Diddy and Kaepernick want to buy the Panthers

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread is all kinda fukked up...

so ? really got on me about how i felt about lavar ? ball...a unproven ? taking on billion dollar companys with no plan.

but yall gonna say puffy cant get the panthers cause he aint got enough money?

yall dont see how stupid that ? sounds?

since when does purchases only have to be cash at signing?
    Paid in full 30 days after mailed date?

? take out loans to get teams.

rich ? finance these types of investments.

why use your money when you can use someone elses money is a rich ? motto..

what yall thought you only get loans to buy a car or house?

yall think these large investment properties are not financed?

as long as he has proof he can pay back the loan he can buy the team without using most of his own money.

i need to stay outta threads like this
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Here goes the video

Here goes the man talking about Diddy
    henry-wofford.jpg?w=1200

http://kron4.com/2017/12/18/kron4-reporter-offers-public-apology/

Here goes his apology

I want to offer a sincere apology to anyone I may have offended during our morning newscast today. During a conversation with Darya Folsom, I made a comment about whether Sean Diddy Combs was seriously considering buying the Carolina Panthers. In my comments, I questioned whether Mr. Combs was sober during a recently posted video.

Although it was said in an attempt to be funny, I realize insinuating a person may be ? or on drugs is nothing to joke about. For that I sincerely apologize to Mr. Combs, his fans and everyone who was offended. Dozens of Diddy’s twitter followers have accused me of playing on racial stereotypes. That was not my goal. But I understand my comments had that impact and for that I sincerely apologize.

Sean Combs has a long history of success in the music industry and he has done a wonderful job investing millions of dollars in multiple businesses. He has a great reputation for making large donations to help the community. He’s a man who has worked from the bottom to the top and for that I respect his accomplishments. My comment was never intended to downplay what Diddy Combs has accomplished as an entrepreneur nor was it intended to question what he’s capable of accomplishing in the future. Sean Diddy Combs has the work ethic, wisdom, dedication and contacts to be a successful NFL owner.

Darya Folsom has taken a lot of heat for her reaction to my comments this morning. The negative feedback she’s receiving is unfortunate because Darya is a very professional journalist and I would never want to see anyone blamed for something I said. Also, Gary Radnich has been wrongly accused, as the sports anchor who made the comment, about Diddy Combs. Please know Gary Radnich has no connection with what took place on the morning show today.

Once again, I’d like to apologize to anybody who was offended by my comments. I promise I will learn from this mistake.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PureYang wrote: »
    A friend of mine who is very well off and well acquainted w/ diddy hit him up to see if he could get in on it.

He said it's a publicity stunt. You don't gather potential investment partners thru ? Twitter.

Things could always change but that's what it is as of now

you can get potential partners thru twitter.

wtf

If you take what I'm saying at face value, yes. But what I'm saying is that he probably would've done it the same way my friend did if it was serious. Which it isn't as of now.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Here goes the video

Just for that, I wanna see Diddy actually do this ? smh
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as they don't move them out of Charlotte. That's what I'm afraid of most with this sale.

Harlem Panthers has a nice ring to it
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Are we pretending black entertainers have the bread to borrow to buy the team?

This aint free market, even if they had the dough, the other owners would have to co sign

the only part of this that makes sense is the bolded.

Incoming lead owners have to own 30%. Can still qualify With 20% owned directly and 10% family trust. 20% of $2 billion is $400 million, 30% is $600 million. You think Puffy has assets he can borrow against to raise at least $400 million? A bank would want at least $80 million deposit to lend $320 million.

Magic put up $50 million for the Dodgers

Jay had $500,000 in the Nets

Jordan assumed debt to takeover the Hornets - he basically paying it down with revenue sharing.

Ballmer so wealthy he said ? it and paid his own cash for Clipps.

Quick Maths
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    i would straight become a panthers fan and buy gear

giphy.gif

? im always gonna be a 9ers fan

but i will support this move

q2q9q.jpg
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Diddy is way smarter than anyone in this thread when it comes to money, finance, and business. If he was serious about buying the team we would have never found out.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

giphy.gif

q2q9q.jpg

i vote that mod take away this ? cross words out privilege.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Diddy is way smarter than anyone in this thread when it comes to money, finance, and business. If he was serious about buying the team we would have never found out.

why does he have to move in silence?

he can say hes going to buy the team.

others have done it an went ahead an got it....

aint like he being a ? about it.

he has a proven track record while alot of these other owners are inherited their money
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

This aint free market, even if they had the dough, the other owners would have to co sign

Incoming lead owners have to own 30%. Can still qualify With 20% owned directly and 10% family trust. 20% of $2 billion is $400 million, 30% is $600 million. You think Puffy has assets he can borrow against to raise at least $400 million? A bank would want at least $80 million deposit to lend $320 million.

Jordan assumed debt to takeover the Hornets - he basically paying it down with revenue sharing.

Quick Maths

between ciroc and sean john?

yes he has that down payment
  • D. Morgan
    Options

giphy.gif

q2q9q.jpg

i vote that mod take away this ? cross words out privilege.

LLS!!!!
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ol' stereotyping MF backpeddling like crazy. Somebody must've made some calls.

Made that MF put some respeck on his name.
  • AZTG
    edited December 2017
    Options

he has a proven track record while alot of these other owners are inherited their money

He doesnt have to move in silence.

And I would support him buying the team and im not one of these cats who thinks he cant do it. I think he could.

But imo Diddy wouldnt be on social media creating an even bigger interest in something he was gonna sink a few hundred million in if he was serious.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

And I would support him buying the team and im not one of these cats who thinks he cant do it. I think he could.

But imo Diddy wouldnt be on social media creating an even bigger interest in something he was gonna sink a few hundred million in if he was serious.

Every move doesn't require the same tactics.

Think about it the league has racial problems right now. Diddy has put the NFL and the public on notice about his interest in buying the team. Regardless of if Diddy is out bid the league is on notice and might have to answer questions about its process and definitely about its lack of minority ownership of nfl teams in a league that is 70% black.

• AZTG
    Options

Think about it the league has racial problems right now. Diddy has put the NFL and the public on notice about his interest in buying the team. Regardless of if Diddy is out bid the league is on notice and might have to answer questions about its process and definitely about its lack of minority ownership of nfl teams in a league that is 70% black.

Not saying I disagree. If thats what Diddy wants to do, its cool.

I just dont see it. Like I said id support Diddy or any other minority in buying the team and hope to see a black man or any other minority in there, but diddy doesnt seem serious to me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

maybe....just maybe ...

hes putting it out there so if the owners say no.....it was out there that he wanted diversity and they didnt....then the problem is back on the owners....along with pressure.

then to have some white dude come buy it....

yea....put the ? on blast to pull they card
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

nevermind my post......ole cross everything out here already said it.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quick Maths

I dunno, not hating on the brother but seems unlikely
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Not saying I disagree. If thats what Diddy wants to do, its cool.

I just dont see it. Like I said id support Diddy or any other minority in buying the team and hope to see a black man or any other minority in there, but diddy doesnt seem serious to me.

I can respect that point of view.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Quick Maths

I dunno, not hating on the brother but seems unlikely

its ok to think things are unlikely...i can respect that.

i just came into this thread with a vengeance since ? was talking all the ? in the lavar thread and yet can say these things.

? want a ? to win but want another ? to lose but claim supporting black will be the only way
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you're arguing over schematics right now because from what I'm understanding this just a publicity stunt, please correct me if I'm wrong or post some more solidified thinking behind this.