U Ever Met Someone In A Dream?....

Options

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You every dream you're throwing punches as hard as you can but they keep landing soft as ? ?

I've had that dream numerous times. I think it has something to do with where you are in life. For me those dreams turned into a power struggle to where im actually able to put up a decent fight. I hope they turn into me actually knocking whoever the ? out.
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use to have the flying dream, id be 200 feet in the air and suddenly lose the ability and come crashing to earth but would always wake up before I hit the ground, haven't had that dream in years though.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    You every dream you're throwing punches as hard as you can but they keep landing soft as ? ?

I've had that dream numerous times. I think it has something to do with where you are in life. For me those dreams turned into a power struggle to where im actually able to put up a decent fight. I hope they turn into me actually knocking whoever the ? out.

Used to have these dreams all the time until I got back into shape. Once I felt physically strong again the dreams were the punches did nothing stopped and the frequency slowed down. Now it's one or two hit quits.

I read in a book about PTSD that people who have dreams like this used to fight alot. When you have a dream where your punches don't do anything it's a signal from wherever dreams come from that you need to get yourself back into a state where you can defend yourself again. Once you do so and start having dreams where you drop folks it's a signal to yourself that you are physically prepared to do so in real life.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I took an edible when I was in Jerusalem in 2011. I usually didn't used to dream when I got high but in this case I had a dream that I was watching a religious discussion in a conference room. People we're talking about Jesus (peace be upon him) and his different facets, attributes and his general nature.

All of a sudden this short, bald headed Israeli dude wearing a tracksuit jacket and jeans stands up. In a heavy Israeli accent he says:

"What are you all talking about? Jesus? I'm standing right here and none of you know who I am!"

Then he dipped. I woke up shook
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    dee.i.? wrote: »
    I use to have the flying dream, id be 200 feet in the air and suddenly lose the ability and come crashing to earth but would always wake up before I hit the ground, haven't had that dream in years though.

They say u wake up cause the human brain doesn't know what happens to us once we die
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I used to have dreams where I was falling and as soon as I was about to hit the ground I wake up.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And then u wake up like " who tf was that?"

Like a good friend or a s/o other

And you've never actually seen this person in real life but in the dream it made sense?

I've had several dreams with someone I didn't really recognize but in the dream we were really close.

I've read that everyone in your dream is someone you've seen in real life though. At least one time in passing. Apparently your brain is unable to make new faces in your dreams so it uses a reference for faces from memory. Dunno if it's true, but I've had dreams with people in them I swear I've never seen, but I may have.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you sleep on your back? Mine stopped when I slept on my stomach or sides

Don't sleep on your stomach if you do the demon will sit on your back. Its happened to me a few times.

Smh this ? be getting demon ?

Fuckmyou ? that's just another way of saying sleep paralysis . in olden times people thought of it as a demon or as my dad used to say a ghost ridin'you in your sleep. I saw a YouTube video that describe it as a short orange or reddish demon ant I think I saw it sitting on me but I was half sleep and it looks fuzzy. I saw an orange blur siding on me.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ever think about a random person and then u later bump into them?

Yep. I've also thought to myself "I wonder how so & so has been doing lately?" and then right after or minutes later that very same person hits me up. It has happened to me more times than I could count.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, exploding head syndrome, the "something" ? ...I get all that ? .

never seen the shadow man tho.

Had one a few nights ago, I'm sleeping...its around midnight. I hear, 911 operator, whats your emergency? At this point, I know I'm sleep, but I cant wake up and since I cant wake up, this is a part of a dream right. So, I see myself at a basketball court and I'm bending over talking into my fitbit (but in the dream I think its a smart watch) I'm trying to tell 911 that my heart rate got to high and it automatically called 911 for help...

But....

The other half of my brain really knows what going on...My 1 year old, woke up, started playing with my phone and called 911! So, I'm trying to wake up and grab the phone from her, but I cant ? move. I'm trying to call her name, so she will come to me and I cant talk. I try to open my eyes and find her, but I cant even get my eyes to open. ? was crazy....

Finally, I'm able to get my body moving again and I wake up, grab the phone and reject the 911 call back ? .
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    And sleep paralysis ain't ? ! ? , I remember I had it once when I was like 17 and I started freaking out and ? . That was the longest little moment of my life lol smh.

? try having that ? everyday for the past 10 years.

I can't get rid of it.

I used to get sleep paralysis a few years back. It lasted for about a year. The first time it happened the ? had me shook. I looked it up and learned it was a somewhat normal thing that lots of people go through.

Once I learned that ? , I took control of the situation. Everytime it happened after that I would tell myself like man its happening again and instead of trying to force myself up, id just tell myself to relax and go back to sleep.

It still happens in occasion but not everyday like it did for a while.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had dreams like that before. I've also had dreams inside of dreams. That one of the weirdest ? to wake up from a dream only to realize you're still dreaming.

Word them inception dreams be bugged
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ever have dreams that feel so real you can't believe they were dreams. I don't mean the typical, you wake up and like "Wow, that seemed so realistic" type dream. Everyone has those. I mean dreams that time passes and the ? comes back up and you have to remind yourself it was just a dream.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right.

Was on bed with wifey and our son, was tired as ? so I fell asleep. Except I didnt realize I fell asleep cause as real as can be, Im walking out the bedroom to the smoking spot in front of the house, cigarette in my hand and I was about to light ? up when all of a sudden my surroundings became silent, like all the sound got sucked outta the atmosphere with tremendous force, yet all my senses seemed to be in complete focus and peak level....than I heard a lil girl laughing behind me and she got close, I wanted to turn around to see but she pulled me on my arm with strenght I cant find tbe words to describe and it weakened me instantly, lethal ? and during that moment I woke up screaming leaving my wife and son startled.

I immidiatly looked out our window looking for the girl, the weather, lights etc was exactly like it was in the dream...wife said I was only out for a few min and that the lil girl wanted to play after I explained what happened...
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ever have dreams that feel so real you can't believe they were dreams. I don't mean the typical, you wake up and like "Wow, that seemed so realistic" type dream. Everyone has those. I mean dreams that time passes and the ? comes back up and you have to remind yourself it was just a dream.

Yea, not that often tho. Every once in a while I have a memory and have to sort out if it was a dream, or if it was real life.

3 times off the top of my head that I can remember where I thought dreams were real life.

I. I was in the 2, or 3 grade and was walking around school and out of no where all these cool ass pencils were on the ground. We all rush the area and grabbed as many pencils as we could. I was happy af. I woke up the nx morning looking for those pencils in my room and realized it was a dream when I couldn't find them.

2. Pretty much the same story as the 1st one, but I was in middle school, or 9th grade. Was walking w/ two of my homies to the mall from my house. As we came across the rr tracks I seen one of those envelopes the bank gives you when you w/d money and in the inside was a bunch of money! Woke up the nx day looking for it and couldn't find ? .

Now, what made this real crazy is, like 2 weeks later, walking the same path to the mall, the same two homies that was in my dream and one of their little brothers found the same exact ? in real life. homie got a PS2, controller, game, some other ? and they ate good at the food court. I missed out on that ? .

3. Back in 01, when Blackplanet was still poppin. I was in texas at the time and met this cool as chick on there. We went to BP, to yahoo and exchanging numbers. We talked about sex n ? and hung out a few times, but never ? cuz she had a BF back home. Had a dream that we ? the ? out of each other. ? felt so real, but I wasn't sure. Had to ask, she was like no man, u know I got a bf!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    And then u wake up like " who tf was that?"

Like a good friend or a s/o other

And you've never actually seen this person in real life but in the dream it made sense?

I've had several dreams with someone I didn't really recognize but in the dream we were really close.

I've read that everyone in your dream is someone you've seen in real life though. At least one time in passing. Apparently your brain is unable to make new faces in your dreams so it uses a reference for faces from memory. Dunno if it's true, but I've had dreams with people in them I swear I've never seen, but I may have.

Crazy thing is, you've might have seen this person as an infant and your brain stored that memory.

Because the people I've seen recently were not in passing. Im sure of it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a dream about my grandmother & grandfather. They were sitting in a chair in a room together like they were waiting on something. I can't remember what else happened but either me or them said "Aight, I'll see you later".

A couple of years ago. I had another dream about my grandmother. It felt real because I used to go over my grandmother house, just to spend time & watch TV with her. In the dream, it was the same thing. I thought it was real until I woke up. That was a bitter sweet moment