Cowboy Bebop: GOAT Series or Overrated?

JokerzWyld
JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Animania
CowboyBebopDVDBoxSet.jpg

This is my personal favorite. It had everything: Great story, nice action, excellent characters, etc.

What is the consensus on this?

Comments

• LifezOriginal
    LifezOriginal Members Posts: 56
    edited August 2010
    Its one of my favorite anime series. I don't know if its the GOAT though. There is still a lot of them that I haven't watched.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I've watched alot of anime series and Bebop is still easily the GOAT in my opinion.

Watching a dope anime and then going back to Bebop is like bumping that hot new mixtape, then throwin on Ready to Die........just nothin compares, its on another level

Samurai Champloo = Life After Death
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I wouldn't say it's either. Not the GOAT, but not overrated either. It's a very good series, and up there with the best.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    one of my favorites. i always have this arguement of which is better: cowboy bebop or samauri champloo? i know its from the same guy and people even suggest mugen is spikes ancestor
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    one of my favorites. i always have this arguement of which is better: cowboy bebop or samauri champloo? i know its from the same guy and people even suggest mugen is spikes ancestor

The Say Spike Is Lupin Ancestor...Peep Mr Spiegels Boots...GOAT Anime Series IMO....Like Akira Is The GOAT Anime Feature IMO
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    DBZ>>>
    Ruroni kenshin>>>
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    GOAT or at least one of them......
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    GOAT or at least one of them......

Shocked to see u not be a contrarian here, i guess it is not a gimmick after all. Hmm, might need to take u more seriously now.

Watching Cowboy Bebop right now, i am on episode 5, it is pretty cool so far. Decide to watch it first before i moved on to Samurai Champloo.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    cj012890 wrote: »
    DBZ>>>
    Ruroni kenshin>>>

DBZ Had Way To Much Filler...Great Action Sequences But Again Too Much Stalling ..Altho Dude Was Writing The Manga They Were Producing The Series.....? Even Dragonball Kai Stretches ? Out Way To Long....Great Series Tho...But Cowboy Bebop >>>> DB, DBZ, DBGT
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    cj012890 wrote: »
    DBZ>>>

let's be real, DBZ is pretty much ass if there isn't a big fight goin on

even Bleach's filler is more watchable than DBZ's and yes I'm including that infamous ep where Ichigo's sisters bake a cake
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Just downloaded the enitre series...

IMO the GOAT anime series...

I have a soft spot for dbz, but I agree that it had some ? filler

Its honestly b/w this an champloo for me..
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    DBZ, Bebop, and Tenchi Muyo are in my top 3
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    dbz>>>>>>>>over any anime ? what ya say. aint no other cartoon had the streets across america empty between 5 and 6 the impact it had was crazy this ? came out in 93 n it still look better than half these cartoons.
  • JokerzWyld
    edited April 2011
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Shocked to see u not be a contrarian here, i guess it is not a gimmick after all. Hmm, might need to take u more seriously now.

Watching Cowboy Bebop right now, i am on episode 5, it is pretty cool so far. Decide to watch it first before i moved on to Samurai Champloo.

Ballad Of Fallen Angels is probably the most powerful and revealing episode in the series.

DBZ is ok, but it's so long and drawn out. So much filler and nonsense. Bebop is far more serious.

It even has the best soundtrack of any other anime. Yeah, i said it.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Ballad Of Fallen Angels is probably the most powerful and revealing episode in the series.

DBZ is ok, but it's so long and drawn out. So much filler and nonsense. Bebop is far more serious.

It even has the best soundtrack of any other anime. Yeah, i said it.

......................................c/s
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Bebop is pretty great... I pretty much agree with the sentiments on this board.

Have you guys checked out Michiko to Hatchin? Watanabe did the music and helped produced this one as well. I meant to put this as one my all time favs. Stars a female bad ass and her adventures with her daughter as they travel through a fake south america ducking cops and gangs. Great characters and developement.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Bebop and Samurai Champloo are rarities.Both are master pieces.It's a shame that Anime is so commercialized and cliche now.ghost in the Shell is my personal favorite though.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Woah, all the short animes seem to be great, but let's not discredit DBZ in the process
  • JokerzWyld
    edited April 2011

Have you guys checked out Michiko to Hatchin? Watanabe did the music and helped produced this one as well. I meant to put this as one my all time favs. Stars a female bad ass and her adventures with her daughter as they travel through a fake south america ducking cops and gangs. Great characters and developement.

I gotta check this out. Good Drop.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    one of my homies got me into Cowboy Bebop around late 09...I watched the entire series within a matter of weeks...that ? is crazy how good it is and I can't front I used to pay no attention to anime at all
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Id love to see another series from Watanabe
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    glowy wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's either. Not the GOAT, but not overrated either. It's a very good series, and up there with the best.

agreed.....
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    CowboyBebopDVDBoxSet.jpg

This is my personal favorite. It had everything: Great story, nice action, excellent characters, etc.

What is the consensus on this?

So ill...
    glowy wrote: »

I concur, good sir.

Thats my ? right there b, I watched the whole series in a weekend LOL. Machiko's fine ass!
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Bebop and Samurai Champloo are rarities.Both are master pieces.It's a shame that Anime is so commercialized and cliche now.ghost in the Shell is my personal favorite though.

Yes sir GITS is the greatest especially INNOCENCE. OMFG b I was hooked
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Cowboy Bebop was the ? . I'm ? the series ended. not the GOAT but close enough
    Berserk
    Bebop
    Baki the grappler
    Champloo
    Hajime no Ippo

How'd you guys like the Bebop movie? I bought it back in college and still have it. Me and my boys spent many a days baked watching that
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited April 2011
    this is my favorite anime...not a single bad ep

the movie is also excellent