D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Maaan Kordell Stewart>>>RG3 foh he’s not top 10 anything

RG3 might be top 10 Number 1 nfl cornball brother

Fixed. And he won that ? by a mile.

You forgetting about all the Ray Lewis on right now and all the ? OJ has done.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man stop Russell Wilson is just as a cornball as rg3
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

Football is a team sport and is very situational. If I'm starting a franchise I 100% take Marino over Williams.
    grYmes wrote: »
    Winning the Super Bowl doesn’t historically make you a great QB. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and so many others have won but more because of the team around them. They didn’t have the stats, clutch performances or longevity to be considered greats individually.

All time greats like Marino, Dan Fouts & Warren Moon are light years ahead of Williams and others. They just didn’t have the D or didn’t have the breaks to win it all.

Taking Doug Williams overall just because he won a Super Bowl over Marino puts your football common sense on notice.

There's another element of football that you guys didn't address. Namely; performance under pressure.

In Superbowl XXII Williams passed for a Super Bowl record 340 yards and four touchdowns, with one interception.

In Super Bowl XIX, Marino passed for 318 yards, one touchdown pass and two interceptions.

So who's better?

Who would you pick to start in a Superbowl?

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

Football is a team sport and is very situational. If I'm starting a franchise I 100% take Marino over Williams.
    Winning the Super Bowl doesn’t historically make you a great QB. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and so many others have won but more because of the team around them. They didn’t have the stats, clutch performances or longevity to be considered greats individually.

All time greats like Marino, Dan Fouts & Warren Moon are light years ahead of Williams and others. They just didn’t have the D or didn’t have the breaks to win it all.

Taking Doug Williams overall just because he won a Super Bowl over Marino puts your football common sense on notice.

There's another element of football that you guys didn't address. Namely; performance under pressure.

In Superbowl XXII Williams passed for a Super Bowl record 340 yards and four touchdowns, with one interception.

In Super Bowl XIX, Marino passed for 318 yards, one touchdown pass and two interceptions.

So who's better?

Clutch performing & “playing under pressure” is the same damn thing.

Williams played against a average defense and played along with Timmy Smith. Who broke the Super Bowl rushing record & has just as much argument as being the MVP in that game. Without Elway the Broncos in the 80s would of been trash.

Marino played against a highly underrated 49ers D & the best team in the 80s.

Come on bruh. Plus Marino has had clutch performances before. His surrounding cast just wasn’t enough to get a ring.

Just stop.
  • Haast Eagle
    Haast Eagle Members Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Options
    Yall arguing with a "Reason ? ". Think about that first.

He said Doug Williams over Dan Marino. He should be banned from the cheap seats.

He?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

So who's better?

Williams played against a average defense and played along with Timmy Smith. Who broke the Super Bowl rushing record & has just as much argument as being the MVP in that game. Without Elway the Broncos in the 80s would of been trash.

Come on bruh. Plus Marino has had clutch performances before. His surrounding cast just wasn’t enough to get a ring.

Just stop.

Think about what your saying.

The most important thing in football is winning the Superbowl. Thats indisputable. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that a QB's regular season statistics are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is who won the Superbowl.
  • grYmes
    Options
    YOU the one who gotta think. Not every QB thats won a Super Bowl is instantly a great QB. By your logic you tryin to tell me Jeff Hostetler, Joe Flacco & Doug Williams better than Marino, Fouts, & Moon? GTFOH, stay in the Reason & post some ? about the Fat Boys my dude. SMH
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    YOU the one who gotta think. Not every QB thats won a Super Bowl is instantly a great QB. By your logic you tryin to tell me Jeff Hostetler, Joe Flacco & Doug Williams better than Marino, Fouts, & Moon? GTFOH, stay in the Reason & post some ? about the Fat Boys my dude. SMH
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

So who's better?

Just stop.

The most important thing in football is winning the Superbowl. Thats indisputable. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that a QB's regular season statistics are irrelevant. The only thing that matters is who won the Superbowl.

vldgxm8h6rbi.gif

So let me get this straight, you guys are saying that stats are more important than winning the Superbowl?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

So who's better?

Just stop.

vldgxm8h6rbi.gif

So let me get this straight, you guys are saying that stats are more important than winning the Superbowl?

Are you saying Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Dan Marino and Philip Rivers?
  • aneed123
    Options
    he gotta be trolling
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

So who's better?

Just stop.

vldgxm8h6rbi.gif

Are you saying Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Dan Marino and Philip Rivers?
    aneed123 wrote: »
    he gotta be trolling

I'm saying that winning a Superbowl>>>

If you don't understand that then you don't understand the objective of playing football.
  • grYmes
    edited October 2017
    Options
    "@5 Grand" u buggin

So who's better?

Just stop.

vldgxm8h6rbi.gif

he gotta be trolling

I'm saying that winning a Superbowl>>>

If you don't understand that then you don't understand the objective of playing football.

You trollin. You too damn old to not understand what we saying.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Lets say two QBs are both 37 years old and they both came in the NFL the same season and they retire the same season.

Quarterback A won a ring

Quarterback B has more passing yards, a better TD/Interception ratio and a better win/loss ratio...but no rings.

Who's the better Quarterback?

Who had a better career?
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    Options
    is horry a better player than barkley? hell no but he got rings. rings dont validate who better all the time.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Lets say two QBs are both 37 years old and they both came in the NFL the same season and they retire the same season.

Quarterback A won a ring

Quarterback B has more passing yards, a better TD/Interception ratio and a better win/loss ratio...but no rings.

Who's the better Quarterback?

Who had a better career?

You're an idiot. An old idiot.
  • 5 Grand
    edited October 2017
    Options
    is horry a better player than barkley? hell no but he got rings. rings dont validate who better all the time.

I'd rather be Horry.

Tell the truth, who would you rather be, Robert Horry or Charles Barkley?
  • grYmes
    edited October 2017
    Options

I'd rather be Horry.

No ones wants to be Charles Barkley, but your logic still dumb as hell when it comes to these NFL QBs.

I’d rather be Dan Marino than Doug Williams I tell ya that ? . Winning a ring but not doing ? before or after doesn’t make you a great QB. You were in the right situation and did just enough to not ? it up.

Other than Doug Williams, who you consider “all time great quarterbacks” that are better than Marino. Excluding the obvious.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

I'd rather be Horry.

No ones wants to be Charles Barkley, but your logic still dumb as hell when it comes to these NFL QBs.

Explain why you'd rather be Robert Horry than Charles Barkley!
  • grYmes
    edited October 2017
    Options

I'd rather be Horry.

I'd rather be Horry.

Barkley could have 10 titles and no one would still wanna he that ? . Why you yellin, lol.

Face facts, ya logic is lousy.
  • aneed123
    Options

I'd rather be Horry.

i aint ask who u rather b i asked who is the better player