneed123

If she consented in the moment unless it was under duress then she just gotta live with it. Problem is most of these situations are someone under duress

there are a bunch acussing these guys that willingly did it tho
  • aneed123

This ? Weinstein had a team literally going around threatening reporters who were writing stories to expose him. Look at the dude from that 70s show. The Church of Scientology been trying to actively silence his accusers for years now. It ain't always as simple as just saying something especially when the person you're accusing has long money and power that can skew your accusations

dat jew did some of it... but best believe for every 1 he did it was 100 who willingly gave it up casting call styke for advancement word to Jennifer Lawrence ....
  • THIRDSUPREME

Who said that?

? just be making ? up.

2uvabnu7lmb4.gif

No ? ....
    Since slavery ended....

i have never been accused of ? , sorry.

Smh. You win bro. You win.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jami-cantor-2.jpg

this the Woman on the nfl network, smh whats wrong with these ?

Sexual harassment does not mean sexual advances, it could of been sexist comments made

During the time that Cantor worked as a wardrobe stylist at the network, Weinberger sent her “several nude pictures of himself and sexually explicit texts,” Cantor said in the lawsuit. Cantor also accused Weinberger of telling her that she “was put on earth to pleasure (him),” adding that he once pressed his crotch against her shoulder and asked her to touch it.

“Instead of saying good morning, Mr. Faulk greeted (Cantor) by fondling her ? and groping her behind,” the suit said. “As time went on, Mr. Faulk became more aggressive, such as inviting (Cantor) to his hotel room, stroking and pulling out his ? in front of her, pointing to his crotch and asking Plaintiff, ‘when are you gonna get on this already?'” the lawsuit said. “He also pinned (Cantor) against a wall, demanding oral sex while he pulled his pants down,” the suit alleges.

Davis, a former cornerback for the San Francisco 49ers, is accused of coming into Cantor’s office asking for help with his clothes “so he could grab and push/rub his body” against Cantor, the lawsuit said. She said that Davis said various other sexually-explicit comments, including things like: “I want you so bad,” “my ? is so hard because of you right now” and “you look like you would be an animal in the sheets.”

“I can’t handle your (butt), it is so luscious,” Cantor claimed that a text message sent to her from Davis said.

Cantor said that on at least one occasion, Davis said that he wanted to “choke” her from behind until she “begged him to stop.” Things continued to escalate, according to the suit. Cantor claims that one time while she was working on the set in the studio on a ladder, he grabbed her butt, sliding his hand in between her legs and touching her private area.

Ok, it's definitely not the face.

Gonna need to see some body pics of her to understand why these gentlemen were so enamored with her.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i hear any news about about doris burke
    Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

On the low, she's kinda thick too.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

the piling on is ppl trying to change the culture

believe the thinking is, if i come forward to speak on what happened to me in 1999 and shad light on what often happens behind the scenes with these powerful exes it may give another aspiring actor or intern who is dealing with the ? today strength/inspiration to do the same

and let's not pretend like 5 or even 10 years ago these accusations were or would have been treated as they are today

there's also the believability factor.... if a young intern comes forward with accusations against a rich and powerful man/woman often times the reaction is the accuser is "just looking for a come up", "a jilted lover", "so and so would never do that". see the pattern? ... the more women come forward it only does more to bolster the accusers claims... a woman of selma's status and stature in the industry furthers helps this cause

and you don't think the accusers who come forward years or even decades later, you think it's easy for them to do so when they see that their abuser has continue to abuse and exploit others? no one is trying to excuse her from being silent
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Co-sign. Suck and ? to get on, make millions, and then cry foul. Foh.
  • The Lonious Monk

the piling on is ppl trying to change the culture

believe the thinking is, if i come forward to speak on what happened to me in 1999 and shad light on what often happens behind the scenes with these powerful exes it may give another aspiring actor or intern who is dealing with the ? today strength/inspiration to do the same

and let's not pretend like 5 or even 10 years ago these accusations were or would have been treated as they are today

there's also the believability factor.... if a young intern comes forward with accusations against a rich and powerful man/woman often times the reaction is the accuser is "just looking for a come up", "a jilted lover", "so and so would never do that". see the pattern? ... the more women come forward it only does more to bolster the accusers claims... a woman of selma's status and stature in the industry furthers helps this cause

and you don't think the accusers who come forward years or even decades later, you think it's easy for them to do so when they see that their abuser has continue to abuse and exploit others? no one is trying to excuse her from being silent

I feel you. I'm not really condemning the piling on. I understand that it's necessary to make the changes. I just don't think they are what people are making them to be. They are doing their part, but it's not the same as taking that initial step. Anyways, like I said, I'm not bashing Salma or the others, I just don't like that they characterize what happened to them as being forced because there are people who are forced to do things they don't want and that's a different matter.