Should all drugs be legalized?

Options
Preach2Teach
Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
What is the point in locking up a drug dealer? as soon as he/she gets taken off the streets they are replaced by another dealer. As long as these drug addicts want to buy drugs there will be somebody there to sell it to them every single time. The problem is not the drugs or the drug sellers the problem is the drug users themselves, it's 2017 and I am pretty sure most people know the dangers of smack and ? by now but do these kids? When I think back to school I don't remember them showing me the dangers of these drugs, we did like one lesson where we had to name drugs but that was about it, more needs to be done to warn kids on the dangers of drugs and alcohol (especially drink driving too) show them the many video's that are out there in order to scare them away from going in the direction of drugs and misery. We need to make all that ? legal and instead of all the money being spent on police time and resources to catch the drug dealers that ? can be spent on treatment and prevention, am I right?

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Outside of weed, hell no, you know how much more ? up this the world would be if ppl could legally do some of that ? ??? How many more ppl would be dying because of oding on them??? How many more addicts it would create???GTFOH
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Nah man not today

I got nothing
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legalize them. Collect the tax revenue. Put some safeguards in place for junkies who harm innocents with their habits like driving, child neglect etc.

Heroin, ? and ? could be legal and free and I'm still not going to touch it. Same with cigs. Legalization will not increase general usage.
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    What was the country that legalized all drugs and ? got better there? even if we do not legalize drugs we need to do more to teach the children not just about the dangers of drugs but the dangers of everything dangerous and in the years to come drug dealers will be struggling to sell their poison to the young and dumb.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Legalize them. Collect the tax revenue. Put some safeguards in place for junkies who harm innocents with their habits like driving, child neglect etc.

Heroin, ? and ? could be legal and free and I'm still not going to touch it. Same with cigs. Legalization will not increase general usage.

Let's say these prescription drugs all these rappers rap about today.

If they were free or you could get them at the local store.

Don't you think there would be more overdoses. Especially from kids
  • farris2k1
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »

?

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was the country that legalized all drugs and ? got better there? even if we do not legalize drugs we need to do more to teach the children not just about the dangers of drugs but the dangers of everything dangerous and in the years to come drug dealers will be struggling to sell their poison to the young and dumb.

Portugal.

...and to answer your question: yes.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Alot of students dont have an adderall connect.

Make it as easy as buying chewing gum and you'll have a whole bunch of kids addicted to amphetamines
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes nobody should dictate what you do with your body
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Outside of weed, hell no, you know how much more ? up this the world would be if ppl could legally do some of that ? ??? How many more ppl would be dying because of oding on them??? How many more addicts it would create???GTFOH

How is that your business what i do with my body
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weed only because it's truly not dangerous. At the same time, make any alcohol with greater than 10% abv illegal and cigarettes illegal.
  • farris2k1
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

How is that your business what i do with my body

Is that your counter arguement??? Lets turn the world even worse because ppl should be able to do whatever the ? they want?? In that case why even have laws, ignorant ass ? but i expecting nothing less from you
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Let's keep it real as easy as it is to get certain drugs the ? might as well be legal...

Im for maybe not legalizing everything but decriminalize it and make substance abuse a health issue. Legalizing it sounds shady the closer we get to weed legalization. Like seriously do you want the government involved/in charge of the manufacturing and sale of your coke? You trust the govt to give you quality illicit drugs? The way they are already starting to kick ppl outa their own "legal" marijuana grow farms and ? ...I'm cool on that.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drugs are more or less already legal for users, in terms of your freedom to procure and use them. Its the dealers who are targets and get the bear share of the time. Yeah users get in trouble if they get caught, but its usually because they are being stupid or arrogant.

Nothing much would change tho, just like Alcohol is legal and there are AA centers, you could do the same for ? , Coke and heroin, but then production would have to be controlled and do you really see there being name brand ? distributors?

It's not logical to make street drugs legal because they are far beyond control, and law enforcement relies heavily on the money made from it. Not to mention those who already have the bulk of the work would continue there violent strong hold and control the supply chain.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm all for what will the least amount of harm. Maybe that is legalizing it, maybe its not. I think people have very idealistic notions about drugs that just won't work the same way in reality, on both sides of the argument.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Portugal’s Example: What Happened After It Decriminalized All Drugs, From Weed to Heroin

https://news.vice.com/article/ungass-portugal-what-happened-after-decriminalization-drugs-weed-to-heroin
  • Preach2Teach
    Options
    OK forget about legalizing it the government need to stop chasing drug dealers tho, all that time energy and money could be used to prevent the children from turning to drugs this is the only way to win the drugs war, but the school system is full of ? they set people up to fail! they will teach you all about the ? like fake dinosaurs and that ? ? but when it comes to things that will make the children have better lives they couldn't give a ? .
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only the drugs I do.

u37ya2iu0f5n.gif

But heroine nah, ? really don't need to be making/doing that ? . We can't make mustard gas no more, that ? should be like that
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk... antibiotics without control by some at least marginally educated dispensers, resistance would run rampant, and people would eventually die from infections that were previously curable. ? would start mixing and matching drugs that dont belong together. That would be a hot mess.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They should make all drugs legal idaho and only idaho you cross state lines you get the death penalty.. all the ? ? , and pill popping,cacs can do that ? in piece and have Lil' Siezures under a big teepee
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make it all legal. Natural selection
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk... antibiotics without control by some at least marginally educated dispensers, resistance would run rampant, and people would eventually die from infections that were previously curable. ? would start mixing and matching drugs that dont belong together. That would be a hot mess.

You do know this is happening right now because of the products Monsanto sprays on crops world wide?

Matter of fact your whole post is happening right now. Got folks drinking lean, smoking weed, popping all kinds of pills all within a matter of minutes for some. I know you've heard the lyrics "Percocet, molly, percocet". I'm not even placing blame on that ? the mixing of drugs has been happening.

Legalized or illegal the same ? is still happening. They sell tobacco products, liquor and ? like caffeine which are all addictive. ? is the real difference between that and the drugs they're CHOOSING to make illegal for whatever ? reason?