Jay Z 4:44 has been nominated for album of the year(Grammy's)

Mr.LV
Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
Jay Z reigns supreme with 8 nominations at the 2018 Grammy's

giphy.gif

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a1c4fb8e4b026fe09b9ae74
As another year comes to a close, awards season comes barreling around the corner. Kicking it off with full bravado, the Recording Academy announced the nominees for the 60th annual Grammy Awards on Tuesday morning.

The 2018 Grammy Awards nominations aired live on “CBS This Morning” with singer/songwriter Andra Day revealing the names of the nominees in the four General Field categories (Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Album Of The Year). The other nominations in all 84 categories were announced via Grammy.com and social media platforms.

Jay-Z reigned supreme with eight nominations ― including album, song, and record of the year ― and Kendrick Lamar tailed just behind him with seven nods. The nominations this year are overwhelmingly rap- and R&B- laden, which as The AP notes, come just a year after Beyonce’s “Lemonade” was snubbed for Album of the Year by Adele’s “25.” Adele herself even noted that Beyonce should have won.

Album of the Year:

“Awaken, My Love!“ ― Childish Gambino

4:44 ― JAY-Z

DAMN. ― Kendrick Lamar

Melodrama ― Lorde

24K Magic ― Bruno Mars

Comments

• d1al_t0ne
    d1al_t0ne Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the actual hip hop categories lookin like?

PS threadstarter bias as ?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K dot taking it
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao this album was overrated as ? , but props
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    TheGOAT wrote: »

RAP FIELD 

Best Rap Performance:
    “Bounce Back” — Big Sean
    “Bodak Yellow” — Cardi B
    “4:44” — Jay-Z
    “HUMBLE.” — Kendrick Lamar
    “Bad And Boujee” — Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert

Best Rap/Sung Performance:
    “PRBLMS” — 6LACK
    “Crew” — Goldlink Featuring Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy
    “Family Feud” — Jay-Z Featuring Beyoncé
    “LOYALTY.” — Kendrick Lamar Featuring Rihanna
    “Love Galore” — SZA Featuring Travis Scott

Best Rap Song:

“Bodak Yellow” — Dieuson Octave, Klenord Raphael, Shaftizm, Jordan Thorpe, Washpoppin & J White, songwriters (Cardi B )

“Chase Me” — Judah Bauer, Brian Burton, Hector Delgado, Jaime Meline, Antwan Patton, Michael Render, Russell Simins & Jon Spencer,
    songwriters (Danger Mouse Featuring Run The Jewels & Big Boi)

“HUMBLE.” — Duckworth, Asheton Hogan & M. Williams II, songwriters (Kendrick Lamar)

“Sassy” — Gabouer & M. Evans, songwriters (Rapsody)

“The Story Of O.J.” — Shawn Carter & Dion Wilson, songwriters (Jay-Z)

Best Rap Album:
    4:44 — Jay-Z
    DAMN. — Kendrick Lamar
    Culture — Migos
    Laila’s Wisdom — Rapsody
    Flower Boy — Tyler, The Creator
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Kendrick losing to jigga man
  • TheGOAT
    I would say i want cardi b to win just to see her act all ignant on the grammy stage but im pretty sure rap awards will be given out before tv broadcast
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator

They will find a way to put eminem or post malone in it.

I like jay album, but lets be real. Grammy is a pop contest and I can damn sure tell you that the old white dudes that make this category didn't listen to more than 2 songs of hov album.

• TheGOAT
    Says grammys are voted on by musicians' peers.

Who is this mysterious Recording Academy you ask? The Recording Academy is a community of musicians that vote on the nominations and winners of Grammys. The Grammys prides itself on the fact that winners are voted on by their peers. Joining the Recording Academy isn’t too difficult. An artist can apply in their category of expertise: vocalist, producer, engineer, etc, by filling out an application form and paying $100 annual dues. So, if the artists don’t pay the money, their voices won’t be heard. While $100 isn’t a lot of money for Diddy, it may be too hefty a price tag for the struggling artists out there. He or she also has to have contributed to six retail tracks released via traditional distribution or 12 digitally released tracks.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Says grammys are voted on by musicians' peers.

Who is this mysterious Recording Academy you ask? The Recording Academy is a community of musicians that vote on the nominations and winners of Grammys. The Grammys prides itself on the fact that winners are voted on by their peers. Joining the Recording Academy isn’t too difficult. An artist can apply in their category of expertise: vocalist, producer, engineer, etc, by filling out an application form and paying $100 annual dues. So, if the artists don’t pay the money, their voices won’t be heard. While $100 isn’t a lot of money for Diddy, it may be too hefty a price tag for the struggling artists out there. He or she also has to have contributed to six retail tracks released via traditional distribution or 12 digitally released tracks.

I know an old CAC who has a Grammy vote...fam knows nothing bout contemporary music
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awaken My Love >>>>>>>>>>

• THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    "? the grammys!!!" - Q-Tip

• TheGOAT
    Word to Q-Tip....

Thats that salt

Tribe should got a nod for sure tho

Get Tyler & Migos the ? out
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was Rapsody nominated for best new artist?
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully that "awful, discriminating" comment about the jews doesn't come back to hurt jigga
  • natural born sinners
    Who the ? is melodrama...did lala's ex husband n mr.thanksgiving put out a collaboration project?
  • natural born sinners
    If I had to get $, I would put it on the random act no-one knows about to win album of the year, seems like that's how the grammys does hip hop
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I would say i want cardi b to win just to see her act all ignant on the grammy stage but im pretty sure rap awards will be given out before tv broadcast

Last few years all genre related nominations are given out before the broadcast
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the mainstream ? nominated of course, ignoring Joey Badass (nothing with Amerikkka in the title is gettin nominated lol) and ATCQ. At least Hov and Kdot albums are good though.
  • TheGOAT
    Hopefully that "awful, discriminating" comment about the jews doesn't come back to hurt jigga

Hes nominated so it didnt