Ladies Can We Talk For A Second...I Mean Lets Have A Real 21 And Up Convo...Step In..

Options
freshfromatl
freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
edited February 2010 in The Powder Room
What's good ladies of the IC...All ladies...pretty and ugly...classy and hoodrats...

I have five questions...just five, that I would like for yall to answer and then maybe we can follow with an informative discussion on the topics...NOW FELLAS WE ALL GOT OUR ON METHODS OF ANSWERING THESE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS...LETS JUST TAKE A SECOND AND SEE WHAT THE LADIES GOT TO SAY...

Question 1) Where exactly does a good man find a good woman? (If you consider yourself a good women; give your favorite places to chill)

Question 2) How do a good man approach a good woman? (If you consider yourself a good woman; How would liked to be approached)

Question 3) Describe your quintessential good man? (What type of accomplishments should he have, how much should he be making, personality etc.)

Question 4) Are you a good woman? If so, what makes you a good woman?

Question 5) Have you found YOUR good man? If not, do you still have hopes of finding one?

SPEAK ON IT.......

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the Powder Room is that way
    >
  • moongirl1988
    moongirl1988 Members Posts: 10
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1.) I think it depends, I guess I would say places where professional women frequent... (i.e. lounges as opposed to bars and clubs...the gym, the grocery store). I wouldn't recommend approaching a woman on the street since their guard is probably up.

2.) I like to be approached in a friendly, open, and non-creepy manner. Something simple like hi how are you I'm so and so and maybe have him try to engage me in a brief convo before asking for my number.

3.) Umm, well I recently finished college so money isn't really a priority in what I look for, since its understandable that most college grads are trying to make ends meet. But I would look for a guy who is educated (if not college educated then at least has an associates degree or training in some field or maybe has military experience). A guy that respects women, hasn't slept with a bunch of women, a guy that is honest, knows himself, has a strong sense of values, and isn't arrogant or conceited.

4.) I think I'm a good woman, not perfect, but good. I still feel like I'm growing as a person, but I think the fact that I'm willing to learn and can recognize my own faults is a trademark of a good person in general.

5.) Nope, haven't found one...hope to find one someday, but in the meantime I'm more focused on my future career/educational goals.
  • freshfromatl
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1.) I think it depends, I guess I would say places where professional women frequent... (i.e. lounges as opposed to bars and clubs...the gym, the grocery store). I wouldn't recommend approaching a woman on the street since their guard is probably up.

2.) I like to be approached in a friendly, open, and non-creepy manner. Something simple like hi how are you I'm so and so and maybe have him try to engage me in a brief convo before asking for my number.

3.) Umm, well I recently finished college so money isn't really a priority in what I look for, since its understandable that most college grads are trying to make ends meet. But I would look for a guy who is educated (if not college educated then at least has an associates degree or training in some field or maybe has military experience). A guy that respects women, hasn't slept with a bunch of women, a guy that is honest, knows himself, has a strong sense of values, and isn't arrogant or conceited.

4.) I think I'm a good woman, not perfect, but good. I still feel like I'm growing as a person, but I think the fact that I'm willing to learn and can recognize my own faults is a trademark of a good person in general.

5.) Nope, haven't found one...hope to find one someday, but in the meantime I'm more focused on my future career/educational goals.

Wow...great post...you have a lot of positives going for you...

SMH at these lame niccas coming and ? up my thread lol.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What's good ladies of the IC...All ladies...pretty and ugly...classy and hoodrats...

I have five questions...just five, that I would like for yall to answer and then maybe we can follow with an informative discussion on the topics...NOW FELLAS WE ALL GOT OUR ON METHODS OF ANSWERING THESE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS...LETS JUST TAKE A SECOND AND SEE WHAT THE LADIES GOT TO SAY...

Question 1) Where exactly does a good man find a good woman? (If you consider yourself a good women; give your favorite places to chill)

Question 2) How do a good man approach a good woman? (If you consider yourself a good woman; How would liked to be approached)

Question 3) Describe your quintessential good man? (What type of accomplishments should he have, how much should he be making, personality etc.)

Question 4) Are you a good woman? If so, what makes you a good woman?

Question 5) Have you found YOUR good man? If not, do you still have hopes of finding one?

SPEAK ON IT.......

1. I like to chill in a coffe lounge type of atmosphere, or a reggae lounge, sports bar. A good guy can find good women if he's looking in all the right places. I believe a club is the wrong place to be looking for either genders. A few of the right places maybe a grocery market, school, thru other male friend asociates that you consider good male friends. The airport, church.. Good people could be everywhere though, depends what you consider good as well.

2. A good man would approach a good women in a mutual manner, for example if I'm moving, which i happen to be constantly moving, a good guy would offer to help move. I would like to be approach in a respectful way, not no tryna let me get your number type of way. A guy with a sense of humor as well, cracking jokes and making you laugh. Just on a mutual level.

3. What I would look for in a good is someone who has respect for himself, has manners, has his head on his shoulders, open minded and is able to relate to me. He ain't have to have no master's degree, and he ain't have to be making over 100,000 grand annually. Someone that is just humble and carries himself the same way, stay's true to himself, don't have to prove nobody nothing but himself. But very much I would look for a guy who has had the same life experinces that i had so we can hold down each other and be that ride to die couple..

4. I have my flaws, I know how to take care of a man, and hold down a family and do my duties. I'm not perfect, but that's what makes me though, life trails and tribulations that I been thru, good and bad. Mistakes I made an learning from those mistakes so they don't become redundant.

5. Yes I found my good man, he's resting up above in heaven, and I hope to reunite with him on the other side. Its the only good man I've ever been with.. may he rest in peace. In the moment I'm not looking. I got priorties to take care of, school, raising my two little ones, my health and so on.. Nat looking for love anytime soon.
  • freshfromatl
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    1. I like to chill in a coffe lounge type of atmosphere, or a reggae lounge, sports bar. A good guy can find good women if he's looking in all the right places. I believe a club is the wrong place to be looking for either genders. A few of the right places maybe a grocery market, school, thru other male friend asociates that you consider good male friends. The airport, church.. Good people could be everywhere though, depends what you consider good as well.

2. A good man would approach a good women in a mutual manner, for example if I'm moving, which i happen to be constantly moving, a good guy would offer to help move. I would like to be approach in a respectful way, not no tryna let me get your number type of way. A guy with a sense of humor as well, cracking jokes and making you laugh. Just on a mutual level.

3. What I would look for in a good is someone who has respect for himself, has manners, has his head on his shoulders, open minded and is able to relate to me. He ain't have to have no master's degree, and he ain't have to be making over 100,000 grand annually. Someone that is just humble and carries himself the same way, stay's true to himself, don't have to prove nobody nothing but himself. But very much I would look for a guy who has had the same life experinces that i had so we can hold down each other and be that ride to die couple..

4. I have my flaws, I know how to take care of a man, and hold down a family and do my duties. I'm not perfect, but that's what makes me though, life trails and tribulations that I been thru, good and bad. Mistakes I made an learning from those mistakes so they don't become redundant.

5. Yes I found my good man, he's resting up above in heaven, and I hope to reunite with him on the other side. Its the only good man I've ever been with.. may he rest in peace. In the moment I'm not looking. I got priorties to take care of, school, raising my two little ones, my health and so on.. Nat looking for love anytime soon.

I can respect this.
  • Tupacfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can respect this.

Thank you!
  • face down @$$ up
    face down @$$ up Members Posts: 53
    edited January 2010
    Options

I've never heard of a man approaching a woman and immediatly helping her move. That's not a good man, that's a sucker if you ask me. I understand being respectful, but helping you move is a little over the top.
  • Tupacfan
    edited January 2010
    Options

I've never heard of a man approaching a woman and immediatly helping her move. That's not a good man, that's a sucker if you ask me. I understand being respectful, but helping you move is a little over the top.

i appreciate your blauntness, maybe i should had worded in better terms. If a guy see me tryna take my sofa out all alone, or lifting some 50lb boxes and he happens to be strolling by and gives me a hand in moving my ? from the crib to the uhaul i could def appreciate that and assume he's a good man. Nat saying im gon take this kat to the new spot and be all up in my crib hell na. But there are guys out there that will just stroll on by when they see a girl tryna lift her sofas alone, now that's a sucker.. a gentleman would stop and ask if me I need help and if I do, I wouldnt mind the help, cuz i ain't tryna stumble with my sofa's alone.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what's good ladies of the ic...all ladies...pretty and ugly...classy and hoodrats...

I have five questions...just five, that i would like for yall to answer and then maybe we can follow with an informative discussion on the topics...now fellas we all got our on methods of answering these following questions...lets just take a second and see what the ladies got to say...

Question 1) where exactly does a good man find a good woman? (if you consider yourself a good women; give your favorite places to chill) i been on antisocial mode for the past months but normally- hip hop shows, barnes and nobles (i like books lol), the gym, lounges....

question 2) how do a good man approach a good woman? (if you consider yourself a good woman; how would liked to be approached) like a grown man. Hi, how you doin, etc etc. None of that kiddy aye shawty ? . Also- none of the name dropping or materialistic stuff. I don't care what you drive, who you know and what you do when i am meeting you. We'll learn those details that if numbers are exchanged.

question 3) describe your quintessential good man? (what type of accomplishments should he have, how much should he be making, personality etc.) um....well there is no mr perfect but i guess if ur asking what i would want? Someone who is basically trying to take over the world, like i am. No need for multiple degree's or anything. But ambition and willingness to work to get at the top of his profession is the sexiest thing ever. We can put in all that work together. As long as he isn't trying to be in the entertainment industry, it's all good.

question 4) are you a good woman? If so, what makes you a good woman? it all depends on your definition of good, since everyone has a diff definition. I'm ambitious, accomplished, intelligent, responsible, charismatic, and a host of other adjectives that describe great.

question 5) have you found your good man? If not, do you still have hopes of finding one? i've seen him around. And i don't really think about it in terms of 'good' vs 'bad' actually. I've never had a bad man, so i doubt i'll get one in the future. I've just had men that did ? ? but we're all to blame rly so...yea. Guess i didnt answer the ques lol
    speak on it.......

done!
  • cvci
    cvci Members Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. I've heard the statement "women say they want a good man but they really don't." Its the same thing with men. Good men who say they want good women usually go for the females with no substance.

2. A good man approaches a good woman with respect. ( You don't call or yell for someone from across the street nor do you address them as "shorty" or "ma." No good woman in her right mind will respond to you.) This means approching a female and introducing yourself respectfully.

3. A good man has respect and is understanding. People need to stop expecting perfection. How can you expect someone who is perfect when you are not? The other problem is people want to ask things of others that they themselves can't give or do not possess. For example you can't demand and ask for someone who is well off and has successful career when you have no ambitions and are not doing anything with yoirself.You have to bring the same things you are asking for to the table. .

4. I think I am a good woman. Am I perfect? No.I think a good woman is someone who is ambitious, who demands and shows respect to all and someone who is not afraid to learn and knows there is always room to grow.

5. Kind of but it did not really work out. I don't believe in finding the one. But I do believe that there are people I may be compatable with.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im gonna face palm now while the thread is still young !!!
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wait !!! tupac fan is a female !!!???
  • t0wers
    t0wers Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • Tupacfan
    edited February 2010