The Official Windows Phone 7 Thread

Options
2pacnbiggie
2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllTek
Its official and its coming to takeover this year lets use this thread for all info news, videos etc.

I was pretty much impressed with Windows Phone 7 after i watched all these videos. Im ready to try it out check it out and drop your thoughts i think this is easily gonna pass android and the iphone add to the fact that updates are gonna be comin out frequently to add in missing features at launch and new innovations microsoft is on the right path all they need to do is add file explorer, and let us add our own apps, multitasking, downloading anything thru the browser, and using the device as a usb and its perfect.
drop your thoughts

Comments

• 86 jordan
    86 jordan Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Weak, nothing new here just Microsoft live services and features that Apple and Android already do. There not inventive and are late to the party. I have an Windows phone before and it crashed frequently. I was waiting for this but bought and EVO 4G, now that this guy put me to sleep I have no regrets on android. Also Droid and apple has so many more apps, it would take Microsoft time to catch up.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    win 7 mobile should have been out since last year...Microsoft now is really trying to play catch up in the smartphone game
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Simply put Microsoft needs something innovative instead of trying to be one step ahead of Apple they need to be a couple floors ahead.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited September 2010
    Options
    engadgetmobile: Microsoft launching Windows Phone 7 on October 11th? http://bit.ly/9J35Fh
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They wont catch up. Its already too late.

Getwitcha
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its not too late this revamp is just in time once they ccome out and update it with all the necessary features its gonna be a contender...Blackberry is already no competition and its easily gonna be up there with android and the iphone....look at android it came outta no where and passed the iphone up give windows phone 7 about a good year and some change
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its not too late this revamp is just in time once they ccome out and update it with all the necessary features its gonna be a contender...Blackberry is already no competition and its easily gonna be up there with android and the iphone....look at android it came outta no where and passed the iphone up give windows phone 7 about a good year and some change

Yeah, but here is the difference. Android came as competition to the iphone because people wanted more options than what Apple allows. What exactly is Microsoft going to bring to the table that isnt already out? Unless they totally change the landscape of mobile phones they will always be behind.

Getwitcha
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited October 2010
    Options
    trust me its not too late for microsoft they got the zune goin on the phone and the live tiles is shittin on the homescreens on android and iphone. and the gaming looks to top both ios and android just watch and see how it develops theres room for the 3 of the platforms with wp7 bein the best. Its already loaded with better features than android and ios did when those phones launched
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited October 2010
    Options
    trust me its not too late for microsoft they got the zune goin on the phone and the live tiles is shittin on the homescreens on android and iphone. and the gaming looks to top both ios and android just watch and see how it develops theres room for the 3 of the platforms with wp7 bein the best. Its already loaded with better features than android and ios did when those phones launched

I guess we will see, but im not convinced based off those youtube vids you posted...smh!!

Getwitcha
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If Sony pulls through and does what's rumored for Android 3.0 - oh ? gonna be a problem. Just hope it isn't exclusive to a Sony phone, cause HTC been the truth for me past few years. :tu

As for a Windows based phone.. NEVER AGAIN.

They burned me twice before.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited October 2010
    Options
    10x1011iub234tdgaxcbn.jpg

Sprint is set to deliver a HTC 7 Pro with a QWERTY keyboard that slides out and tilts -- you can see it pictured in the gallery below -- at some point in the first half of 2011. It too goes with the same old 1GHz Snapdragon, 576MB of RAM, 5 megapixel cam plus 720p video, and WVGA display resolution (on a 3.6-inch screen), but it gets a bump in storage to 16GB

10x1011uob234htcsurround.jpg

HTC's sole Windows Phone 7 launch device for AT&T has just been revealed as the HTC 7 Surround. You'll remember this as the sexily titled T8788, which made us gape back in August with its unusual design that incorporates a slideout speaker. We can now add an integrated kickstand to the multimedia-friendly physical design, while the spec sheet (available in full after the break) is consistent with the rest of HTC's lineup. The 7 Surround offers a 3.8-inch WVGA display, a 1GHz Snapdragon chip from yesteryear, 576MB of RAM, 5 megapixel camera with 720p video, and Dolby Mobile and SRS Surround Sound technologies. This unconventional handset will be exclusive with AT&T in the US and Telus in Canada. Pricing in the US will be $199.99 on contract.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    meh not impressed...
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but these Window phones are going to fail. They dont bring anything new to the table. They dont even have the ability to copy/paste yet. There is nothing about them that says "wow, i might have to get that"

Getwitcha
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll pass on the windows 7 phone.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but these Window phones are going to fail. They dont bring anything new to the table. They dont even have the ability to copy/paste yet. There is nothing about them that says "wow, i might have to get that"

Getwitcha
    u full of ? the iphone didnt have features like multitasking and copy and paste up front either and look at it now theres gonna be updates to get windows phone 7 where it needs to be. the ui is already leaps and bounds better than android and iphone it just needs a few slight changes to the system and is gonna be wp7 ftw
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited November 2010
    Options
    u full of ? the iphone didnt have features like multitasking and copy and paste up front either and look at it now theres gonna be updates to get windows phone 7 where it needs to be. the ui is already leaps and bounds better than android and iphone it just needs a few slight changes to the system and is gonna be wp7 ftw

Yeah, but the Iphone was the first of its kind. You cant compare the two. Now, there are certain standards that people expect from their smart phones and if it cant do something as "simple" as copy/paste then there is a problem. Plus copy/paste isnt even anything new. You would think that in 2010/2010 that any new smart phone that comes out will have this feature, plus the fact that microsoft is late in the game that they already know what it takes.

Either way, my personal feelings aside, the reviews for these phones have all come back as average. Good for people connected to xbox live, but not anything special for anyone else who has already had a smart phone.

Getwitcha
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey, how did those Windows 7 phones work out for you? I dont hear much about them in the real world.

Getwitcha
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Looks like Windows phones are a big FAIL!!!

Getwitcha