What does a Muslim look like?

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge
this is from another thread. I would like to know what the hell a muslim or moslem looks like.
are they black or dark skinned?
do they resemble arabs?
wait wait....maybe asians....

just curious as to why muslim equals black when only one of the guys planning the attack on the world trade center was dark skinned and he didnt make it because he got pulled over..... the black guy got pulled over...lol

Comments

• white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited August 2010
    To those of us educated, we know Muslims come in all shades and have varying attitudes. Hell, most the Muslims I know drink and eat pepperoni pizza with me lol. Unfortunately, the media portrays muslims as being brown skinned, full beards, a serious look on their face constantly, and just preaching hate. Women = burqas, covered up, uneducated, oppressed by husbands...etc..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    great thread i was tryin to find a tube video.. of the .. "unassuming muslim" couldnt find anything
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    how come heyslick and ktulu is avoiding this thread
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    the person mumbling while facing mecca?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Duuuh, they look like the ones on mainstream news.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    miss indonesia
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqEteYp8XLGK5hlboOqNkxwP-P0hmcQfoMbbS2R9Jh9AZlegQ&t=1&usg=__XT9a7gmU9ie6LJYpcR39ZfELRJI=

american muslim
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa8OqpRPT_Kdi4cEwksCMLxLkDwrelzmwWQeyZW7L_KmmJOGU&t=1&usg=__tPyUuqtNp34tmZei4q7DOFXMwNA=

miss pakistan
    images%3Fq%3Dmuslim%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGHP_en%26biw%3D1207%26bih%3D565%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=542&vpy=179&dur=842&hovh=275&hovw=183&tx=88&ty=293&ei=RrlyTO3oA4S8lQev67WaDg&oei=ULhyTMqGKoGglAfVntDADQ&esq=6&page=6&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:100

chinese muslim
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScB_kzIUk33j10NvN06zHiJpiv1zdCIAD2MfDf6QOufYzXGmg&t=1&usg=__0V2VV57JfY-FmK7OOvt7whCGvf4=

i guess i'll stop here.....no of them look threatening i guess
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Islam is a religion, not a race. . .

most of the world knows this....its just a few idiots that don't and want to put a race to everything so they have more reasons to hate someone
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    heyslick wrote: »
    What does a Muslim look like? how come you didn't make the thread title this instead "What does a radical Muslim look like?" incidentally/seriously that's really the issue in this debate.

http://www.truthtube.tv/play.php?vid=4232

ok so what does a radical muslim look like and why we are at it, what does a radical christian look like
  • Uwe Bol
    Uwe Bol Members Posts: 43
    edited August 2010
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Heyslick throwin rocks then hiding his hand. The hot girl is sonning losers on this forum again.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    kai_valya wrote: »
    how am i a know-it-all? i'm not the one purporting to know something about a topic when i don't. so why even post the article unless u agree with it and it proves your point?

You must not know about heyslic.. Reason goes out of the window.. sit back and enjoy the show... he has this script he has to stick to .. incoherent ramblings since 1882.. his bitterness is the only thing keeping him alive
  • shootemwon
    edited August 2010
    how am i a know-it-all? i'm not the one purporting to know something about a topic when i don't. so why even post the article unless u agree with it and it proves your point?

Heyslick is an angry white supremacist who is severely hindered by his parkinsons disease and has became quite bitter as a result. Really we should pity him, but yeah, having a reasonable conversation with the dude is pointless. He's also an idiot.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    its NOT just white people either

oh please

maybe some uncle toms and the 37 remaining non-cuban latino republicans

Seriously if these so-called moderate Muslims cannot take a firm stand

I HATE when you ? push this line of ? . You ? concede the obvious "okay, not ALL muslims are Osama" point but immediately go "so why haven't the muslims destroyed al qaeda yet, HUH HUH HUH THATS RIGHT THEY WONT"

like, HELLO, Al Qaeda types OBVIOUSLY ain't gonna be purged from Islam OVERNIGHT. The Moderate Muslims WILL win but it will take DECADES if not CENTURIES. Not fast enough for you? Well TOO ? BAD ? . The Protestant Reformation caused 120 YEARS OF WAR before that was (more or less) settled. And you expect this epic conflict within Islam to be settled 9 years after 9/11? ? YOU.
    its NOT just white people either

oh please

maybe some uncle toms and the 37 remaining non-cuban latino republicans

just what the hell are they gonna do when the next radical Muslim tries to blow-up

.......THEY'RE GONNA DIE, just like the dozens of innocent Muslims who DIED on 9/11, just like the THOUSANDS of innocent Muslim men, women, and children who were decapitated, tortured to death, burned to death, and blown up in marketplaces in Iraq. Remember that? Do you shitwits have any clue how much carnage Muslims suffered at the hands of Al Qaeda monsters like Abu Al Zarqawi? NO BECAUSE ALL THOSE FUNNY TALKIN BROWN FOLK LOOK THE SAME TO YO CRACKA HALF-PARALYZED ASS
    SO-CALLED moderate Muslims will not and cannot do anything to stop it

How the ? are they supposed to stop an Al Qaeda attack on the U.S? Are they the police? Are they the FBI? Are they one of the 800,000+ people with Top Secret clearance or one of the 1,200+ gov't organizations producing over 50,000+ intelligence reports every year? NO, ITS NOT THEIR JOB TO STOP TERROR ATTACKS, HOW BOUT WE LET OUR BLOATED BIG BROTHER SPY SYSTEM DO THAT
    but his heritage & actions speak for themselves

Translation: HIS DADDY'S A SAND N!GGER N!GGER (even tho, um, Barack Sr. was an Atheist)
    Our own Constitution will be our enemy and the downfall of this country.

Oh so we hate the constitution now because we lost a Presidential election huh? And here I thought you PATRIOTS reached over your pale beer guts to beat your tiny white ? while staring at the Constitution and moaning Thomas Jefferson's name. PAUSE
  • shootemwon
    edited August 2010
    i kinda figured. he seems like the type that put the constitution on a pedestal but when it suits them throws it under the bus. if someone said they should repel the 2nd amendment people would be up in arms; these are the same people that want to get rid of the 14th amendment and disregard freedom of religion (unless your christian). america is built on the principle that everyone should have freedom of religion, i guess the fine print was *as long as you're not muslim*. there are so many people converting, i bet a lot of people would be surprised to see how many muslims they know. i've experienced it myself when people realized i'm muslim and hit me wit the *shocked face*. how ? would christians be if people assumed they were all like timothy mcveigh. do people not realize many muslims died on 9/11

Don't let janklow see you talking about the second amendment like that.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    you won't know cuz we come in all shades and sizes. also all muslim women don't cover their heads, that's a cultural thing not a religious thing. muslims can be asian, white, black, arab, anything

How dumb is this chick?

Show me proof of how its cultural and not religious. If its cultural then why do different cultures wear the hijab and veil? Just cause you rocking bangs to cover up that 10 head don't mean its a green light to type false facts.

There are plenty of the verses in the Quran that center on the importance of the hijab so think before you speak cause you sound real ignorant.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Don't let janklow see you talking about the second amendment like that.
    WHY IS MY BAT-SIGNAL GOING OFF
    if someone said they should repel the 2nd amendment people would be up in arms; these are the same people that want to get rid of the 14th amendment and disregard freedom of religion (unless your christian)
    whoa whoa whoa. let's not start claiming that wild and unreserved support for the Second Amendment means you have some problem with the Fourteenth Amendment
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    Radical Muslims is the issue and the sooner you realize/understand the point the better off you'll be. Seriously the majority of Americans (including myself) don't have issue(s) with moderate Muslims.....I couldn't care less. BTW can you prove that so many folks are converting to your so-called peaceful religion? otherwise it's just conjecture on your part. FYI 3,000 Americans lost their lives on 9/11 WTF does religion have to do with it? those terrorist (aka Radical Muslims) hated all Americans and our way of life.

i know alot of french people that hate america ...some are christian, some are muslim, hell we fought for their freedom and helped them in like 4wars and lead to us losing one.
    they hate the star and stripes so much they dont even want to speak english....are the french radical
    so what should we do about a french muslim because they have to be the worse....
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited August 2010
    they look like the president yall didn't know he swore in on the koran when he did it the second time around, not flimed mind you
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    and if the president was muslim so the ? what...
    but why did he have such a hardtime with a "radical pastor" that america wanted him to give up. then he gives him up and steps away from the church to apease whites and now they say hes a muslim..

white people are religion nitpickers looking for a reason to say someone is not doing a better job then there beloved bush
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited August 2010
    pralims wrote: »
    and if the president was muslim so the ? what...
    but why did he have such a hardtime with a "radical pastor" that america wanted him to give up. then he gives him up and steps away from the church to apease whites and now they say hes a muslim..

white people are religion nitpickers looking for a reason to say someone is not doing a better job then there beloved bush

cs^^^^^^^^ i was being sacarstic
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    you lying ? . I'll really be bold and dare you to call this renowned tattoo artist (link below) & ask him what he thought about thomas and his two dumbbells. Then come back and tell us what you found out about me.........go ahead i dare you to take my challenge.

http://www.wild-bills.com/

hey! ............ Slick

clint-eastwood-in-gran-torino1.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited August 2010
    i'm showing you proof, i don't wear it as well as millions of muslim women. nowhere in the quran does it say that you have to cover your head NOWHERE. women covered their heads in those areas be4 islam, judaism, and christianity. the madonna has her head covered doesn't she. people confuse hadith (which are all nothing but lies) wit the quran and that's where all these terrorists spring up.

The Quran is perfect; no mistakes, no falsehood, no nonsense.

"No falsehood could enter it (Quran), in the past or in the future; a revelation from a Most Wise, Praiseworthy." 41:42

North Africa is known for its Tribe (Tuareg) that have the Muslim men wearing "Hijab" instead of women. Here the tradition has the hijab in reverse. If wearing Hijab is the sign of the pious and righteous Muslim woman, Mother Teresa would have been the first woman to be counted.In certain areas of the world, men are the ones who wear the hijab while in others the women do.

Mixing religion with tradition is a form of idolworship, since the followers of traditions are following laws from sources other than ? 's scriptures and claim it to be from ? . Idolworship is the only unforgivable sin if maintained till death. Ignoring what ? asks you to do in His book, or following innovated laws not stated in the the Quran, is a clear sign of disregarding ? and His message.

Some Muslims quote verse 31, sura 24 as containing the word Hijab, or head cover, by pointing to the word, khomoorehenna, (from Khimar), forgetting that ? already used the word Hijab, several times in the Quran. The word "Khimar" in this verse is not for "Hijab" or for head cover. Those who quote this verse usually add (Head cover) (veil) after the word Khomoorehenna, and usually between ( ), because it is their addition to the verse not ? 's.

In 24:31 ? is asking the women to use their cover (khimar)( being a dress, a coat, a shawl, a shirt, a blouse, a tie, a scarf . . . etc.) to cover their bosoms, not their heads or their hairs. If ? so willed to order the women to cover their heads or their hair, nothing would have prevented Him from doing so. ? does not run out of words. ? does not forget. ? did not order the women to cover their heads or their hair. The Arabic word for CHEST, GAYB is in the verse (24:31), but the Arabic words for HEAD, (RAAS) or HAIR, (SHAAR) are NOT in the verse. The commandment in the verse is clear - COVER YOUR CHEST OR BOSOMS, but also the fabrication of the scholars and most of the translators is clear by claiming- cover your head or hair.

don't be a blind sheep. the quran is the simplest thing to understand. read it yourself and you will understand. you don't need to just follow or believe something just cuz some imam told you so. so many muslims are worse than the "kafirs" they talk about cuz they are pretty much worshiping muhammed and putting the hadiths over the quran.

damn slick....she ethered you sooooo bad.....i felt like apologizing for you