According to Dr. Umar, the black church as a collective takes in $14 Million dollars every Sunday...

Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I don't think the purpose of tithing is for community works. It would be nice but isn't the idea supposed to be giving the money up to heaven or something along those lines? The poor gets alms but the church doesn't solicit that. The church doesn't have to pay taxes and has no accountability for funds legally or morally. Checkmate to the church.

I thought it was basically for the upkeep of the church. You tithing to keep the doors open.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I don't think the purpose of tithing is for community works. It would be nice but isn't the idea supposed to be giving the money up to heaven or something along those lines? The poor gets alms but the church doesn't solicit that. The church doesn't have to pay taxes and has no accountability for funds legally or morally. Checkmate to the church.

I thought it was basically for the upkeep of the church. You tithing to keep the doors open.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

but they gonna open as long as its profit to be made.
    if aint no money in it...they get the joel osten treatment.....doors closed during emergency hurricane cuase aint no money in helping ? .
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Preacher man come around talkin, I don't wanna hear keep walkin!!"
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not about crooked preachers and etc....it's about a substantial amount of wealth directly leaving our community...without at least an exchange of goods....
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    It's not about crooked preachers and etc....it's about a substantial amount of wealth directly leaving our community...without at least an exchange of goods....

Thats not true. The exchange is tithes for the preacher delivering the word from the good book and the choir putting on a show.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

How you know this isn't happening?
  • D. Morgan
    edited November 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    if they getting all that money every members bill shoukd be paid and no one should be homeless

? the pastor can't ride around in a $80k car if the church paying members bills.

Thy Lord and Savior White Jesus Christ will take care of my bills while my tithes every week will take care of the pastor so he can live a life of luxury for saving members souls.

That's how this works!!!!!
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? need to stop asking questions. Talkin bout why the preacher has to have him a big house, or why the preacher has to have him a nice car, don't ask no questions just give the money
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All goes to Building Fund
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

every member huh?

no one should be homeless huh?

you dont know me like that fam...this a hill i will die on...you ready for this convo or nah?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    It could be true however I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the money is being collected by the very big shows I mean churches AND the rest of the churches are struggling

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

u know what goods are?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    i believe the number is lower than that

Although Multiple plates passed around multiple services....

Think about some of these mega churches in atl and ca

But not 14ms, maybe 4 mill a Sunday, however the funds could definitely be allocated in a better way....

But do we know how the funds are being allocated to even claim they can be used better?

I go to a small church. My pastor preaches on Sunday, and works a manufacturing job M-F’s, so he’s not “balling” like many on the outside would believe. I also pay tithes knowing some of it is going to the pastor & his wife. That’s fine, as I feel he deserves that but I also see my tithes being used to help out my community.

It’s the mega churches that make up the majority of that supposed money, and what they do with it; well we know it ain’t all good. I can’t even front, as I see those pastors in mansions, jets, etc.

Ive known two preachers like that and they live what the preach, so they've always gotten my respect. I dont recognize or think well of their religion, but they some standup dudes with it.

Trips me out how they just average and others be balling with it. I never cared to look into it, but i guess its all about how much you hustle it. Like other lanes of life.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited November 2017
    Options

u know what goods are?

People don't eat or get clothes from a church? They coulda used tithe money to procure such items.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

u know what goods are?

People don't eat or get clothes from a church? They coulda used tithe money to procure such items.

Nvm I ? up. I'm tired lol
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    there are crooked lawyers in this world whose sole job is to ? people over

they make thousands and thousands of dollars from doing this

why is there no outrage for them?

my point is, there are shady folks in all occupations. I hold you responsible and accountable for your own relationship with your higher power.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

I stopped checking for Umar when he got called out on this and responded by calling people haters. He spit wisdom though.

He one of them broke clock ass ? . Say some ill ? twice a day buried beneath the multitude of ? .
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More. I know people that give half they check to the church (old established heads)
  • Germz101
    Germz101 Members Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ? just believing what this ? says all ? Nilly

Any body that talks fast is a crook, same way as genuinely intelligent people write poorly because their minds are so active.

They speak clearly, calmly, and measure...as they can’t help but think very much about how to precisely get their point across to an audience so it’s not wasted time.

? that speak quickly. think too fluidly to give a ? about if the audience gets what they are saying. So In actuality, their speaking just to speak. Which is a waste of brain function and purpose.

Something genuinely smart people hate to do that. Listen to Malcom X, Obama, MLK, Neil D. Tyson, ? Gregory, Paul Mooney, speak.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    More. I know people that give half they check to the church (old established heads)

They're trying buy themselves into Heaven

While the preacher has his "heaven" on earth
  • D. Morgan
    edited December 2017
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    there are crooked lawyers in this world whose sole job is to ? people over

they make thousands and thousands of dollars from doing this

why is there no outrage for them?

my point is, there are shady folks in all occupations. I hold you responsible and accountable for your own relationship with your higher power.

Come on ? this some ? .

Lawyers been known forever to be ? up people. That is the biggest complaint about them.

I think the issues with the church and preachers seems worst because what they are supposed to be representing.

? is supposed to be right and pure. Then you have crooked preachers preying on people based on their faith to that religion and ? and it just seems worse than any other profession so they get the most scrutiny.