They play alot of old black shows and videos

They have one show called played by fame. it's decent

Centric is owned by BET.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    I watch TV1 instead of BET but Master P suppose to have a black cable channel coming out soon.

What? Master P and No Limit are whack as ? . Trust me, he is not going to have his own "black cable channel"

Seriously, who in the hell listen to No Limit/Cash Money? They were the reason why Hip-Hop is dead. Hip-Hop started died when No Limit and Cash Money came in.
  • jamel7781
    jamel7781 Members Posts: 16
    edited January 2010
    Options
    centric is the bet spin off.

They play alot of old black shows and videos

They have one show called played by fame. it's decent

Is this on AT&T, Dish Network or is it a regional thing?
  • jamel7781
    edited January 2010
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    What? Master P and No Limit are whack as ? . Trust me, he is not going to have his own "black cable channel"

Seriously, who in the hell listen to No Limit/Cash Money? They were the reason why Hip-Hop is dead. Hip-Hop started died when No Limit and Cash Money came in.

I disagree.. It started with that damn Jay-Z video SunShine...
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

Call me a cornball but I was supportive of Master P's albums up to the point of Ghetto Dope and I had TRU first 2 albums, Mr Serv-On "Life Insurance" album was on point. Mac, Mystikal and a few others I used to dig. Master P was a west coast bay artist when he came out so naturally he was easy for me to embrace being that I'm from Cali. But when he started getting off into that "football cheering section sound" I slept on him.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    It would be...for them. The second they get rid of the BS they show now, they get rid of the millions of dummies...i mean viewers who watch it

i'd love to see The Basement back on. I used to rush home from school to catch whoever the guest was freestylin

CS.................
  • jamel7781
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Call me a cornball but I was supportive of Master P's albums up to the point of Ghetto Dope and I had TRU first 2 albums, Mr Serv-On "Life Insurance" album was on point. Mac, Mystikal and a few others I used to dig. Master P was a west coast bay artist when he came out so naturally he was easy for me to embrace being that I'm from Cali. But when he started getting off into that "football cheering section sound" I slept on him.

Yeah Ghetto Dope was the last album I purchased in support of him...
    I still jam Young Bleed, Fiend, Mystikal and Mia X....

Never could listen to Silk tha shocker...
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im tired of my brothas and sistas tap dancing for the white man
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    It would be...for them. The second they get rid of the BS they show now, they get rid of the millions of dummies...i mean viewers who watch it

i'd love to see The Basement back on. I used to rush home from school to catch whoever the guest was freestylin

cosign @ bolded. ? be on the school bus like "Three 6/UGK/Ball & G or Outkast suppose to on rap city today"
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont tolerate ? -ish
  • jamel7781
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cosign @ bolded. ? be on the school bus like "Three 6/UGK/Ball & G or Outkast suppose to on rap city today"

lol....

Like ? I forget which one but it's gon be jumpin!
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited January 2010
    Options

Took this post back to the 90's with Mac classics Shell Shock & War World 3 albums, Mystikal classics Unpredictable & Ghetto Fabolous albums, Mia X, Silkk The Shocker - If I Dont Gotta song
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamel7781 wrote: »
    lol....

Like ? I forget which one but it's gon be jumpin!

Lol hell yea
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Damn I miss the 90's
  • jamel7781
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Damn I miss the 90's

Yo I smell a spin off thread in the making!
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamel7781 wrote: »
    Is this on AT&T, Dish Network or is it a regional thing?

i have comcast. it's channel 481 in chicago

ctrc is the abbreviation
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Centric is owned by BET.

uuuh duuuh

i thought "bet spin off" was part of my post
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

Well for one i disagree about hip hop being dead. and secondly no limit/cash money were at least somewhat tolerable. i was a fan of soulja slim, mac, fiend, and mystikal. but if there's anybody to take the blame for hip hop's demise it would be p. ? and his metrosexual "shiny suit era"
  • TooXquisite
    TooXquisite Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not all of BET's programming is bad though. It's just that people don't watch when they have informative shows.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BET is a joke...ole debroah has ran dat ? into da ground....
  • TooXquisite
    TooXquisite Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    what would that be the gospel hour?

No, they have had debates, they had a roundtable show, Cousin Jeff had a show. People never watch those shows though.
  • jamel7781
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BET is a joke...ole debroah has ran dat ? into da ground....

It all started going down hill wihen they had that digital ? on there... Cita i think... A digital ghetto hood rat...
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BET doesn't know how to combine quality and entertainment anymore. Teen Summit is an example of a show that was great at that and I'm pretty sure it had decent ratings. They covered real issues the kids could relate to and still had music and things. I'm pretty sure kids would watch something like that now. The closest they have to that is an occasional discussion of a serious topic on 106.

As long as the network is making money there's no reason for BET to want to change.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    what would that be the gospel hour?

Partly. that and early in the morning when this informative pastor comes on