What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jay Z 4:44 has been nominated for album of the year(Grammy's)

Replies

• silverfoxxsilverfoxx Sion Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF chase me is doing on the list?
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,208 Regulator
    BobOblah wrote: »
    I mean he’s not wrong...

Also I need that T shirt

What cats don't realize is Grammy nominations put extra money in musicians pockets. Their payday, among other things, for doing shows goes up when you have a nomination and even more for winning one. So when u hear a rapper/artist say "Fuck the Grammy's yadda yadda" they either already mega rich and don't need that extra lil bit or they low key(high key in this case) pissed off about not gettin one. Easy for us fans to blow it off, not the artist when the art is there and they get hosed.
    silverfoxxBender Rodriguez
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    y'all not about to even pretend like Gambino album was good. Even for a funk album

Album never left the rotation

Rebone got played multiple times over Thanksgiving break

Baby Boy... Terrified...

My son still randomly requests me to play Zombies

That's 4 songs my g
  • farris2k1farris2k1 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodak yellow is nominated??? Lol and i like the song but comon now
    silverfoxx
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Glover's album had mad replay value.. almost sounded like Marvin Gaye was reincarnated. Loved it

But for AOTY I see either the white girl or Bruno Mars snapping 'em
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

Roster Player #99CJnatural born sinnerssoul rattler
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH man Tip should focus his energies on producing new music. A solo from him or executive producing another act is badly needed...

He should know about Grammy politics by now..
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Lol what is cunting?

• HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the fuck is lorde
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
    fortyacres wrote: »
    thought we didnt care for the grammys ?

LOL not if your favourite artiste is nominated. Shieeeet imagine how Jay and Kendrick stans feel now?

Lol what is cunting?

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4:44 is a great album, but the correct winner is DAMN. Saying that DAMN and 4:44 will probably split votes and Lorde would end up winning with Melodrama.

The real tragedy is no A Tribe Called Quest nominations. The Grammys are shit.
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the fuck is lorde

Singer from New Zealand. Melodrama is a pretty good album.
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the fuck is lorde

She ruled the world for a minute.
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yeah Glover's album had mad replay value.. almost sounded like Marvin Gaye was reincarnated. Loved it

Gambino is that guy. But.....Marvin Gaye?!? Tf is goin on in here?

Anyway. Lorde>>Hov, Dot<<Bruno.

I say Bruno wins because they fucked up last year with the white girl.

Oh yea.....Tribe album was not that good.
    Stew
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

it’s better than 444 or Damn
    Stewrip.dilla
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    y'all not about to even pretend like Gambino album was good. Even for a funk album

Album never left the rotation

Rebone got played multiple times over Thanksgiving break

Baby Boy... Terrified...

My son still randomly requests me to play Zombies

That's 4 songs my g

Whole album goes other than California

I could write about every track but not gonna do that in here
  • Max.Max. Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qtip got someone farting in a tuba in them videos??

I'd say it's a couple notches below Jay shit. And not even close to Kendrick. Even tho I think Jay got the better album, not many people can relate to Jay anymore. But they recognize his greatness. Dot shit is most relatable. Easy to listen to and follow. And he's the people's champ right now. But Bruno got them slappers. Nigga been everywhere for the last two years.
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,208 Regulator

I'd say it's a couple notches below Jay shit. And not even close to Kendrick. Even tho I think Jay got the better album, not many people can relate to Jay anymore. But they recognize his greatness. Dot shit is most relatable. Easy to listen to and follow. And he's the people's champ right now. But Bruno got them slappers. Nigga been everywhere for the last two years.

Bolded is the only factual statement here and irrelevant as far as quality is concerned.
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why but I only listened to 4:44 like twice.
    CTtJgKpXIAAPxX5.jpg
    For 4:44 No ID was the MVP... he made that album greater

Surprisingly he has five noms. Congrats to a legend

Lol what is cunting?

• playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn 4:44 is Joe should have got some rec also.. its a crime that Tribe didnt get recognition
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the fuck is lorde

She had that Royal song a couple years back.
    tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    Stew wrote: »

Bolded is the only factual statement here and irrelevant as far as quality is concerned.

That's your opinion tho. You'd be a fool to deny that in order to become the people's champ he's had to have released quality music in that time. Very relevant because it's very relative.
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm out of touch, I thought that lorde Bitch was gone after royals

How ironic it was that she put Rick Ross of all people on the remix
    silverfoxx
  • #1hiphopjunki3#1hiphopjunki3 Sion Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambino should win album of the year and Jay-Z should win Hip Hop/Rap album o the year