Big Krit>>T.I. (Agree or Disagree)

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Face Off Forum
This ? KRIT is rly impressing me. There's a couple of songs of his I can't listen to, but it's mostly cuz I don't like Southern hip hop too much. He is one of the best lyricists of recent eras, that "Children of the World" song is in constant rotation. I was never too impressed with T.I., He is better than average but not by much. IMO, KRIT is a much better lyricist than T.I. Thoughts?

Comments

• mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And we are off. Net nerds have found another "underground/up and coming" champion to compare to an established mainstream artist. In typical IC/Geek fashion going against the grain will be the obvious choice.

Getwitcha
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    krit is really nice and has got a nice mixtape but i gotta see more out the kid before just putting him over Ti who has dropped some really nice albums
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can tell ? haven't listened to ? a Mixtape.......take some of that advice and use it......TIP all day....

Krit.....go put your work in and pay some dues first....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Krit is dope as hell, but be for real give this ? like 8 years before you start comparing him to TI
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im huge fan of krit but sayin he's better than T.I. is kinda reachin. krit has alot of work to do before this comparison can be made. it's funny that this thread was made because krit reminded me of a young T.I too.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Aight, the reason I'm saying this is because I have never been wowed by a T.I. verse. I would never compare KRIT to someone like Ludacris or Dre 3000, but T.I. is crazy overrated in my mind. Name some T.I. verses that wowed you and I'll check e'm out because I'm not seeing the hype
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Krit hasn't been around long enough, IMO
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Aight, the reason I'm saying this is because I have never been wowed by a T.I. verse. I would never compare KRIT to someone like Ludacris or Dre 3000, but T.I. is crazy overrated in my mind. Name some T.I. verses that wowed you and I'll check e'm out because I'm not seeing the hype

im illy
    superstar remix
    trap muzik really made me a fan
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

I wouldn't say he is the "WoW" ing type of MC, but for me he is more relateable with his music, the reason I like his music.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You should use the term "Better" instead of "Greater (>>)," that's what throws people off.
    Edit: I see you did that in the poll, but not in the thread title.

"Hometown Hero" is dope
    "King" is dope

I just started listening to K.R.I.T yesterday though.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You should use the term "Better" instead of "Greater (>>)," that's what throws people off.
    Edit: I see you did that in the poll, but not in the thread title.

"Hometown Hero" is dope
    "King" is dope

I just started listening to K.R.I.T yesterday though.

Just to make sure y'all understand, This isn't a TIP hate thread, he is one of my favorite Southern MCs. But that dude KRIT is something else
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I need to check out Big K.R.I.T Wuz Here before i can really make a statement. Generally speaking, T.I isnt all that great, but he has hit songs. Big KRIT may be a better lyricist (personally reminds me of a more southern j.cole at times) but it remains to be seen whether he can craft hits

Very true. TIP isn't a stranger to the Billboards
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Krit is dope as hell, but be for real give this ? like 8 years before you start comparing him to TI

real talk..dis is borderline ridiculous...

at least let bruh drop an album...
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuh! You never heard a dope T.I. verse?! You kiddin, lol.

But K.R.I.T. been out since like '05. He like 5 albums deep, his formula is polished at this point, and people just catchin on. Real ? ? , he dope, but all he doin is recreating the styles of all the southern O.G.'s. That's why people compare him to T.I., ? C, MJG, etc...
  • dmfslimm
    dmfslimm Members Posts: 415
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I need to check out Big K.R.I.T Wuz Here before i can really make a statement. Generally speaking, T.I isnt all that great, but he has hit songs. Big KRIT may be a better lyricist (personally reminds me of a more southern j.cole at times) but it remains to be seen whether he can craft hits

u really should and while u at it u need to check out the michael watts version. only if u into screw.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Minus sales and longevity in the game Krit>>>>TI
  • dmfslimm
    dmfslimm Members Posts: 415
    edited August 2010
    Options
    that dude KRIT is something else

cosign fully. lyrics for days and he make his own beats. how he gonna get the samples cleared on the debut remains to be seen.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Minus sales and longevity in the game Krit>>>>TI

Complete co/s
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stupid thread when the track drops today I am pretty sure KRIT will not be able to compare lyrically to TIP, but nothing will change lames will make lame comments. Funny thing is dude is going to get murdered on a beat he built
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ti has been the most consistent rapper this decade

he know how to make every type of song

his flow is >>>
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    man this board amazes me!! some of yall must have ADHD

the thought of someone saying a promising kid with a handfull of mixtapes on the verge of releasing his first album is greater than a Proven veteran!

This is like saying John Wall is greater than Kobe Bryant!!

T.I practically invented the whole genre of Trap Muzik. Dude is a legend. I actually like KRIT but hes got a lot to prove that hes more than just a regional mixtape phenom and can appeal to a wider audience!
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    krit>>ti. but only by a little margin and only if he can keep it up in the years to come. ti and luda are prolly the most consistent/best rappers that transitioned to the mainstream and krit will prolly stay more underground.

lyrics- krit
    beats- t.i.
    albums as a whole- t.i.
    creativity- krit
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    krit>>ti. but only by a little margin and only if he can keep it up in the years to come. ti and luda are prolly the most consistent/best rappers that transitioned to the mainstream and krit will prolly stay more underground.

lyrics- krit
    beats- t.i.
    albums as a whole- t.i.
    creativity- krit

They will be on the same track later today and we will see about the whole Krit better than T.I. lyrically joke. Please my friend.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I never got the hype around T.I either. ? has always just been ehhh to me.
    That Hometown Hero joint by KRIT was when I first started ? w/ his music bout a year ago.
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    They will be on the same track later today and we will see about the whole Krit better than T.I. lyrically joke. Please my friend.

that we will