Q-Tip "? da Grammys"

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    I understand him but at the same time a majority of the time it's these same rappers saying ? the Grammys they don't define our music/good music but get mad when they ? ain't nominated
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And artist wants recognition for the work they put in when ? are thoughtlessly throwing paint at the wall while you are creating a masterpiece I can see how that can irk you
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get behind this type of behavior man. Not for this reason. For a number of reasons. One being that if they were at least nominated he wouldn't be shouting ? the award show. I ain't mad at homes for caring. Because he got that right. Plus if he thinks he album is greet and THE FANS think the album is great, what you really mad about? I'm not sure if Low End or Marauders was ever nominated, but if they weren't then this should be no surprise

Two. Like I said in another thread...the album just ain't that good. Cool album for nostalgia sake.

yeah straight sucka ? is all I heard during this childish rant....u mad because your bow out album didn't get a grand stage exit?? ? out here with this emotional ? and I like Qtip.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    He can't be emotional out a career, album group arftform he dedicated himself to,?? I didn't watch by the way what is one "allowed" to be emotional about if being passionate bout one life work doesn't warrant it
  • miami cane
    miami cane Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Q Tip in his feelings

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny how people dissed ye for wilin at the grammys looooong ago, but support every other artist who says something about the grammys
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ? with tribe heavy. Low End and Midnight Marauders are 2 of my favorite albums of all time. But tip is throwing a toddler temper tantrum. He thought shucking and jiving for the grammys last year by performing would get him a nomination this year. Appeasing the grammys and expecting a free nomination by doing so is the wrong mindset. And getting mad on camera throwing a hissy fit only gives more power to the award and people that run the process.

This album emotionally means a lot to me because of the passing of phife. But the content while dope and nostalgic is not even close to prime tribe. Matter fact my favorite song from the last album is Mobius which doesn't even have any tribe members on it lol. Busta and cons killed that ? .
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get why he feels the way he does but there's some weird choices overall for the Rap section of the grammy's. They really don't tend to get it right unless the album ends up being commercially successful and great at the same. The other sections of music are the same.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to trip on all of that ? until I realized that award shows were driven by sales and ? . Ain't watched an award show since, unless it was to see someone that I mess with get a lifetime achievement award and see the tribute to their career. Other than that, ? a Grammy, Emmy, Academy Award, etc.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I hardly listen to that album after the first few spins. Don't really like it to be honest.

Is there a reason the album should be nominated (I cant watch the vid right now)
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was bumpin the album on a daily basis when it dropped

I'm an 80s baby
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »

I'm an 80s baby

You're not.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's right. Goes to show you how out of touch they are and ? just a popularity contest.

All awards shows are a popularity contest. Why you think Eminem badically won every grammy he was nominated for
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    I haven't watched the Grammys since the mid 90s. I'm surprised people still prop up that hype show.

Because as much as people pretend not to care those awards mean alot

Someone already mentioned how financially beneficial it can be for an artist to win a Grammy. Money aside, the grammys is the music industry Mt. Olympus to artist. EVERYBODY wants a Grammy, it's that final stamp of approval. Artist of a certain caliber don't give a ? about the BET or MTV awards.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet Tribe gets a lifetime achievement award next year
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    blackrain wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    I haven't watched the Grammys since the mid 90s. I'm surprised people still prop up that hype show.

Because as much as people pretend not to care those awards mean alot

Someone already mentioned how financially beneficial it can be for an artist to win a Grammy. Money aside, the grammys is the music industry Mt. Olympus to artist. EVERYBODY wants a Grammy, it's that final stamp of approval. Artist of a certain caliber don't give a ? about the BET or MTV awards.

The thing is there are also countless artists that don't care about it or the spectacle it brings at all. People who have actually won but have never shown up to claim it, or they accept it off the broadcast or donate it to charity.

Not every artist really gives a ? about showbiz approval and some extra coins they care more about sharing their art with the world. Generally that's not hip hop artists though. They ? for approval and validation from others.

Then there is the other side the people who sweep the grammys one year and then fade into obscurity. So nah winning a grammy isn't always really a qualifier of further longevity and greater dollars.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? the Grammys. ATCQ forever
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would of been nice to see it nominated especially if they won an award in tribute to Phiffe. It’s not the end of the world tho. True hip hop knows what’s ill without the Grammys.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DISLIKE AWARD SHOWS IN GENERAL...
    EVEN IF THEY DID THE RIGHT THING...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How Rapsody get nominated if its a popularity contest tho?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    TheGOAT wrote: »

And Tyler the creator
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »

I'm an 80s baby

This. I played it a few months straight before I finally had to give it a rest.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited December 2017

Roc Nation & UMG.........................
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

cuz the album is fire and she is signed to ROc Nation
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    lol, beat you by just a few seconds, fam.