So yall think overall j.cole better than drake ? yourself now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol @ all of this girls been mad cuz drake sucks at rapping
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    To be completely honest, down here in new orleans all people were talking about was drake like 3 months ago...
    After he dropped his album, i haven't heard his name once...his shine is done.

I don't have to be in NO to know:

- 2 Drake songs on your radio station in constant rotation. Possibly 4 if they're on their ? like Philly.
    - Everybody in your clubs yells "Tellll Meeee what's really going on, Drizzy in this ? , I'm ready, what's happening!!" When Miss Me get's played.
    - If it ain't already, Miss Me will be Jam Of The Week on your MTV jams
    - If he hasn't already, Drakes gonna sell out a tour in your area
    - Somebody in your city is gonna contribute to Thank Me Later's platinum status.

Lol @ his shine being done. I bet your favorite rapper would LOVE to fall off like him.

People were talking about his album 3 months ago because they were anticipating. His and other great albums came out already. Damn, y'all delusional. I know how Cham feels when mfs be saying Nicki is gonna fall off (every year)
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't have to be in NO to know:

- 2 Drake songs on your radio station in constant rotation. Possibly 4 if they're on their ? like Philly.
    - Everybody in your clubs yells "Tellll Meeee what's really going on, Drizzy in this ? , I'm ready, what's happening!!" When Miss Me get's played.
    - If it ain't already, Miss Me will be Jam Of The Week on your MTV jams
    - If he hasn't already, Drakes gonna sell out a tour in your area
    - Somebody in your city is gonna contribute to Thank Me Later's platinum status.

Lol @ his shine being done. I bet your favorite rapper would LOVE to fall off like him.

People were talking about his album 3 months ago because they were anticipating. His and other great albums came out already. Damn, y'all delusional. I know how Cham feels when mfs be saying Nicki is gonna fall off (every year)

None of those are true except 2 songs being on the radio, dont mistake me for a hater though. Just being real.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol drake warriors on the loose....
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Beware wrote: »
    agreed, i ? with drake. and j cole is the most boring thing since a ? coma!!

and i challenge each and everyone of you muthafuckas to challenge my hip hop knowledge.

what was andre verse on da art of story telling part 2 about?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you must be out of your ? mind.

j.cole > drake

not even a ? comparison bro
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just another reason shock post, I can name too many new rappers that are better then Drake. As far as buzz Drake has the most but buzz doesn't mean ? too me, at the end of the day when you listen to their music it's all about the quality not the artist buzz in the media.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree Drake>>> J Cole

At least Drake has a personality in his music, J Cole is just bland. Not to mention Drake has a top 5 album this year.
  • HipHopinRaps
    HipHopinRaps Members Posts: 111
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this niqqas a joke, his top 10 consists of cartoon ass rappers aka young money. ? even got gudda gudda
    "I Like The Way You Walk, And If You Walking My Way,
    I'm That Red Bull, Now Let's Fly Away,
    Let's Buy A Place, With All Kind Of Space,
    I Let You Be The Judge, N-N And I’m The Case,
    I’m Gudda Gudda,
    I Put Her Under,
    I See Me With Her, No Stevie Wonder,
    She Don't Even Wonder, Cauz She Know She Bad,
    And I Got Her ? ,
    Grocery Bag." that must have been the stupidiest ? ever but ? funny yes i know stupidiest aint a word but its apropriate for this ? .
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    CTYO wrote: »
    what was andre verse on da art of story telling part 2 about?

sacha thumper. thats the literal answer. now you're probably gonna tell me that it was some metaphor ? but i never saw it like that so i stand by my answer!
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i agree drake>>> j cole

at least drake has a personality in his music, j cole is just bland. Not to mention drake has a top 5 album this year.

thank u jay z aint even worrying bouit that ? for real.. And he on roc nation......lol
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how is drake a better rapper when he

A) post comeback season cannot make a mixtape/album without big features and waterd down R&B singing
    B) J. Cole comes harder with punches and actually is talking about real ? not making club bangers

I listen to drake but honestly his album actually makes me go to sleep easier than J. Coles mixtape. The computerized R&B singing and slow beats of thank me later do not have energy or personality at all
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I ? with this J. Cole....

But I still find Drake more entertaining and overall got J. Cole...at the moment..
  • Monizzle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    I ? with this J. Cole....

But I still find Drake more entertaining and overall got J. Cole...at the moment..

hell yeah this song is ill
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    None of those are true except 2 songs being on the radio, dont mistake me for a hater though. Just being real.

Nobody buying Thank Me Later in the NO? Yeah, good job proving the bolded.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    how is drake a better rapper when he

A) post comeback season cannot make a mixtape/album without big features and waterd down R&B singing
    B) J. Cole comes harder with punches and actually is talking about real ? not making club bangers

I listen to drake but honestly his album actually makes me go to sleep easier than J. Coles mixtape. The computerized R&B singing and slow beats of thank me later do not have energy or personality at all

J Cole has lyrical ability no doubt, but he aint that good where he can rely on that alone. Drake is the better overall package IMO. He can spit a lil bit and he knows how to make SONGS, which is becoming a lost art in hiphop. I havent given up completely on JCole but I honestly have to admit that there is nothing special that sticks out about him to me. Dude is just boring
  • Monizzle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    J Cole has lyrical ability no doubt, but he aint that good where he can rely on that alone. Drake is the better overall package IMO. He can spit a lil bit and he knows how to make SONGS, which is becoming a lost art in hiphop. I havent given up completely on JCole but I honestly have to admit that there is nothing special that sticks out about him to me. Dude is just boring

but another lost art is making an album/mixtape where you dont have to skip songs. I don't listen through thank me later i pick and choose songs from it depending on what im feeling. But when i listen to the warm up by J. Cole i can listen through it fully without any stops. I can understand if people think J cole doesnt have pop top 40 club song structure but he comes hard every track. Plus for a "summer" album thank me later feels like a dry cold winter album that honestly seems alot more boring than J. Coles warm up album.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to the t/s yes io do and nah breh you first
  • Monizzle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dog get outta here with this ? man i dont feel like arguing with yo hoe ass ok!!!!!!!!!!!

if you think thats ? you should take a look at your top 10 rappers list lol one day after you suck some more ? youll be president of the young money fan club
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like J.cole better but i cant even hate on drake tho

Room for improvement was good

comeback season was good

n so far gone really got him where hes at

I mean those werent mixtapes where it was fire front to back but it had good material on it n his subject matter was somethin different then these artist nowadays, n even his rhyme skills was dope

Thank me later has good tracks too light up, fireworks, up all night, miss me, over, show me a gooditme, unforgettable.

I gotta give him credit.

but still j.cole>>drake

but i hope both of them still keep goin n make their mark in this hip hop game cuz the game needs these cats right now
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Two different type of artist. Threadstarter is stupid for even comparing the two.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if i had a dollar......
    Drake though.
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lyrically
    J Cole>>Drake
    Overall Artist
    Drake>>J Cole
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Drake??????????????????????????????? LOOOOOOOOL. Who is Drake better than? Not J.Cole.
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im hiphop and all, but i aint heard no j cole. all i know from him is when he got cut off on the BET awards.

and his name reminds me of Martin's friend.

but imma download his ? . any GOAT mixtapes yall reconmend?