2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly....do we really gotta stand up?

this is our everyday...

Black thought is the GOAT
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daum, even Flex shut the fck up (for the most part) and looked on in awe haha

'We like Henrietta Lacks up in the cells' WOW, the amount of knowledge Black Thought drops is madness...

Add Mysonne to that list of rappers that killed it on Flex's show...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is like if talib kweli wasnt trash
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is a damn machine.

Your whole Hip Hop outlook is supposed to change after hearing that.. I have seen thought snap before but just when you think it can't get better. ? !!!
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find a wack freestyle that Black spit ...... go ahead waste your life looking for one ....... I dare you!

Black Thought has officially closed out the year and this will probably be the last freestyle flex have for 2017 ......... cause who the ? wants to go after that ........

He just called out the whole entire hip hop

All the ? riders that was praising that white boys freestyle are probably on suicide watch
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simply one of the best to ever do it.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best rapper ever
    The best rapper ever

A ? flaged an called me a troll kus i said he's the best rapper must a typo
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Breath control though. Sheesh!

All the great MCs work on their craft. Never hear a wack verse from Black Thought, Ghostface, or Scarface
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Seriously. I have been listening to Hip Hop for 30 years. This has to be the best freestyle I have ever heard. EVER!!!!!

I am talking about from Stretch and Bobbito, to Tony Touch, the wake up show, five fingers of death. Whatever.

Breath Control - Check

Substance - Check

Energy - Check

Cadence -Check

Flow - Check

MCing to perfection.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Dec. 28th they coming to the DC area and it will be my first time ever seeing The Roots live.

I can't wait!!!! This a gift to myself and I don't even celebrate Christmas like that for real.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't make no Damn sense Smh whew
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the coldest flows eva... stay getting slept on
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh. 17 years ago I went to a roots show at the house of blues in Chicago. Black thought started off by rhyming like a psychotic schizophrenic for about 15 minutes straight. None of this ? was off any roots album. Just drums and rhyming and I am sure the ? was really off the top of his head. That ? is and will always be top 5 IMO.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Seriously. I have been listening to Hip Hop for 30 years. This has to be the best freestyle I have ever heard. EVER!!!!!

I am talking about from Stretch and Bobbito, to Tony Touch, the wake up show, five fingers of death. Whatever.

Breath Control - Check

Substance - Check

Energy - Check

Cadence -Check

Flow - Check

MCing to perfection.

Thats what I said when I saw Papoose's Funk Flex freestyle but Black Thought's freestyle is just as good if not better.

I've seen scores of MCs get behind the mic and drop a hot 16, or even 24 bar freestyle. Every once in a while somebody goes for a little longer, like Cam's Rap City freestyle over the Dreams beat. But I've never seen or heard anybody go for 10 minutes straight without a hype man backing him up or taking a pause in between verses.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legendary, the best freestyle I have ever heard in my life. A master at his craft. Wow
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like sharia law on my cherie amour...

C'mon, man. How can you let the fuckery go on after you hear ? like this? This ? don't make no damn sense.

Black Thought has NEVER put out a wack verse. He is the definition of consistent. If he ain't at least top 10, I don't know who is.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »
    BT is just raw.

I've seen him live a couple of times and bro is a showman. Breath control, enunciation AND content to spark brain cells are his usual.

He killed this
    That's what takes a emcee over the top, the live show. Common gives a dope one too, just saw him this past weekend.

• D. Morgan
    Options
    Moore7s wrote: »
    BT is just raw.

I've seen him live a couple of times and bro is a showman. Breath control, enunciation AND content to spark brain cells are his usual.

He killed this
    That's what takes a emcee over the top, the live show. Common gives a dope one too, just saw him this past weekend.

Not disagreeing with you at all.

Back in the day when Common had the hit "The Light" he opened up for Erykah Badu in DC and got booed. I thought that ? was crazy as hell.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather listen to

Jay Z
    Lauryn Hill
    Common
    Biggie
    Nas
    Jadakiss
    Twista
    J. Cole