Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    barkley stay sayin harden was a ball hog and shot every time b4 last year like he didn't avg 6 and a half assists a game for the previous 4 years
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Still, it’s worth noting that since 2003, the only number one overall NBA draft picks who were healthy enough to play who did not open their rookie seasons as starters were Anthony Bennett and Andrea Bargnani. That is not a group you want to be a part of, at all.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Flagged off the strength of mentioning Andrea Bargnani
    ion wanna remember them dark times lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatum and jaylen in the starting lineup along with Irving, Hayward and horford. Really hope the young guys seize the opportunity and don't let go of their spots
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main two reasons i'm hype to watch this season
    f24phz.jpg
    thankx Ainge....let go get banner #18
  • ghost!
    always been a full time Celtics fan since Dee Brown wore the uniform...just dont feel the need to come on a website and express that. Gotta life fam.
  • ghost!
    edited October 2017
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Whateva lying ass cracka

ahhh ok.

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the season is starting earlier than usual but damn this feels weird, not complaining at all though...had an eventful summer to say the least, ready to see what we can do on the court now

@CJ
    @HustleThaDon

Realistic expectations for the season?

I think anything less than a competitive out in the conference finals would have to be considered a failure
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the season is starting earlier than usual but damn this feels weird, not complaining at all though...had an eventful summer to say the least, ready to see what we can do on the court now

@CJ
    @HustleThaDon

I think anything less than a competitive out in the conference finals would have to be considered a failure

Same conference finals

Maybe not a better regular season record but definitely a better team.

Honestly won't be surprised if we go home in the second round again tho.
  • ghost!
    edited October 2017
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    always been a full time Celtics fan since Dee Brown wore the uniform...just dont feel the need to come on a website and express that. Gotta life fam.

Lol seems convenient you're excited and posting more now that we have 3 all stars. I've barely seen you evaluate our talent, in the beginning of the Celtics thread you were super critical and called me "a fool" for saying we'd win 45 games a few years ago due to Stevens getting the most out of players. Nope and John B are consistent, too many times I saw u barely say anything Celtics related outside of 1 sentence.

There's too much going on in the sports world and in life for me to be on here like that. As i have said i watch a lot of football until its over then get into the NBA, And so what I'm critical of the Cs post the BIG 3. You can't
    be as a fan? So when you guys were belly aching about Ainge and how he drafted, and "NOPE" wanted him fired that was ok, but I can't be critical? ha ha...

i just dont got the time to sit here and battle it out with katz online anymore.. I was doing that back w Tommy, laker and Detroit fans back in 08....i dont have anything to prove and don't care what others think

you barking up the wrong tree if you think i'm some over night Cs fan....

But i'm good being a individual..you can keep your Celtics fan circle of like 2 people(no diss to other Cs fan) and eat a pop tart everytime they do something you don't like.
  • BlackAX410
    I didn't say u can't be critical but you're all over the place in your analysis of the team. I've told u that multiple times
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get him Ax! Aint no ? half stepping
  • ghost!
    I didn't say u can't be critical but you're all over the place in your analysis of the team. I've told u that multiple times

Who are you? The last word to a Cs fan..have you ever listen to boston sports radio? You do realize there is a lot of Cs fan that don't share your same opinion right, or have their own?

Your opinion is not better then mine...I keep it real about them, if they sucking, they sucking.......i wasnt a big fan of the teams roster after the BIG 3, but respected their grain and hustle though. Wanted them to draft Tatum, when this board thought they were taken Fultz. Like this direction over last years, or previous years roster/and direction of the team.

look at it how you wanna. I'm good either way.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CJ wrote: »

@CJ
    @HustleThaDon

Same conference finals

Maybe not a better regular season record but definitely a better team.

Honestly won't be surprised if we go home in the second round again tho.

I agree, I'm not concerned about chemistry issues and think we'll be fine throughout the regular season honestly

James and Cliff are both at the point in their careers where regular season wins and accolades are nice but they're going to be judged off of their playoff performance and success

Neither one of them can really afford to have another disappointing and/or ? end to their postseason.....especially Harden
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get that cracka Ax!
  • ghost!
    ha ha...yeah Axel

come get me.
  • BlackAX410
    -immortal-apollo

I said what I said seems like you on some front running ? , anyway new NBA prediction podcast on deck. We were super zooted during this so that explains the intro lmao
  • ghost!
    -immortal-apollo

I said what I said seems like you on some front running ? , anyway new NBA prediction podcast on deck. We were super zooted during this so that explains the intro lmao

Not the one.....as i said...i rocked w them when Dee Brown was pumping his reebok pumps up, since the year they tryied to tanked for Tim Duncan and it failed.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Ghost was in cheap seats reppin the c's before axel was.Can't question if he's a c's fan

I told y'all me and duke was beefin during the whole '09 c's vs bulls series.? was tight after every game

john was on here too then cuz I remember him typin a essay after I said the bulls shoulda rocked black shoes & socks in game 3(peep the footage they wore WHITE shoes that ? was stupid) that's why they lost and he typed a text block ramblin lol
  • ghost!
    AZTG wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »

Who are you? The last word to a Cs fan..have you ever listen to boston sports radio? You do realize there is a lot of Cs fan that don't share your same opinion right, or have their own?

Your opinion is not better then mine...I keep it real about them, if they sucking, they sucking.......i wasnt a big fan of the teams roster after the BIG 3, but respected their grain and hustle though. Wanted them to draft Tatum, when this board thought they were taken Fultz. Like this direction over last years, or previous years roster/and direction of the team.

look at it how you wanna. I'm good either way.

AX dont listen to Boston radio cause hes from DC or somewhere in that area.

Get him Ghost!

I know he doesn't.....i was just saying..not everyone feels the same way he feels. I mean NOPE wanted Danny Ainge fired cause the Cs traded down to get Tatum....like word!?!?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost was in cheap seats reppin the c's before axel was.Can't question if he's a c's fan

I told y'all me and duke was beefin during the whole '09 c's vs bulls series.? was tight after every game

john was on here too then cuz I remember him typin a essay after I said the bulls shoulda rocked black shoes & socks in game 3(peep the footage they wore WHITE shoes that ? was stupid) that's why they lost and he typed a text block ramblin lol

I don’t remember this but I don’t doubt it happened I know I was around, I was here reppin when we traded for the big 3 and Knicks fans were trying tell me signing Zach Randolph was a bigger deal and it was going to take a couple years before the Celtics do anything, this is why to this day I still say Knicks have the dumbest fans and it still holds true, AZTG is an anomaly