How to Become an Inventor?

Options
emeraldjuelz
emeraldjuelz Members Posts: 23
edited August 2010 in Strictly Business
Does anyone know?

Books I need to read/websites I should browse/college courses I should take, etc. I just want to learn how inventing items work & invent my own technology for my own uses in the not too distant future.

Comments

• Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    try hallucinogenic methods
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bad timing man , everything worthy of being invented has already been invented and those things that aren't invented are impossible and impractical.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you have an idea for an invention you should get it patented before showing it to anyone. Google US patents. http://www.uspto.gov/forms/index.jsp Do not patent with private firms like legal zoom. Patents by Gov. costs less.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Invent some ?

the first and only step!!!
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you want to be able to invent technology hands on then you should try mechanical engineering, this will help with the logistics or detail of creating product, but you need to be a math genius.

1. What is it that you want to invent for your own use?
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Bad timing man , everything worthy of being invented has already been invented and those things that aren't invented are impossible and impractical.

DUMBEST ? I ever seen written. We just live in a society that hinders our capability of expressing our creativity. If we were less dependent upon someone elses payroll and independent upon making a living for ourselves ideas would constantly be flowing through our heads. We foolishly have a belief that everything that exist now cannot be improvised. We have become too lazy too invent because were content with things the way they are. All it takes is one idea. Truthfully all it takes is one idea to get rich.
  • Copper
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DUMBEST ? I ever seen written. We just live in a society that hinders our capability of expressing our creativity. If we were less dependent upon someone elses payroll and independent upon making a living for ourselves ideas would constantly be flowing through our heads. We foolishly have a belief that everything that exist now cannot be improvised. We have become too lazy too invent because were content with things the way they are. All it takes is one idea. Truthfully all it takes is one idea to get rich.

good post.....and most people are content with being consumers and sheep!!!
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options

You can't come up with groundbreaking things today considering the technology we have . It's advanced but by groundbreaking i mean finding a cure for cancer , a fully functional flying car and so on. You can do LSD and come up with the most fantastic ideas but that ? aint gon work.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    neccesity.....think of what could make somethng easier or better but keep it to yourself
    give it a catchy name and copyright that name
    once you do that then find out how to make it or have someone try to make it for you(but have them sign a confidence contract)
    thenyou want to get a patent(there are two types depending on the money you have to spend and time you have)
    find out how to promote it and where to promote it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can't come up with groundbreaking things today considering the technology we have . It's advanced but by groundbreaking i mean finding a cure for cancer , a fully functional flying car and so on. You can do LSD and come up with the most fantastic ideas but that ? aint gon work.

things are being created everyday....some people just dont have the funds to promote it.
    seriously man you have no future
  • Copper
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lolz^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    things are being created everyday....some people just dont have the funds to promote it.
    seriously man you have no future

? wont get promoted if it aint groundbreaking these days because the most advanced things for our time right now have already been invented. Dont you worry about my future , just make sure that u dont give handjobs for ? rocks soon enough.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

LOL You don't have to take hallucinogens to come up with amazing ideas bro. Anyone can look at a simple utensil and think of a hundred ways to improve it.
    Now inventions that involve technology cost money. Big MONEY, I'm talking millions quite possibly billions. MONEY is the main facter that is prohibiting scientific breakthroughs. Not enough funding.
    And please believe it there are thousands of practical ideas out there that could be manifested with our current technology.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? wont get promoted if it aint groundbreaking these days because the most advanced things for our time right now have already been invented. Dont you worry about my future , just make sure that u dont give handjobs for ? rocks soon enough.

they thought the same ? when they invented the wheel, bow and arrow and gunpower.
    the way you think in about 20 days you will be sucking ? for beer and pretzels
  • luke skywalker
    luke skywalker Banned Users Posts: 147
    edited August 2010
    Options

son, just stay in the hood. we don't need you.
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL You don't have to take hallucinogens to come up with amazing ideas bro. Anyone can look at a simple utensil and think of a hundred ways to improve it.
    Now inventions that involve technology cost money. Big MONEY, I'm talking millions quite possibly billions. MONEY is the main facter that is prohibiting scientific breakthroughs. Not enough funding.
    And please believe it there are thousands of practical ideas out there that could be manifested with our current technology.

Yeah but that ? takes a lot research and research takes time . You can improve things but coming up with something remarkable that could still be practical and marketable is quite hard since research and improvement takes time. We have already achieved many great things so that's one of the reasons why it might be hard for an upcoming inventor to invent something remarkable because i feel like ? will only improve til' we reach a new age of technology.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah but that ? takes a lot research and research takes time . You can improve things but coming up with something remarkable that could still be practical and marketable is quite hard since research and improvement takes time. We have already achieved many great things so that's one of the reasons why it might be hard for an upcoming inventor to invent something remarkable because i feel like ? will only improve til' we reach a new age of technology.

producing electricity was fine....why did we have to do the research to try to get water to help producer electricity or wind and now nuclear reactors and now we are working on fusion(not just for propulsion). it takes research and will be better.
    you know we used to have to send this posts by a man on a horse, then he got a car, then we used planes, then some ? said why do we use computer to send it electronically....BOOM! we have email and allhiphop
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options
    producing electricity was fine....why did we have to do the research to try to get water to help producer electricity or wind and now nuclear reactors and now we are working on fusion(not just for propulsion). it takes research and will be better.
    you know we used to have to send this posts by a man on a horse, then he got a car, then we used planes, then some ? said why do we use computer to send it electronically....BOOM! we have email and allhiphop

But what's the next step ? Inventing practical flying cars isn't that easy , we've come so far that the next step almost seems impossible to reach at this moment although someone will prolly do it but in the future. I love to dream every now and then but sometimes you gotta get real.
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

? Technology ALWAYS evolves no matter what has been achieved, people who are up-to-date on current technology would not have that problem, but mediocre people, with mediocre minds, will feel the odds of success are insurmountable, because all they've ever known is the matrix they've lived in; cars, ipods, and airplanes do not discourage those who are ambitious. Its wildly pathetic and an insult to human ingenuity and the human species for a man to think he has nothing to offer the world because someone else has done it, therefore he doesn't have the ambition.

You can't limit your awareness to what you've seen there's more than meets the eye. Who the hell would have even fathomed something known as the internet 100 years ago? When you are aware of implications for human existence, technology cannot reach a dead end. There is no "Oh well everything has been invented, cause' we've gotten out the caves and don't have to worry about predators"

look at these inventions, there are things the common man has not even given science and technology or human ingenuity credit for being able to achieve:

Here it is: http://blog.sherweb.com/top-10-tech-invenitons-shaping-2010/
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can't limit your awareness to what you've seen there's more than meets the eye. Who the hell would have even fathomed something known as the internet 100 years ago? When you are aware of implications for human existence, technology cannot reach a dead end. There is no "Oh well everything has been invented, cause' we've gotten out the caves and don't have to worry about predators"

Right now at this very moment we won't be able to invent those unfathomable things because of once again our current technology , within a 50-100 years or so sure thing but now hell nah so that's why i said bad timing because you can only come up with improvements right now and fantastic but unrealistic inventions would be impractical and no one would fund them anyway . It's not like I mean that technology has stopped and will not evolve but it will take some time until we take that next step .
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Nothing stays the same & everything changes. Especially in business, cycles go up & down, one time giants become dinosaurs and new things takeover.

Look at the energy industry & the emergence of green technology... and the innovations in the electric energy sector...

Look at the evolution of the internet & technology.... (this is where the future is)

Look at the newspaper business & the new emergence of blogs.....

Look at the evolution of the music business....

Look at the auto industry (tesla & other companies like spyker the fall of giants like GM & Chrysler)

Now tell me do u honestly think that in 20 to 30 years there wont be many other bill gates ? or that the Forbes 400 will look the exact same ?? All of the above mentioned industries are all ripe areas for someone to take over & revolutionize, it just takes the right mind & heart to go for that route. too many ppl like u are trying to find easy things that will work & dont have the minds to comprehend advanced or complex ideas that will present GREAT opportunity for wealth, power & fame.

As for T/S u need to tell us what u want to invent.

I don't wanna say this 10 times per post but improvements and inventions are different things . TS could improve something and it could be groundbreaking but inventions are other things. New environmentally friendly fuels are still impractical and not commonly used although it's changing and the music industry is basically a reflection of how low we have morally fallen as a society. But once again right now , not within 100 years because i never said that technology stopped , it's unlikely to invent(not improve) something revolutionary.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But what's the next step ? Inventing practical flying cars isn't that easy , we've come so far that the next step almost seems impossible to reach at this moment although someone will prolly do it but in the future. I love to dream every now and then but sometimes you gotta get real.

the people that get real are the future inventors. they get real about their dreams
    i got two inventions coming down the pipe....both are just additions on something thats already made...but so what ...if it makes it better or more fun.
    my dude....please get some goals in life.
    you are like that dude that told a young me the computesr are not the future....if i would have lsitened i would not be where i am.
  • P-Dogg77
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the people that get real are the future inventors. they get real about their dreams
    i got two inventions coming down the pipe....both are just additions on something thats already made...but so what ...if it makes it better or more fun.
    my dude....please get some goals in life.
    you are like that dude that told a young me the computesr are not the future....if i would have lsitened i would not be where i am.

Try to actually comprehend what i wrote next time.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Try to actually comprehend what i wrote next time.

your not comprehending anything anybody wrote