What Do You Think About My Solution To The Drug Problem?

Comments

• thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so let me get this straight. When I graduate with my JD in May and then pass the bar in July, I can sell weed, coke and heroin? And to do so, I have to go to a police precinct? Last thing the legal field needs is more access to drugs, there's already high levels alcoholism, drug abuse and depression in the field as is. Not sure why education level alone should give you access to legalized drugs...

But yeah its a not a good idea...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I disagree. The drug problem isnt a problem because hard working americans arent allowed to get ? up on the weekends, its a problem because people are doing drugs, getting addicted, getting locked up and sent back out on to the streets without tackling the root of the problem. They are still addicted, they get high immediately, then they need to worry about their next fix and they often do things that are illegal to get money for that fix. When they are at a certain point, many of them cannot keep a job for various reasons: Not passing a drug test, being high on the job and ? up, or withdrawing from said drug and calling out too many times. They get a criminal record and that ? them over from getting a job in the future. That furthers the depression and that gives them another reason to get high.

They need to legalize all drugs. ALL drugs. I personally would keep ones like ? illegal, but regardless if the drug is legal or not, if people want to do the drugs, they will do the drugs. Sell drugs exactly like legal weed states are doing and tax the ? . The taxes can go to paying for behavorial health clinics. A lot of these people have no job and no insurance, for them to get into treatment when they are ready is damn near impossible. Taxing legal drugs can help finance these clinics that can do medical detox and residential treatment.

Its a tricky subject and their really is no perfect answer for it.

Your position seems to be that poor people on skid row are the only ones that do drugs. Thats not true. Everybody does drugs. Rich lawyers and stockbrokers do drugs. Its called being a functional drug addict. They can get up, go to work and then come home and get ? up. But those people aren't the problem.

The problem is uneducated people that drop out and ruin their lives by doing drugs. It starts off with weed and then they graduate to coke and heroin.

With my solution the only people with access to drugs are college educated people. And those people have the discretion to whom they sell it to.

Uneducated people shouldn't be doing hard drugs.

Of course everyone does drugs. Yes rich people do drugs and can be functioning addicts, but rich people that do drugs aren't a problem because THEY CAN AFFORD DRUGS. Poorer drug addicts cause the most problems because they have to hustle to get their drugs and will do many things to do so. Stealing, selling drugs, prostitution, etc. Locking those people up costs a lot of money. A lot of these states don't have the money to lock them up.

You're solution isn't a solution at all. You cant give certain people access to drugs. At this moment nobody is technically supposed to have access to drugs, but guess what? Everyone finds a way to access it if they look hard enough. Those well educated people you speak of probably have jobs and skills that will keep them employed and well paid. Unless their habit is out of control, they won't need to steal or do anything illegal for their habit.

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here..sell some of these drugs to pay that tuition loan off
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we want to do hard drugs though?

The more education a person is the less likely they'll do hard drugs, imo.
    They usually take prescription pills.
  • Lou Cypher

Prescription pills easily develop into a drug addiction and can be just as bad as a heroin or coke addiction. Especially benzos. Withdrawl from benzos can ? you.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prescription pills easily develop into a drug addiction and can be just as bad as a heroin or coke addiction. Especially benzos. Withdrawl from benzos can ? you.

It's really bad here.

They take down drug rings all the time because of the insurance fraud. These white people here do it the most.

And it's these young ? doing heroin now. Smh..
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so let me get this straight. When I graduate with my JD in May and then pass the bar in July, I can sell weed, coke and heroin? And to do so, I have to go to a police precinct? Last thing the legal field needs is more access to drugs, there's already high levels alcoholism, drug abuse and depression in the field as is. Not sure why education level alone should give you access to legalized drugs...

@ the bolded. Exactly. When you reach a certain level of education (military experience or 5 years in a union) you can sell drugs legally. By doing this we eliminate the drug dealers that dropped out of high school. Dropping out of high school and selling drugs will no longer be an option. The dropouts will be forced to go back to school.

Of course everyone does drugs. Yes rich people do drugs and can be functioning addicts, but rich people that do drugs aren't a problem because THEY CAN AFFORD DRUGS. Poorer drug addicts cause the most problems because they have to hustle to get their drugs and will do many things to do so. Stealing, selling drugs, prostitution, etc. Locking those people up costs a lot of money. A lot of these states don't have the money to lock them up.

You're solution isn't a solution at all. You cant give certain people access to drugs. At this moment nobody is technically supposed to have access to drugs, but guess what? Everyone finds a way to access it if they look hard enough. Those well educated people you speak of probably have jobs and skills that will keep them employed and well paid. Unless their habit is out of control, they won't need to steal or do anything illegal for their habit.

Your first paragraph that I highlighted proves my point. I agree with that first paragraph. Rich educated people can afford to do drugs. Its the poor drug users that are the problem. So to solve the problem we legalize drugs for rich educated people and make it illegal for poor uneducated people. If poor uneducated people can't get access to drugs they will either turn around and go back to school or stop using drugs because they can't get it.

The underlying solution is basically to trick a person that would have otherwise dropped out to go to college.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Your first paragraph that I highlighted proves my point. I agree with that first paragraph. Rich educated people can afford to do drugs. Its the poor drug users that are the problem. So to solve the problem we legalize drugs for rich educated people and make it illegal for poor uneducated people. If poor uneducated people can't get access to drugs they will either turn around and go back to school or stop using drugs because they can't get it.

The underlying solution is basically to trick a person that would have otherwise dropped out to go to college.

....ooooor make their own
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was the case, t/s would be drug free.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2017

@ the bolded. Exactly. When you reach a certain level of education (military experience or 5 years in a union) you can sell drugs legally. By doing this we eliminate the drug dealers that dropped out of high school. Dropping out of high school and selling drugs will no longer be an option. The dropouts will be forced to go back to school.

That's dumb. That is so stupid I am flabbergasted.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the solution is let it die out within the community.

kinda like it did for us.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most stupid ? is not this well thought out..

i think you just broke new ground
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    What you do think should be done about pimps who force men to snort coke and then ? them @5grand ? Is castration the only way to stop homosexual, ? induced, ? ? ?
  • 5 Grand
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    What you do think should be done about pimps who force men to snort coke and then ? them @5grand ? Is castration the only way to stop homosexual, ? induced, ? ? ?

Castrate them and if that doesn't work - murder them
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
  • 5 Grand

That's dumb. That is so stupid I am flabbergasted.
    Most stupid ? is not this well thought out..

i think you just broke new ground

OK, if my idea is so bad, let me hear you guys suggestion on how to solve the drug problem.

If its not going to be by education level then how would you legalize it?

Because you can't have people dropping out of high school to smoke weed, which is why a lot of people drop out.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People drop out mostly because of lack of guidance. ? decision making.. and apathy
  • 5 Grand
    People drop out mostly because of lack of guidance. ? decision making.. and apathy

Cosign.

But when they do drugs after dropping out they experience negative social mobility.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    The stereotype of the high school pothead dropping out isn't even a thing anymore. EVERYONE smokes weed.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The stereotype of the high school pothead dropping out isn't even a thing anymore. EVERYONE smokes weed.

It's never been a thing. Just propaganda
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most ignorant ? on here. ? .

How bout we not lock up substance abusers? Already proven that treatment is more effective and cheaper.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @5grand always catchin hell out here but never gives up im rootin for u man

....from a distance, from a distance
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, give the mf his own subforum lol
    I disagree. The drug problem isnt a problem because hard working americans arent allowed to get ? up on the weekends, its a problem because people are doing drugs, getting addicted, getting locked up and sent back out on to the streets without tackling the root of the problem. They are still addicted, they get high immediately, then they need to worry about their next fix and they often do things that are illegal to get money for that fix. When they are at a certain point, many of them cannot keep a job for various reasons: Not passing a drug test, being high on the job and ? up, or withdrawing from said drug and calling out too many times. They get a criminal record and that ? them over from getting a job in the future. That furthers the depression and that gives them another reason to get high.

They need to legalize all drugs. ALL drugs. I personally would keep ones like ? illegal, but regardless if the drug is legal or not, if people want to do the drugs, they will do the drugs. Sell drugs exactly like legal weed states are doing and tax the ? . The taxes can go to paying for behavorial health clinics. A lot of these people have no job and no insurance, for them to get into treatment when they are ready is damn near impossible. Taxing legal drugs can help finance these clinics that can do medical detox and residential treatment.

Its a tricky subject and their really is no perfect answer for it.

It starts off with weed and then they graduate to coke and heroin.

many moons ago my pops friend gon pull me to the side talkin bout

"smoking weed leads to ? " smh

maybe for you mf

• anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should all be decriminalized. If it's an issue, it's a health issue. Not a legal one.
  • 5 Grand
    anduin wrote: »
    It should all be decriminalized. If it's an issue, it's a health issue. Not a legal one.

The problem is that some people can handle drugs and some people can't.

I've worked at an investment banking firm with stockbrokers and lawyers. They all arrive at work at 9:30am and go home at 4:00pm. They go home and get ? up and come back to work the next day. Those people are functioning drug addicts and would be able to handle coke and heroin if it was decriminalized.

But think of the wino on the corner. He's laid out on the sidewalk and can't get up because he's downed a whole bottle of liquor. I don't think he should have access to hard drugs, in fact hard drugs are what put him on the corner in the first place.

My point is that some people can handle coke and heroin and some people can't. The same can be said about alcohol, some people can drink socially but they know their limit. Other people get DUIs and let alcohol ruin their lives.