What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Has Kendrick Been Around Long Enough For A Top 10 DOA Discussion?

Replies

• LurkdogAchillesLurkdogAchilles chillin like a villian WakandaPosts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I feel...

top 10 DOA is reserved for those artists
    who made it in before hip hop died

all these new niggas got their own separate
    era. its very similar to how I compare MJ & Bron
    different eras. don't wanna get off topic

so no he aint in THE top 10 DOA discussion
    yet, but he close, and he's definitely top 5 on
    the new list
    big-ass-clapping-in-booty-shorts.gif
    Lou_CypherSoloman_The_WiseStewonetoughmiracle
  • GetoBoyGetoBoy M.O.B. Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Not Top 10 DOA
    5 Grand wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    He has 4 albums....2 classics and 2 really solid albums imo

Thats better than a lot of rappers who are considered in the top 10

LL Cool J has two classics and two really solid albums. The difference is that his career kept going to the point where people stopped checking for him.

Exactly.... Everybody is rated higher in their primes but what makes you top 10 is how your career plays out Kdot still in the prime of his career if he go on a run of 5 below avg albums is he still top 10??? He needs his career to play out or to die B4 we can put him in the top 10
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously he's been around long enough to be in the discussion.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    IMO no

maybe somewhere in mid 20's but that's just ME.

• R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I mean look at his body of work to Biggies

Ready To Die, Life After Death>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kendricks discography

Stop it slime
    bck145
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,662 Regulator
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    I think he is.

If you say him dying puts him on there that don't make sense.

He has classic and genre defining albums that speak to the times. Now if you said J.Cole then I'd raise an eyebrow but I think Kendrick Lamar is definitely deserving of top 10 DOA.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    Chi SnowCSOPQ
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,662 Regulator
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Jay-Z
    NaS
    Eminem
    Kanye West
    LL Cool J
    Big Pun
    Big L
    Lil Wayne

Hmmmm when you think about it there's a valid argument to exclude him. Cuz Cube, Snoop, Rakim, BDK can all go up there...
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    southsil4lilI Self Lord & Master
  • Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    Yes.

4 studio albums - all of them Dope. A lot of the material he released before his first album was good.

Biggie release just 2 albums, and people swear up and down he's the GOAT ... LOL ... OK (in the Jay-Z "Story of OJ" voice).

As an 80s Baby (who grew up in the 90s- graduated from high school in 1999), I can somewhat understand why dudes in their 20 and teens have a gripe and want older people to STFU.
    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg
    ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    wf3kcijf8o0k.jpg
  • matt manematt mane Posts: 210 ✭✭

U rite fuck wrong wit niggas
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    Sion wrote: »
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Jay-Z
    NaS
    Eminem
    Kanye West
    LL Cool J
    Big Pun
    Big L
    Lil Wayne

Hmmmm when you think about it there's a valid argument to exclude him. Cuz Cube, Snoop, Rakim, BDK can all go up there...

Cube and bdk deserve to be in that top 10 over eminem, kanye, pun, l and wayne, and biggie.....kendrick better than all them too

Also forgot about common who also is better than half your list
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    He has 4 albums....2 classics and 2 really solid albums imo

Thats better than a lot of rappers who are considered in the top 10

LL Cool J has two classics and two really solid albums. The difference is that his career kept going to the point where people stopped checking for him.

Who is to say kendricks career doesnt continue?

Ll could be considered top 10....but kendricks bypased some big names like wayne, big, mos def, big pun, eminem, redman, ghostface....all of which are in ppls top 10s

man no he hast
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »

Stop it slime

I've seen you're opinions on here. You think Pac has had a versatile flow. LMAO

tumblr_mlkoyadFCT1so5xtno1_400.gif

tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    Built 4 cuban linxCSOPQonetoughmiracle
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Jay-Z
    NaS
    Eminem
    Kanye West
    LL Cool J
    Big Pun
    Big L
    Lil Wayne

scarface rakim cube redman ghostface raekwon kendrick is not bettern than any of them
    southsil4lilI Self Lord & MasterCSOPQ
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We love kendrick so much because he has no competition. There is a handful of rappers his generation that are respected mc's. He's great but to call him top 10 of all time dead or alive is madness. Not many rappers have released 4 great albums in a row though..
    Like Water
  • Lefty_Lefty_ The Ayatollah Of Baking Soda Pullin Up.....Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

4 studio albums - all of them Dope. A lot of the material he released before his first album was good.

Biggie release just 2 albums, and people swear up and down he's the GOAT ... LOL ... OK (in the Jay-Z "Story of OJ" voice).

As an 80s Baby (who grew up in the 90s- graduated from high school in 1999), I can somewhat understand why dudes in their 20 and teens have a gripe and want older people to STFU.

Big’s talent was undeniable. He could have only dropped mixtapes and I would still put him high.
  • Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Yes.

Big’s talent was undeniable. He could have only dropped mixtapes and I would still put him high.

I agree. Ready to Die and Life After Death were classics ... And if someone makes material on the same level (or better), I'm going to give them credit...

And why does someone have to die for people to recognize or fully give props to their greatness ??? Some people talked a lot of shit about 2Pac when he was alive. Fast forward today ... same people on Facebook saying he's the GOAT, posting Pac memes, videos of him making good points about politics and his music.
    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg
    ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    wf3kcijf8o0k.jpg
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    top 5 Ice Cube, Lil Wayne, Project Pat, Kendrick, Scarface
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    StoneColdMikeyJonnyRoccIT
  • Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick Is Top 10 DOA
    Nothing unique about him to be top 10.
    5 GrandI Self Lord & MasterLincoln
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Kendrick dont have an album better than Ready to Die

LAD isnt on RTD levels tho

....and i said that because the thread is asking if his body of work is large enough.

Biggie only got 2 albums

Kendrick basically got 6
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Krit above Kendrick
    Revolver OcelotLincoln
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick aint top 10 but it has nothing to do with how long he been rocking. Dude just aint that nice.
    Kwan DaiI Self Lord & MasterCSOPQ
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kendrick dont have an album better than Ready to Die

LAD isnt on RTD levels tho

....and i said that because the thread is asking if his body of work is large enough.

Biggie only got 2 albums

Kendrick basically got

And Biggie's 2 are still better than any of Kendrick's 6

Quality over Quantity

tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    Built 4 cuban linxCSOPQonetoughmiracle270crownst