Better Than Spike Lee

Options
Brova
Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
fgarygray.jpgdze6m9.jpg

Props to F. Gary Gray for bein versatile, and makin flicks that aint always about racism and brooklyn. Dude can make, Friday, Set It Off, and The Italian Job and have them all be bangers. THAT'S diverse subject matter.

Comments

• mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Brova wrote: »
    fgarygray.jpgdze6m9.jpg

Props to F. Gary Gray for bein versatile, and makin flicks that aint always about racism and brooklyn. Dude can make, Friday, Set It Off, and The Italian Job and have them all be bangers. THAT'S diverse subject matter.

Just because you make versatile flicks doesn't mean they are better. He hasn't made anything close to Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, 25th Hour, or Inside Man. So therefore he is not better than Spike. Like his movies though.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wtf is up with Marine's avi pic up there???...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Wtf is up with Marine's avi pic up there???...

same ? i was thinkn...
  • Brova
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mldardy wrote: »
    Just because you make versatile flicks doesn't mean they are better. He hasn't made anything close to Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, 25th Hour, or Inside Man. So therefore he is not better than Spike. Like his movies though.

Italian Job was better than 25th Hour and Inside Man. Do The Right Thing and Malcolm X are overrated.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    USMarine?

• rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    USMarine?

• Brova
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They look alike. Thought it was funny.
  • Brova
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah. Wake up.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wasn't this the same ? who made that ? movie with Jamie Foxx and Gerald Butler? LMAO, ? please!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nope.. Spike Lee >

Its only seems that black people.. should be DIVERSE.. no one says ? about scorcese. or M Night sham.. ? out of there.. and he has made plenty films more recently.. and he made films that otherwise wouldnt have been made.. Making what you feel should be said/ scene is not a bad thing.. He made films on his own dime.. own creative controll.. thats power.. I like F Gary Gray also.. but .. fallback
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL! Spike Lee created universal classics - Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, Jungle Fever. Calling him versatile compared to Lee's work is a joke too. Dude made one cult classic (Friday) and that's it.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Italian Job was a bag of ? , and compared to the original it's a load of ? . Just because he made Friday doesn't mean he's automatically on a level with Spike Lee who has made countless great films
  • Brova
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Every Spike Lee film is the same, and he tries to cram too many ideas into one movie(She Hate Me, Girl 6, etc.). F. Gary Gray can make a "Friday" and then turn around and make "The Negotiator" with Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey. Can Spike do that? Miracle At St. Anna sucked! Law Abiding Citizen was a solid movie.

F. Gary Gray has done a stoner comedy, action movies, and a movie about women criminals. Spike makes movies about Cosby show, bougie people and how much better they are than black people in the lower class and how evil the white man is. That ? gets boring after awhile. He even tried to cram a "messsag" into Inside Man. WTF?
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Every Spike Lee film is the same, and he tries to cram too many ideas into one movie(She Hate Me, Girl 6, etc.). F. Gary Gray can make a "Friday" and then turn around and make "The Negotiator" with Samuel L. Jackson and Kevin Spacey. Can Spike do that? Miracle At St. Anna sucked! Law Abiding Citizen was a solid movie.

F. Gary Gray has done a stoner comedy, action movies, and a movie about women criminals. Spike makes movies about Cosby show, bougie people and how much better they are than black people in the lower class and how evil the white man is. That ? gets boring after awhile. He even tried to cram a "messsag" into Inside Man. WTF?

You're just spewing out your opinion...

The general consensus on this thread (yours) is that Spike >>> FGG
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    You're just spewing out your opinion...

The general consensus on this thread (yours) is that Spike >>> FGG

Basically.. if Spike is to black.. too conscious.. too opinionated for you then say it...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I really hope nobody says miracle at st. Anna was a decent movie. That movie was ? trash.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I really hope nobody says miracle at st. Anna was a decent movie. That movie was ? trash.

I liked it ..*gary coleman shrug*
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I liked it ..*gary coleman shrug*

What was there to like about it? I honestly can't think of one thing.

Did you like it, or do you think it wasn't trash?
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    What was there to like about it? I honestly can't think of one thing.

Did you like it, or do you think it wasn't trash?

I liked it.. what would qualify as trash?.. and i mean if it was "trash" hes made more than enough gems to make "trash"

Um idk the whole deal with the kid .. and the last soldier were the major part of the story .. i like it

what as trash about it..? I have seen worse movies. I think he has a pretty good record from trash.. to class movies
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Score was ? .

Editing was ? .

There was no miracle. Only a coincidence.

Nazis baynetting children. Get the ? out.

The ? child with the gentle giant was ? .

Story got bogged way down and just dragged on forever.

All Spike Lee's racist ? combined with glaring historical innacuracies.

The obly redeeming white character was a ? ? officer that gives dude a pistol at the end.

? Ice Slop scene. The ? is ice slop?
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Racist spike lee ? ....Do explain

History..has historical inaccuracies.. its a movie.. every movie takes liberties with the truth.. and romanticizes / fabricates..
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For the record... I didn't like Miracle At St. Anna's... even though he was paying homage to those soldiers

I didn't like Inside Man either...

25th Hour has being his last till ? IMO... that looked like a real joint

I'm looking foward to the new NO doc...
  • Will Munny
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Racist spike lee ? ....Do explain

History..has historical inaccuracies.. its a movie.. every movie takes liberties with the truth.. and romanticizes / fabricates..

Okay "racist" isn't the correct term, but goes out of his way to subtle statements about not so subtle statements. No way did white officers ? on black soldiers like that one officer did in the beginning, and the young black female lawyer replacing the old white male
    lawyer. I always thought it was common knowledge Spike Lee hate d white people.

Oh yeah, look at my name... look who spike lee has fired shots at before...

and I think he could have done a far better job paying homage to black soldiers in WWII. He should have made the movie about black soldiers... Not stupid Italian Partisans... And adumbass Massacre and a ? statue head with an autistic kid sprinkled in.
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Italian Job was better than 25th Hour and Inside Man. Do The Right Thing and Malcolm X are overrated.

If you believe this than you don't know anything about movies or what constitutes a good quality movie.
  • rip.dilla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mldardy wrote: »
    If you believe this than you don't know anything about movies or what constitutes a good quality movie.

Dude is a lame ass troll... LOL