DAMN. vs 4:44

Options

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    Aye bro 'YAH.' is the ? ... I love reggae/dancehall/riddim music so it resonates

My only gripe is it's so short as a track
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4:44
    Damm was a dope album with sum dope tracks 4:44 was a great album and a classic imo.... I just can't get with all that singing and harmonizing rap in comparison to a just straight rap album
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    YAH the only skipper on DAMN for me

You trippin. Yah goes!
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like YAH but loyalty is weak
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4:44 for me. I didn't like Love, ? or Loyalty. And I thought the sample choice loyalty was just in bad taste. Also wasn't feeling the last joint with those three 9th wonder beats, surprisingly. Concept seemed forced throughout the album to me.

Only track that I wasn't feelin in Jay ? Bam. Just didn't fit the album imo
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    Duckworth is just special
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t skip a record on each.

4:44 slightly
  • Inglewood_Fatty
    Inglewood_Fatty Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    I appreciate what Hov did with 4:44 but DAMN is still my favorite album of the year.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    YAH the only skipper on DAMN for me

Maybe my favourite jawn on the record... :D

giphy.gif

Samething I thought. "yah" over "feel" and "duckworth", to each his own
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    Damn shittin on 4:44, only old Boom Bap ass ? gon say Jay made the better album because they can’t face that a New Gen Rapper is Better than Jay Z is Today and he’s considered as the GOAT by a lot of ppl.

FOH, just because a ? made a track saying ? need to get they Credit together and pointing out how White ppl had a Systemic advantage over Blacks on a track didn’t have as much of an “Impact” as ? making it out to be.
    “FEAR & DUCKWORTH” shittin on that entire album, now watch the flags come in from you Old Jay Stans
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not even a big jay z fan but that album was good .

Bam is one of my fav
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    close one but the best songs on damn were better than the best songs on 444. DNA, Feel and Fear are all song of the year contenders.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    4:44 great album no skips

Damn is a good album it just didn't move me like 4:44

• GetoBoy
    Options
    Damn shittin on 4:44, only old Boom Bap ass ? gon say Jay made the better album because they can’t face that a New Gen Rapper is Better than Jay Z is Today and he’s considered as the GOAT by a lot of ppl.

FOH, just because a ? made a track saying ? need to get they Credit together and pointing out how White ppl had a Systemic advantage over Blacks on a track didn’t have as much of an “Impact” as ? making it out to be.
    “FEAR & DUCKWORTH” shittin on that entire album, now watch the flags come in from you Old Jay Stans

Pure rapping>>>sing rapping *shrugs*
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Sing rapping >>>> not rapping and doing spoken word

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Just love me, just loveeeeeee me
  • GetoBoy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

Glad 4:44 wasn't spoken word but Damm was definitely sing rapping
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    Cant believe some folks didnt like ? . That beat switch up was clean. Hook was on point. ? is fire
  • miami cane
    miami cane Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    Damn... This was easy. Damn is just that great to me. 4:44 is awesome and the best Jay best album since AG, but it still ain't in the level of Damn. Just my humble opinion.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can’t choose.

My two favorite albums of the year and the last cpl years
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DAMN.

Jayz didnt spaz out on a flow once during the whole album...did he flow at all? Sounded like just a bunch of talking on a beat

Its was a cafe open mic sounding album
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN.
    Old ? at it again
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K. Dot got the best song ofromnall the track though.

FEEL is priceless.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Must just be me but I thought Damn was a major disappointment
  • GetoBoy
    edited November 2017
    Options

Jayz didnt spaz out on a flow once during the whole album...did he flow at all? Sounded like just a bunch of talking on a beat

Its was a cafe open mic sounding album

Jay 3rd verse on Smile>>>>any verse on Damn..... And even if you don't believe that talking on a beat beats singing on a beat I wanna hear a ? singing I'll go cop a R&B album I wanna hear rhymes