Yo, HBO or NetFlix should make a series out of this African myth.

The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
? would be dope, especially the depictions of the gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzmFEDNWTO8

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacks got to do it themselves. Can't expect Netflix or HBO to do something on it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    I don't know about that. If I'm not mistaken, HBO is already putting an African inspired show in the works and many of their best shows (e.g. Wire and Oz) have been heavily black shows, so I think you can expect them to be open to a pitch. And Netflix puts out a variety of ? , so I don't think they'd have a problem with pushing something black. So if your point is that a black person will have to bring the idea to them, that's probably true. If you're saying we couldn't count on them to pick something up and run with it, I don't really agree with that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that. If I'm not mistaken, HBO is already putting an African inspired show in the works and many of their best shows (e.g. Wire and Oz) have been heavily black shows, so I think you can expect them to be open to a pitch. And Netflix puts out a variety of ? , so I don't think they'd have a problem with pushing something black. So if your point is that a black person will have to bring the idea to them, that's probably true. If you're saying we couldn't count on them to pick something up and run with it, I don't really agree with that.

the wire and oz?

think about that for a second
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was cool I'd watch a well produced series about it
  • The Lonious Monk

the wire and oz?

Yeah, I wasn't using those as examples of the subject matter the story should have. I only pointed them out because it's proof that HBO isn't scared to have shows that have largely black casts.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator

the wire and oz?

Insecure