The Devil’s Rejects Sequel Next Up for Rob Zombie

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
It looks like writer/director/musician Rob Zombie is going back to the well for another go ’round with the infamous Firefly clan as ? Disgusting reports his next movie will be a sequel to 2005’s The Devil’s Rejects and 2003’s House of 1000 Corpses.

Fans of the series may wonder how Zombie could possibly cook up a threequel, given that Vera-Ellen “Baby” Firefly (Sheri Moon Zombie), Otis Driftwood (Bill Moseley) and Captain Spaulding (Sid Haig) went down in a blaze of “Freebird”-enhanced glory at the end of Devil’s Rejects. However, anything is possible, from a movie set in Hell to a prequel to a story that simply ignores the previous two films for another tale of blood-soaked mayhem.

While Zombie himself has yet to confirm or deny reports, we’ll keep you posted on all things from the singer and horror legend, whose last gore-spattered film 31 was released in 2016 to critical drubbing. The Devil’s Rejects grossed $17 million on a $7 million dollar budget back in 2005, and was a tremendous success on DVD. House of 1000 Corpses grossed $12 million in 2003.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/898183-the-devils-rejects-sequel-next-up-for-rob-zombie#cMv5F3p3SAlzqRUa.99

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    A lot of folks dislike Zombie's films, but I'm a fan of a majority of them. They're just twisted and ? up and i love it most the time. Devils Rejects is by far my favorite of his films. 31 was pretty cool too for the most part, but I could understand some of the hate for it.

Wonder where he will take this since the whole family is dead now..
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only one I liked was Halloween. Halloween 2 was horrible to me and did not care for Devil reject
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Don't do it Rob. I'd like to see Sid Haig in more movies before he goes but not reprising this role yet again. Just reform White Zombie or something.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I like Devils Rejects and Rob did a good job on Halloween I thought. I'll check it out on Netflix
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...who keeps green lighting this fool. His Halloween movies werent enough!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I like Devils Rejects and Rob did a good job on Halloween I thought. I'll check it out on Netflix

I really liked the first Halloween. The second one was alright, i thought Ghost Mom was pretty stupid. Laurie having PTSD and other stuff was cool though.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    House of 1000 corpses and devil's rejects are the only films ive enjoyed by Rob Zombie. The others especially Lords of Salem were horrible
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    House of 1000 corpses and devil's rejects are the only films ive enjoyed by Rob Zombie. The others especially Lords of Salem were horrible

haha i never saw Lords of salem, but saw it in the 3 dollar bin at Best Buy and bought it. Finally tried watching it last weekend but i couldnt ? with it. ? was boring as hell and had some terrible acting. He needs to stop making his wife major characters in his movies.

She pulls off her character in House/Devils rejects pretty good, but anything else she isnt very convincing at all.