Hollywood Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Harvey , Kevin, Andy etc

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I have no doubt that some of these dudes did some out of line ? , but like someone said, this is basically becoming a witch hunt. At this point, dudes are being fired over allegations and nothing more. That's crazy. Any chick that has beef with a dude can accuse him of sexually harassing her, which could basically be anything and that's enough to put him in hot water.

It don't seem to be that simple in majority of these cases. Look at Matt Lauer. His firing seems quick til they came out and said they had been investigating him for months already. Alot of these networks seem to now be just doing private investigations into these claims and then going public with the info all at once. That's part of why it seems so sudden. Now the fact that all these investigations seem to be concluding at the same time is suspect and shows that they've known about these ? for a while, knew a storm was brewing, and were trying to preemptively cover their ass.

I don't know. I mean I get the feeling that everyone men and women, have known about this ? , but just accepted it. Now a few people have come out, and everyone is trying to retroactively hold people responsible for things done in the past. For egregious ? , I get that, but if there was a general culture was some things were just seen as accepted, I think it's a little ? up to go back and hold everyone accountable. I'm fine with saying certain behavior is wrong and should cease. I just don't think its right for a chick to go along with some ? for ten years like it's cool, and then suddenly come out as a victim without ever actually calling the dude out on the wrongdoing.

Like I read about this ? with Selma Hayek and Harvey Weinstein. Basically, she wanted to do a movie and he agreed to fund it. The whole time they were making the movie, he was propositioning her. He's a ? for that. However, if she never called him on it and just dealt with it, why would she have thought that he would stop. Finally, he gave her an ultimatium that either she add a naked ? sex scene of herself and someone else in the movie, or he'd pull funding. Again, he's a ? for that, but she wasn't forced to have that scene as she claims. She chose to have it. She could have walked, but she didn't. I understand she had reasons that made it hard to do so, but doing that is taking a stand and would have been worthy of praise. I'm just having a hard time applauding these chicks for coming out of the woodwork years later to pile on after its become a movement. That said if even a tenth of the ? that is being claimed is true these dudes are wildin to an unbelievable extent.

That's just it though...this "culture" made it so many couldn't speak out without losing their careers. I don't look at it as a matter of the ? was accepted more like people on the ? end of these comments and propositions had no way to actually have anything done even if they did come out and say something. Some of us have the common sense to differentiate between harmless flirting vs making somebody clearly uncomfortable and the ? said in these allegations are way past that line. Thats why I say dudes sound stupid saying ? like "well you can't even give a compliment anymore" like they don't know the difference between "hey that's a nice dress" vs "damn look at your ? sitting right today".

Lol facts
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    I have no doubt that some of these dudes did some out of line ? , but like someone said, this is basically becoming a witch hunt. At this point, dudes are being fired over allegations and nothing more. That's crazy. Any chick that has beef with a dude can accuse him of sexually harassing her, which could basically be anything and that's enough to put him in hot water.

It don't seem to be that simple in majority of these cases. Look at Matt Lauer. His firing seems quick til they came out and said they had been investigating him for months already. Alot of these networks seem to now be just doing private investigations into these claims and then going public with the info all at once. That's part of why it seems so sudden. Now the fact that all these investigations seem to be concluding at the same time is suspect and shows that they've known about these ? for a while, knew a storm was brewing, and were trying to preemptively cover their ass.

I don't know. I mean I get the feeling that everyone men and women, have known about this ? , but just accepted it. Now a few people have come out, and everyone is trying to retroactively hold people responsible for things done in the past. For egregious ? , I get that, but if there was a general culture was some things were just seen as accepted, I think it's a little ? up to go back and hold everyone accountable. I'm fine with saying certain behavior is wrong and should cease. I just don't think its right for a chick to go along with some ? for ten years like it's cool, and then suddenly come out as a victim without ever actually calling the dude out on the wrongdoing.

Like I read about this ? with Selma Hayek and Harvey Weinstein. Basically, she wanted to do a movie and he agreed to fund it. The whole time they were making the movie, he was propositioning her. He's a ? for that. However, if she never called him on it and just dealt with it, why would she have thought that he would stop. Finally, he gave her an ultimatium that either she add a naked ? sex scene of herself and someone else in the movie, or he'd pull funding. Again, he's a ? for that, but she wasn't forced to have that scene as she claims. She chose to have it. She could have walked, but she didn't. I understand she had reasons that made it hard to do so, but doing that is taking a stand and would have been worthy of praise. I'm just having a hard time applauding these chicks for coming out of the woodwork years later to pile on after its become a movement. That said if even a tenth of the ? that is being claimed is true these dudes are wildin to an unbelievable extent.

That's just it though...this "culture" made it so many couldn't speak out without losing their careers. I don't look at it as a matter of the ? was accepted more like people on the ? end of these comments and propositions had no way to actually have anything done even if they did come out and say something. Some of us have the common sense to differentiate between harmless flirting vs making somebody clearly uncomfortable and the ? said in these allegations are way past that line. Thats why I say dudes sound stupid saying ? like "well you can't even give a compliment anymore" like they don't know the difference between "hey that's a nice dress" vs "damn look at your ? sitting right today".

Lol facts

Ya'll acting like chicks aren't saying that simple ? like "Hey, why aren't you smiling?" is harassment too. ? aren't responding to normal chicks. When they say you can't compliment a woman anymore, they are talking about this extremist SJW ? that's popular these days.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dustin Hoffman Accused of Exposing Himself to a Minor, Assaulting Two Women

Cori Thomas was in high school when she says Dustin Hoffman exposed himself to her in a hotel room. Melissa Kester was a recent college graduate when Hoffman allegedly sexually assaulted her while recording audio for the film “Ishtar.” A third woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said that Hoffman assaulted her in the back of a station wagon and manipulated her into a subsequent sexual encounter that left her traumatized.
    Representatives for Hoffman did not make him available to provide comment for this story. In a letter to Variety’s owner Penske Media Corp., Hoffman’s attorney Mark A. Neubauer of Carlton Fields Jordan Burt called the accusations against the actor “defamatory falsehoods.”
    Thomas was 16 years old and a high-school classmate of Hoffman’s daughter Karina at the United Nations International School in New York when she met the actor in 1980. An aspiring actor, she had spent a Sunday afternoon with Karina and Hoffman walking in Manhattan — visiting the Drama Bookshop, where, she said, Hoffman bought her a copy of Edward Albee’s “The Zoo Story,” and eating dinner at Jim McMullin’s on the Upper East Side, where she had veal piccata for the first time. They also visited the San Remo on Central Park West, where Hoffman, in the midst of a divorce from his first wife, Anne Byrne, was buying an apartment. Hoffman showed Thomas and Karina the apartment, which was being renovated while Hoffman stayed at a hotel near the house that he and Byrne had shared.
    “This was at first one of the greatest days of my life,” she said. “One of my idols was spending time with me and talking with me respectfully.”
    Thomas’ parents — her father was the U.N. ambassador from Liberia — were supposed to pick her up at the restaurant. But, according to Thomas, Hoffman suggested that the three of them wait at the hotel where he was staying and leave a note for Thomas’ parents with the maitre d’ saying they had gone to the hotel. After the three arrived at Hoffman’s hotel room, “Either Karina or Dustin suggested that [Karina] should go home” to Hoffman and Byrne’s house nearby, Thomas said, “because it was a school night and she had homework. So she left, and I was left in the hotel room with him alone.”
    Shortly after Karina departed, according to Thomas, Hoffman went to the restroom. She heard the shower turn on. “I was just sitting there waiting for my parents,” Thomas said.
    After several minutes, “He came out of the bathroom with a towel at first wrapped around him, which he dropped,” Thomas said. “He was standing there naked. I think I almost collapsed, actually. It was the first time I had ever seen a naked man. I was mortified. I didn’t know what to do. And he milked it. He milked the fact that he was naked. He stood there. He took his time.”
    Hoffman eventually put on a robe and sat on the bed, according to Thomas, who said that he then asked her to massage his feet. She complied.
    “I didn’t know what to do in the circumstance,” she said. “I didn’t know that I could say no, so I did it. And he kept telling me, ‘I’m naked. Do you want to see?’” Thomas said that she pretended not to hear Hoffman as he made suggestive comments to her.

Watch John Oliver grill Dustin Hoffman about sexual harassment allegations this was a week ago but the story from today
    https://youtu.be/bZNuh0xxKis
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah Dustin Hoffmayne is done...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Yeah Dustin Hoffmayne is done...

From recent interviews he seemed like hes starting to lose it anyway.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao dustin was shootin.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bucci mane is innocent!

No body bag! Repeat
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Lol facts

Ya'll acting like chicks aren't saying that simple ? like "Hey, why aren't you smiling?" is harassment too. ? aren't responding to normal chicks. When they say you can't compliment a woman anymore, they are talking about this extremist SJW ? that's popular these days.

That's women on the street who say they don't like that ? ...and ? most people don't like being told to smile by people taking their picture let alone a random person on the street. Do some people take it too far? Yes...but can I see how it would be annoying in general? Yes.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's women on the street who say they don't like that ? ...and ? most people don't like being told to smile by people taking their picture let alone a random person on the street. Do some people take it too far? Yes...but can I see how it would be annoying in general? Yes.

Being annoyed by someone isn't cause for accusing them of such a thing, and if people do make such accusations so flippantly, it's understandable that others would be hesitant to trust their version of things. It's basically a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation. Women do annoying ? all the time. Men don't go running around accusing them of harrassment.

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    i believed in buccigross he aint look like that type but berry you on your own lol so Adrienne Lawrence didnt get a raise now she mad lol? they need to make this story go viral and on the news
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I TOLD Y'ALL.....if he's right, that proves that some of this ? is nothing more than a witchhunt.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They claiming Jerry Richardson owner of the Panthers 81 year old ass molesting people too
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Both look like they need to take the ? , no surprise.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yea,, how bout some ? accountability from the women.. who are enamored by the man in power an wants to advance their ? careers... you dont have to have a phd to be accountable.. There are some women who put themselves in these positions because they can see benefit from it. This is taught.. whether explicitly or not.. Character is way down on the list of important factors when choosing to engage in any type of relationship sadly.

There is a lot of scheming going on.. in some cases where it simply breaks down to ass for cash.. within that dynamic there are many branches where its more nuanced.. buts its the same ? .