Heyman on TNA: "They're not ready for me"

KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
edited August 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
Paul Heyman appeared on the MMA Hour on MMAFighting.com this afternoon and commented specifically to host Ariel Helwani when asked about his negotiations with TNA and noted the following:
"They're not ready for me," Heyman said. "They're not there yet." Heyman also stated that TNA wrestlers who were over 40 years old would not be happy if he went to work for the company. "If you're over 40, I'd chop your f---ing head off," said Heyman.

While Heyman has never been one to bite his tongue, so to speak, do you agree or disagree with his short-term vision (in this specific aspect) as it pertains to the future of TNA and why or why not?

Please keep in mind, there are numerous talents on the TNA over the age of 40, including 61-year old Fortune front-running Ric Flair, 42-year old Kurt Angle, 51-year old Kevin Nash, 51-year old Sting, 43-year old Jeff Jarrett, 45-year old ? Foley, 46-year old Raven and most importantly 40-year old Rob Van Dam (among others) who's proverbial heads we'd be talking about being on the chopping block.

What do you think some of the pros & cons behind this type of abrasive action would bring about to the company? Furthermore, is there enough talent in TNA to live without them (entirely)?

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    I don't think TNA will ever be ready for Heyman. They're too dumb to admit their own faults and Dixie is too stubborn to let Heyman come in and whip them into shape anyways.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    man speaks the truth there not ready for him
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    bring heyman in
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Heyman & Hogan would never co-exist
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    im glad. hogan and bischoff the goats.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    heymans a guy who speaks his mind and thats something i admire about people. i dont think firing wrestlers over 40 is the way. have them still wrestle but tutoring the younger talent. i think angle can still main event, but his body has taken a toll over the years, so i can see him working backstage. heyman would defintely help tna
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Here's more:

In an interview with MMA Hour Live, Paul Heyman talked about the possibility of working with TNA Wrestling:
    “They’re not ready for me. They’re not there yet. I kind of have self-justified my own interest in TNA as a network of stock and ownership. I left pro wrestling in December 2006 and I haven’t done one shoot DVD, one convention appearance, one cameo. I haven’t done anything on wrestling.”

Heyman confirmed that TNA has reached out to him many times in the last year but he didn’t take it seriously until Dixie Carter contacted him and offered him potential ownership points and stock, as well as potential side projects with Spike TV. He concluded though that they weren’t ready for his ideas, particularly using things from MMA to influence wrestling. He also said that TNA is not looking long term and only wants short term solutions and that they don’t have their own vision for what they want to be.

Heyman added that he would get rid of everyone over 40 in TNA if he was in charge, saying their place is to be used for promotional events, autograph signings, and video games, but not as the core, noting that TNA’s focus seems to be on former ECW guys in their 40s, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair.
    “If you were over 40, I’d chop your f***ing head off. I want a guy who is entering the prime of his career and shape him and mold him.”

“Imagine if all they did the entire show was promote the Beer Money vs. Motor City Machineguns match and had Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan and the ECW guys saying they needed to see that match and said these guys are the future now. Then, if you put that match in the main event – as opposed to the middle of the card with no follow-up – and produce and present them as the main event. Then, if ‘you buy this product, this is the progressive type of presentation we are going to present to you.’ Instead, you have Hulk Hogan in his 50s thanking ECW guys in their 40s before the ECW guys are beat up by a group led by Ric Flair in his 60s.”
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Oh he will never cut rvd or angle but as far as Nash n them...unless they willing to do what Funk did for the ecw boys... Chop Em
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    jpcrack wrote: »
    Oh he will never cut rvd or angle but as far as Nash n them...unless they willing to do what Funk did for the ecw boys... Chop Em

i dont think nash would want to be set on fire.just my option tho
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    tna as a whole wouldnt be ready, kurt angle(at least mentally) and rvd would be tho...

? would do wonders for a.j. styles, it be a complete 180 from a while back when a.j.'s character was a ? idiot...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    AJ heel the goat
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Hell nah TNA ain't ready for Heyman....he'd come in and get all of them old ? out..theres no reason for Nash, Sting, Jarrett and Flair to still be wrestling they're all old and washed up..and everytime they come out I change the channel. RVD and Angle can still work though both are still great wrestlers.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Guys lets be honest tho would you let Heyman have COMPLETE control of the WWE? Nevermind a smaller promotion like TNA.. I mean creative control is one thing, but Heyman is asking for way too much, he had his chance with ECW, and look where it is now... Heyman has way too much pride imo. Besides TNA seems to be really going in the right direction the last half of a year anyhow. So be it. ? the past move onto the future imo.