SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is this weekends Champ week 35 (IBEX edition)

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Reason
Wusup family! Hope y'all all good. I don't know what the weather is were all you other cats live but it's a beautiful Saturday morning where I'm at. It's time for it y'all, time for that Saturday song battle where we put a different song vs the champ of the week.

Right now Wu tang Clan is currently on top of that championship mountain after a dominant almost hostile take over last week. They didn't just win the title from Big, I mean they snatch that crown off the former champ about as thoroughly as you can do. The vote difference was almost abusive and surprising to me to say the least. Well it's @Ibex week to take the keys so he has the authority to up the thread and not sway voters but tag them. Swaying is somewhat allowed but only in making post as your reasoning behind why you voted for who you voted for. You actually wanna post your vote and sway me somewhat because regardless of who I vote for, if you write the best vote in the thread and it's a tie Sunday afternoon that one thorough respectable game recognize game vote is gonna be the tie breaker. So let's get it on shall we?!!

In this corner we have the one week champ going for two, let's give it up for Wu with Cash. Rules.Everything.Around. Me!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

And in this Corner....we have one of the best MC's to ever do it and I'm kinda surprised he don't have a championship run by now please welcome Nas who brought a legendary friend with him in the R&B world....ladies and gents, give it up for Street Dreams the remix featuring R Kelly!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCeb2mRRlpY#

Vote or get muthafuckin killed ? !!!

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is this weekends Champ week 35 (IBEX edition) 17 votes

C.R.E.A.M
70%
lion_heart*~queenbee~*dalyricalbandit[Deleted User]dwade2065th Letterachewon87Stewits....JOHN Batribecalledgabi5 GrandNechesh358 12 votes
Street dreams (remix)
29%
IbexBuilt 4 cuban linxDR. JEKbck145Qiv_Owan 5 votes

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    C.R.E.A.M
    This one was easy for me.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C.R.E.A.M
    Street Dreams Remix was tight, but I don't remember it on the radio like C.R.E.A.M.

I remember C.R.E.A.M. being on top 40 radio getting played every hour.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall can keep both
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street dreams (remix)
    Meant to vote for cream
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    C.R.E.A.M
    I like Street Dreams remix but Cream is the better beat imo.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Street dreams (remix)
    I vote street dreams Remix

The original Street Dreams and black girl lost were the only tracks on "it was written" I use to skip on a regular basis. The remix to street dreams from the slight beat change to the way Kellz was able to fix the hook made the ? so much better in my opinion. Cream mighta been better as far as overall hip hop impact but I just like the street Dreams better. Cream can wipe the floor with the original album version. That's how much better the remix is tho to me than the original so I was glad @Ibex said the remix in particular for this battle.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C.R.E.A.M
    Nas’ number 1 hater picked a Nas song???? Wow, bunch of closet fans on the ic
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C.R.E.A.M
    This one should be easy! No shade, but I'm happy 'One More Chance' is gone.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Street dreams (remix)
    OK we gonna have to go ahead and book this one. Shout out to Wu for win number 2. This means Nas is now 0-4 with this song joining Rewind, Nas iz like, and Represent in the loss column (all of which I voted for). Thank you to all who voted. Next week will probably be the last week we gonna do before I pick this back up in January cuz a ? ain't tryna be setting up post, im tryna enjoy my New Year's. Be on the look out for the champs battle royal maybe sometime this week during the week day so it don't ? up my regular flow. Other than that I'll see y'all week 36 where one of you will get what y'all want. Peace!