Legacy of Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh "La Di Da Di"

Options
Breezy_Kilroy
Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/OPyl1DHeQGQ

This is amazing and I know it's not even half of the songs Slick Rick influenced.

Easily one of the most influential flows ever and for it's time the was groundbreaking in 1985.

La di da di
We like to party
We don't cause trouble
We don't bother nobody

Just those four lines transcended genres and continues to be replicated and interpolated to this day.

I just hope those who didn't know where it came from eventually paid their respects.
Homie is a legend and deserves all the praise and recognition he can get.

slick-rick-4.jpg

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the was the talent show standard in 7th grade
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slick Rick top5 DOA

Wish he would come back for 1 more album
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is amazing and I know it's not even half of the songs Slick Rick influenced.

Easily one of the most influential flows ever and for it's time the was groundbreaking in 1985.

La di da di
    We like to party
    We don't cause trouble
    We don't bother nobody

Just those four lines transcended genres and continues to be replicated and interpolated to this day.

I just hope those who didn't know where it came from eventually paid their respects.

slick-rick-4.jpg

Ladi Dadi is a GOAT song and The Show is too. One of the best 12"s in the history of Hip Hop.

Having said that, looking at the photo, it looks like he spent an enormous amount of money on jewelry. It looks cool but I hope he invested in something sensible. I'd hate for him to have bought all that jewelry and have to ? it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most jewelry for photo shoots are rented
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This ? almost shot Big Daddy Kane on a tour bus lol
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Slick has a crazy gold jewlery collection

Hes known for it

Hes even been known to loan them out to other artists for shows/concerts
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Peep Ricky blessin Ghostface w/ some chains for a performance

https://youtu.be/CKCeBFBBx2o
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic song...stays in rotation

Was disapointed when i saw him live...he was one of the worst performances ive ever seen....he did have all his chains..half way through the set a lady brought them out and he wore them the second half of the set
  • king hassan
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

La di da di
    We like to party
    We don't cause trouble
    We don't bother nobody

slick-rick-4.jpg

Ladi Dadi is a GOAT song and The Show is too. One of the best 12"s in the history of Hip Hop.

Having said that, looking at the photo, it looks like he spent an enormous amount of money on jewelry. It looks cool but I hope he invested in something sensible. I'd hate for him to have bought all that jewelry and have to ? it.

He still touring and he owns a lot of property in NY, so he good
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

Was disapointed when i saw him live...he was one of the worst performances ive ever seen....he did have all his chains..half way through the set a lady brought them out and he wore them the second half of the set

Isn't he in his 40's or 50's? ? I think I'd be sore performing with all those chains on for an hour or two and I'm probably half his age.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can wear as many chains as he wants, he's slick ? rick
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

Isn't he in his 40's or 50's? ? I think I'd be sore performing with all those chains on for an hour or two and I'm probably half his age.

Haha yeah probably...but big daddy kane was doing black flips on stage like an hour before that and put on a really good show
  • king hassan
    Options

Haha yeah probably...but big daddy kane was doing black flips on stage like an hour before that and put on a really good show

Yeah SL all out of shape
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must suck when u " HAVE" 2 tour past ya prime. Patti LaBelle said it's the worst. Once the flab hits u gotta shape up or sit down.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no ? better come in here coming at these two.

these two are GOATs in an era of GOATs

slick came from ? london to tear ? down.
    an dougie......who been in the game longer?

im talking from the infancy of this ? .

? was on beat street. and still touring. selling ? out.

yall clown those who still tour cause yall think they money aint right....but thats far from the truth ...do people say that ? when the ? head rockers do it?

cant nobody touch dougie.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

La di da di
    We like to party
    We don't cause trouble
    We don't bother nobody

slick-rick-4.jpg

he owned a jewelry store i think. and it was because of his jewelry and money that cause him to go to jail for shooting a ? ....family at that i think
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited October 2017
    Options

an your point?
    maybe the ? can just do backflips
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Not back than Jewelers did not get hip to renting out the Jewelry till the late 90's early 2000's( The Faking the front Flash is everything age) when rappers were not having the capital to invest in their precious metals and stones game...