Smack/URL Summer Madness 6: Hollow Da Don vs Tay Roc

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited October 2017 in The Battle Rap Zone

Smack/URL Summer Madness 6: Hollow Da Don vs Tay Roc 25 votes

Hollow Da Don
48%
5th Lettermike06usmarin3TrillaaaaaaKNiGHTSdouble0sugeMoore7sCoolJoeHarlemThumzUpbossdon201LivefromclaycoSuperSoaker 12 votes
Tay Roc
36%
dwade206MillzOGgiftedMECCA1000DOPEdweebzsoulfulcatFyHunnitTHIRDSUPREMEMaywood 9 votes
Debatable
16%
dbrazil412don_simmyTrollio victory_kid 4 votes

Comments

• Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tay Roc
    Yo If i see this ? Yak-Man Cigarello one mo time
    oouzmkw1w106.gif
  • Maywood
    Options
    Tay Roc
    I got Roc 2-1...Nice 3rd by Hollow..but It's time to Retire
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocs second is crazy
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Tay Roc said.. let it fly in your ear like what the ? is that.... hitman holla had a bar like that anybody remember what battle it was?
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Debatable
    First round is debatable IMO.
    Second round Roc -- but Hollow's second half of his second round was fire.
    Third round Hollow -- Roc held it down too still.

I like Hollow's set-ups and freestyle ability more, so I give it to him 2-1. He was spitting some fire but didn't stick with the crowd. But I don't care about crowd reactions, some bars are overhyped anyways.

I can understand if others give it to Roc 2-1 tho.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options

I like Hollow's set-ups and freestyle ability more, so I give it to him 2-1. He was spitting some fire but didn't stick with the crowd. But I don't care about crowd reactions, some bars are overhyped anyways.

How i'm feeling. Roc's second was ? tier. Only thing bugging me is the first, roc went a little harder but hollow was a little more entertaining... but just off the strength that roc's best bar in that round was something i heard before i feel like i have to edge it to hollow.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    This was one of Hollow weakest performances imo, there was no cohesion like his usual battles. His third was strong and had moments but I dont really ? with real talk battlerap.
  • victory_kid
    Options
    Debatable
    The Recipe wrote: »
    This was one of Hollow weakest performances imo, there was no cohesion like his usual battles. His third was strong and had moments but I dont really ? with real talk battlerap.

I kinda see what you are saying but I think he wanted to match Roc's intensity. Also he was searching for moments too, you can almost feel his frustration with the crowd during some parts when they don't react to bars that were fire.

But I don't think it was one of his weakest, far from it.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

I kinda see what you are saying but I think he wanted to match Roc's intensity. Also he was searching for moments too, you can almost feel his frustration with the crowd during some parts when they don't react to bars that were fire.

But I don't think it was one of his weakest, far from it.

I may be jumping to conclusions might have to revisit it down the line.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Hollow 2-1. First and third even though Hollow's second was probably his best round lyrically.

Roc was in his feelings that 3rd round when Hollow was mentioning how he is a slave to Smack. lol
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    To me the reason why i have Hollow as my GOAT is he actually writes for his opponents. The one dimensional gun bar rappers like Roc verses could be towards anybody. It has little to no personals imo and isn't catered to that specific opponent. When you listen to a dude like Hollow, Lux, Chilla,etc it sounds like they research their opponents and lyrics aren't from a cookie cutter gun line template.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    PandAmonium get it?
  • victory_kid
    Options
    Debatable
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    To me the reason why i have Hollow as my GOAT is he actually writes for his opponents. The one dimensional gun bar rappers like Roc verses could be towards anybody. It has little to no personals imo and isn't catered to that specific opponent. When you listen to a dude like Hollow, Lux, Chilla,etc it sounds like they research their opponents and lyrics aren't from a cookie cutter gun line template.

True.
  • Maywood
    Options
    Tay Roc
    When Tay Roc said.. let it fly in your ear like what the ? is that.... hitman holla had a bar like that anybody remember what battle it was?

Vs O-Red on UDubb
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »

Vs O-Red on UDubb

So does this make Roc a biter? Ave wants to know
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    Hollow was going the ? off in that second round, probably my favorite round of the battle.

Hollow 3-0.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options

How i'm feeling. Roc's second was ? tier.

2608ruo.jpg

Lol exaggeration i guess but he had some mean haymakers in that round.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    Clairvoyance didn't i body bag you? Dont quote me lol
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^Ether.......
    lol ay somewhere down the line i wanna rematch....

but this battle imo had to many dry spots for a main event. Roc's consistent wit his performance I'll give him that. Imma watch it again to determine a winner,but I don't see myself revisiting this one in the future.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Debatable
    Starting to hate url crowds.

? n let ? rap.

Both had cricket moments and high spots.

Could tell this was just a battle on the resume
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    This is one where the crowd came in on Roc's ? because he's been consistently out here. Hollow dropping them bombs and getting no reaction is purely, "This light skinned ? don't ? wit us like that" hating. Him getting thrown off by the crowd so much is also a sign he needed some more tuneup battles.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Hollow Da Don
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    This is one where the crowd came in on Roc's ? because he's been consistently out here. Hollow dropping them bombs and getting no reaction is purely, "This light skinned ? don't ? wit us like that" hating. Him getting thrown off by the crowd so much is also a sign he needed some more tuneup battles.

Taking into consideration how the crowd did not want to get behind Hollow and seeing that they were on Roc's side. But yet Hollow still did his thing and ended up turning the crowd in his favor, this might be his best performance or at least it's up there. I think this will look much more favorably in Hollow's favor in the future as one of his signature performances.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tay Roc
    Close battle but Tay got the second clearly. Prolly best round of the battle. Hollow the third with the grown man angle. Roc getting in his feelings. Came down to the first, which I edged to Roc. Hollow’s performance and crowd control was rusty and it showed more in the first. Good battle nonetheless.