According to Dr. Umar, the black church as a collective takes in $14 Million dollars every Sunday...

Options
Elzo69Renaissance
Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are your thoughts on this snapple fact and how do you think these funds can be better used if that s a possibility?

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i believe the number is lower than that

Although Multiple plates passed around multiple services....

Think about some of these mega churches in atl and ca

But not 14ms, maybe 4 mill a Sunday, however the funds could definitely be allocated in a better way....
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It could be true however I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the money is being collected by the very big shows I mean churches AND the rest of the churches are struggling
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He might be right
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    14? Million? That's IT??

With ALL the black churches in America (literally thousands, if not tens of thousands), I know they take in more than that.

And you'd think with all that ? money, a REAL difference would be mad in communities. I guess BMWs for the pulpit and Golden choir robes is of more importance.

so where do you think that guap can be better used
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    14? Million? That's IT??

With ALL the black churches in America (literally thousands, if not tens of thousands), I know they take in more than that.

And you'd think with all that ? money, a REAL difference would be mad in communities. I guess BMWs for the pulpit and Golden choir robes is of more importance.

so where do you think that guap can be better used
    1) More outreach to the people locally. Possibly using it to open for more hours after school for tutoring or after-care. (Some do, I'm, aware, but not nearly enough.)

2) Use that money to assist at least one family per week that is having a rough time by paying a bill that seemingly is holding them down.

3) Go read the complaints about all those ? megachurches during the Harvey relief efforts. That's your real answer....
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

But not 14ms, maybe 4 mill a Sunday, however the funds could definitely be allocated in a better way....

But do we know how the funds are being allocated to even claim they can be used better?

I go to a small church. My pastor preaches on Sunday, and works a manufacturing job M-F’s, so he’s not “balling” like many on the outside would believe. I also pay tithes knowing some of it is going to the pastor & his wife. That’s fine, as I feel he deserves that but I also see my tithes being used to help out my community.

It’s the mega churches that make up the majority of that supposed money, and what they do with it; well we know it ain’t all good. I can’t even front, as I see those pastors in mansions, jets, etc.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Reverend moe dollars
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

Ahh sh*t....

Here we go...

• pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems right, gotta give tithes to someone...

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »

But do we know how the funds are being allocated to even claim they can be used better?

I go to a small church. My pastor preaches on Sunday, and works a manufacturing job M-F’s, so he’s not “balling” like many on the outside would believe. I also pay tithes knowing some of it is going to the pastor & his wife. That’s fine, as I feel he deserves that but I also see my tithes being used to help out my community.

It’s the mega churches that make up the majority of that supposed money, and what they do with it; well we know it ain’t all good. I can’t even front, as I see those pastors in mansions, jets, etc.

Was gonna say the bolded....I haven't stepped foot in a church in about a decade so I wouldn't even know
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever happen to that school

Ow wait hez a fraud
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what? Millions of black people go to church every Sunday. That ain't as much as he's making it seem, and much of the money goes back into the community.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does he need to show his credentials first?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

I stopped checking for Umar when he got called out on this and responded by calling people haters. He spit wisdom though.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    we need to ask the pastors where the money.

big houses and benzs but people gotta beg and plea for help with rent and food.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or don't go to the church. If MFs know the church rippin em off, why ? go ?

Or if you ain't the one going to church, why give a ? ?
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Churches not sharing their loot and wealth with the community you say? Say it it ain't so lol.

That ? older than Marten Luther and I'm not talking about Luther jr lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Churches not sharing their loot and wealth with the community you say? Say it it ain't so lol.

how you people doing over by that volcano?
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how you people doing over by that volcano?

We're not far from there but sans a lot of rain and thunder we've been cool...some fam is staying out our place, some friends already saw that ? coming months ago and left to Jakarta or Singapore...others stayed on Bali with no ? given lol....
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't think the purpose of tithing is for community works. It would be nice but isn't the idea supposed to be giving the money up to heaven or something along those lines? The poor gets alms but the church doesn't solicit that. The church doesn't have to pay taxes and has no accountability for funds legally or morally. Checkmate to the church.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i wonder if it would be as many pastors and churches as it is if they were mandated to help people and keep count of where the money goes.