What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Q-Tip "Fuck da Grammys"

sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #SawseSan DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
Q-Tip is pissed A Tribe Called Quest got snubbed of a Grammy nomination for their final album. How yall feel about this? After the 4min mark

Replies

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Americans care too much about the Grammys.
    aladdin1978FigoTheBoyRo
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,208 Regulator
    Americans care too much about the Grammys.

Fans*

Artist care because it makes them more money.
    Bender Rodriguezonetoughmiracle
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    He's right. Goes to show you how out of touch they are and shits just a popularity contest.

Man, show ya right. I haven't watched that shit in damn near 30 years. I bet that bullshit Cardi B song gets nominated
    sapp08_2001Nechesh358rip.dillaLcnsdbyROYALTY
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the Grammys since the mid 90s. I'm surprised people still prop up that hype show.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    illedoutTHE_R_
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Retired Undefeated Boxing Champ Soaking in a warm Epsom salt bathPosts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch the Grammy's at all.
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent watched the grammy....maybe ever

But the album was meh anyway...no need to get upset
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    king hassan
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get behind this type of behavior man. Not for this reason. For a number of reasons. One being that if they were at least nominated he wouldn't be shouting fuck the award show. I ain't mad at homes for caring. Because he got that right. Plus if he thinks he album is greet and THE FANS think the album is great, what you really mad about? I'm not sure if Low End or Marauders was ever nominated, but if they weren't then this should be no surprise

Two. Like I said in another thread...the album just ain't that good. Cool album for nostalgia sake.

U trippin. That shit aint better than 4:44 or Damn? Culture?
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every album that was nominated was better than ATCQ except Culture. Who does he suggests should be dropped to add them. I even think Rick Ross album was better
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    To each his own. I thought the final album was pretty dope. Proper way to end the group after Phife's death. Definitely one of the best releases in 16. Curious what tracks yall didnt like?
    Nechesh358The Hue
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 33,542 Regulator
    I mean he wouldn’t say this if they was nominated let’s keep it real
    #Mikeyismod2017
    Mr 202TheGOAT
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

They been in the game going on 30 years, and never a nod tho
    sapp08_2001So ILLKid Dynasty
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

They been in the game going on 30 years, and never a nod tho

they only had two Grammy worthy albums, and even this one I believe made the consideration process..
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    BET Hip Hop Awards is the only Awards that should matter to ATCQ legacy... Q-Tip is Trippin...#FakeRage
  • Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Kiss my shiny metal ass!! New new YorkPosts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they tell joe budden to keep that same energy ....Would he keep this same energy IF they were nominated??
    sticker,375x360.u1.png
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matike85 wrote: »
    BET Hip Hop Awards is the only Awards that should matter to ATCQ legacy... Q-Tip is Trippin...#FakeRage

That shyt is just as trash as the Grammys

Exactly
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,261 Regulator
    Broddie wrote: »
    I haven't watched the Grammys since the mid 90s. I'm surprised people still prop up that hype show.

Because as much as people pretend not to care those awards mean alot
    natural born sinners
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at this point in your career, why worry about it?

What he needs to do his stop bullshittin and drop that Last Zulu album and nevermind worrying about the grammys