How often yall get sick?

Options
farris2k1
farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im talkin colds/allergies/other random ? ..i literally used to get colds every other month but this year, i havent been sick since early this year..i did start dieting and eating better but i dunno if that caused my immune system to get stronger? i work in public so i stay around ppl all day and every other person seems to be coughing or hacking some ? into the air plus some in these areas i work in be ? as ? but i havent caught ? in forever, wat about yall??

Comments

• SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't been sick since January of this year. I just wash my hands a lot and dress warmly.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only been sick twice in the last 3 years and most recently it was a month ago
  • farris2k1
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    I haven't been sick since January of this year. I just wash my hands a lot and dress warmly.
    The idea that being out in the cold/rain unprotected will cause a cold is not true, i used to believe it until i decided to look it up lol and i def kno its not true cause ive been in and outta the rain and cold all day at my job and not got ? from it

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    I dont....

? makes me nervous like ima just drop dead one day

This ^^^^^ I ain't been sick since about 14 years old haha
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i rarely get sick..
    if i called my mom and tried real hard on my end i probably cant count the times iv been sick my whole life and still have some fingers left..

whole house will get sick one by one growin up and ill get a runny nose for a day and sore throat when i get sleepy..

? was crazy...

but when i do get sick im the biggest ? . hahaha

• farris2k1
    Options
    Ill add this too the times the i do manage to sick its ? horrible, everytime i get a cold i get congested as hell and my throat gets sore as ? to the point where i think i have strep, last year i got a cold and ended up wit laryngitis and lost my voice for two days
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? out here jinxing everybody.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont....

this... got a good 5 year sick free streak going on....
  • farris2k1
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    I dont....

5 years???and nothing???
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I rarely got sick....until last year.
    Caught the flu....it was the worst ever....then that turned into a sinus infection that lasted from September to December :neutral:

Then caught the flu again this year..last Tuesday Wasn’t as bad as last year. I’m literally just getting over it.

Before last year it was at least 5 years of not gettin so much as a cold
  • farris2k1
    Options
    I rarely got sick....until last year.
    Caught the flu....it was the worst ever....then that turned into a sinus infection that lasted from September to December :neutral:

Then caught the flu again this year..last Tuesday Wasn’t as bad as last year. I’m literally just getting over it.

Before last year it was at least 5 years of not gettin so much as a cold
    Yea i feel you, i got the flu once, ? is easily the worst ive ever felt in my life

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I dont....

5 years???and nothing???

last time i was sick i was sneezing all over a new coworker i was training back in 2012. couldnt tell you why cuz i aint the healthy type. daily weed smoker though.. rarely get sick and never get headaches **shrug**
  • farris2k1
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I dont....

5 years???and nothing???

last time i was sick i was sneezing all over a new coworker i was training back in 2012. couldnt tell you why cuz i aint the healthy type. daily weed smoker though.. rarely get sick and never get headaches **shrug**

Right, only time i get headaches anymore is if i hungover, which it in itself takes alot anymore
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Twice in the last 7 years.

The tip to being healthy is washing your hands regularly.

I use latex gloves to pump my gas also

And I never eat anywhere without washing my hands
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never had the flu
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't wearing no damn gloves to pump gas lol

But I don't shake hands like that (fist bump) and I got kids in daycare....I'm immune to everything because i already got it lol
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I probably been sick like maybe 2-3 times in the last 10 Years. I wash my hands plenty of time and avoid touching my face unless I wash my hands
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think I got sick from going to the gym. Grabbing barbells, dumb bells, weight plates, machines....sweating (open pores)....The gym is a recipe for disaster this time of year but is what it is. If you go to the gym be careful bout that ? . Bring your own towel(s) and don’t depend on “clean” (re-washed) towels your gym might provide. Bring your own.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Like one good time a year usually I'll get a bad cold. Got the flu once in the last few years.

Hasn't happened yet this year *knock on wood*.....but then again ain't nobody really sick around here yet. It's not rainy or any crazy weather here either it's just cold.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep your hands out of your eyes and noes and for the most part you can avoid colds. Frequently wash your hands every chance you get.
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I catch em and i can feel it trying to infiltrate my system but usually they dont and if they do they dont last that long.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last month... i had a cold.. and yeah that ? is the woat i rather get punched by mike tyson than have a cold