How to get crazy RIPPED like an Olympic Gymnast

Millions Knives
Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Weight Room
Have anybody ever noticed how crazy Big and Ripped the Olympic gymnast are?

Well I been studying there routines and one thing was certain.....most of there workouts are done on the Olympic Rings.

Whether its pull ups, push ups, muscle ups etc......the bulk of their training is done on there.

I ordered some EXF rings from online...and mayne I tell you ? is really crazy hard to do.

Main reason a gymnast have so much muscle is because their STABILZER muscles are being worked out as well...something that weights or bodyweight alone cant do!

And the best thing about Rings are there is so many diffrent variations to do workouts its hard to plateau.

So if anybody wants to try anything new (which you should always be doing) give training with Rings a try.

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Yeah man, I've been wanting to get some rings for a while now, but I don't have any place hang them.

How did you set-up yours and how much did you pay for the rings?
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    sobek wrote: »
    Yeah man, I've been wanting to get some rings for a while now, but I don't have any place hang them.

How did you set-up yours and how much did you pay for the rings?

yeah real talk, where the hell am I supposed to hang them ? lol
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    google EXF Olympic Rings and they should have their website on the top page

mines cost about $80

I take mines rings with me to the gym, hang em up on a tree in my backyard, my pullup bar, or even ur door when u close it!
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    the main reason they're so cut is b/c of their diet................

i knew this one dude that used the iron gym when he wasn't training for gymnastics and track...............and he said people 70% of the way they look is b/c their coaches put them on a very low carb diet............

nikkia couldn't touch a loaf of bread if he wanted to.......................
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    nah, it's the workout on the rings, like the t/s said.

I started doing that to gain upper body strength and definition when I was a lot younger. Even eating as ? up as I was back then, once I was able to manage a few moves on the rings I started to see definition like I had never before (never could get a full-on Iron Cross, waaaaaay too hard).

There's a new-ish martial arts system that has a similar training regimen. I can't think of the name, but the practitioners I've seen can do some amazing ? and they're all ripped like all hell because the system demands so much from their upper body.