"Black Roots Science" .... Let's talk about it...

Options

Comments

• Ra_Nkala
    Ra_Nkala Members Posts: 48
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i suggest you start with the most basic astronomy reading material since it sounds like you really dont even know the first thing about the real science of the universe

the aptly titled "the universe in a nutshell" by dr. stephen hawking is good and even has big pictures you can look at

i dnt have to do anything, u made claims, and have yet to show and prove anything except the fact that you are a ? , so your credit is zero

i suggest you read a book on methodology b4 you make another thread
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Black Roots Science is the ?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    no

the difference is that modern science documents verifiable evidence to support its claims and doesn't say "we got this knowledge from our ancestors, just trust me"

Wrong. Pick up an astronomy book instead of googling racist websites and maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Not all the time. Modern Science hasn't determined anything, yet. You do know that scientist disagree on the age of the universe don't you? You know why? Well, it is actually quite simple. They don't know what the ? they are talmbout. And since arrogance and their credibility, and job are on the line, they just throw up arbritary numbers nestled in scientific jargon, that the general populace can't understand and now you have a "qualified expert". Their figures are constantly changing. Drastically.

How can you verify something that could not be measured because there was no one to record it? And B what evidence do they have? And C who verified it? THEY DON'T HAVE EVIDENCE. They think they have evidence. That is a big, big difference. In a court of law, no Astronomer would make that claim under oath, that what they have is anything other than guess work. Studied. But guess work, nonetheless.

Before the Hubble telescope, the estimates were in the millions. In the nineties, the range was 10-20 billion, which is really amusing. How old is your car? 10-20 years. lol
    Now the estimate is 13.7 billion. It will change in a few years, watch. Instead of throwing out estimates, they should fall back and say "We don't know yet we will get back to you". So when it changes in a couple years are you gonna quote that figure too, to try to pass that off as proof of your knowledge?
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    memphis wrote: »
    what the ? is up with all the anti-semitism on this site. You guys are ? pieces of ? and should die a slow death, you ? -esque pieces of ? .

Anti semitism is a misnomer and a bigoted term. Black people are Semitic in origin. And most of the people who use the term to describe themselves are not.

It was by design though, so carry on....
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Not all the time. Modern Science hasn't determined anything, yet. You do know that scientist disagree on the age of the universe don't you? You know why? Well, it is actually quite simple. They don't know what the ? they are talmbout. And since arrogance and their credibility, and job are on the line, they just throw up arbritary numbers nestled in scientific jargon, that the general populace can't understand and now you have a "qualified expert". Their figures are constantly changing. Drastically.

How can you verify something that could not be measured because there was no one to record it? And B what evidence do they have? And C who verified it? THEY DON'T HAVE EVIDENCE. They think they have evidence. That is a big, big difference. In a court of law, no Astronomer would make that claim under oath, that what they have is anything other than guess work. Studied. But guess work, nonetheless.

Before the Hubble telescope, the estimates were in the millions. In the nineties, the range was 10-20 billion, which is really amusing. How old is your car? 10-20 years. lol
    Now the estimate is 13.7 billion. It will change in a few years, watch. Instead of throwing out estimates, they should fall back and say "We don't know yet we will get back to you". So when it changes in a couple years are you gonna quote that figure too, to try to pass that off as proof of your knowledge?

Actually it is 4.5 billion years old. The 13.7 is the universe.

And there is proof.

I know you probably don't believe in radometric dating but the oldest rocks we have discovered date back to about 3.9 billion years. Which coincides with the BBT because the Earth in its beginning would have been completely molten. That isn't the sure fire way but it does establish the lower limit which means it is at least 4 billion years old.

The more meaningful way is by measuring pb/pb Isochron age. Most of this dating comes from meteorites which all lead to around the 4.5 mark.

Whenever Lunar Rocks, Earths rocks, and Meteorites all coincide with the same time frame it's hard to argue with that.

And who argues with it's date outside of Black Roots, Creationists, Scientology, and Young Earth creationists? I think the general consensus among the scientific community is that it is in fact about 4.5 billion years old.
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually it is 4.5 billion years old. The 13.7 is the universe.

And there is proof.

I know you probably don't believe in radometric dating but the oldest rocks we have discovered date back to about 3.9 billion years. Which coincides with the BBT because the Earth in its beginning would have been completely molten. That isn't the sure fire way but it does establish the lower limit which means it is at least 4 billion years old.

The more meaningful way is by measuring pb/pb Isochron age. Most of this dating comes from meteorites which all lead to around the 4.5 mark.

Whenever Lunar Rocks, Earths rocks, and Meteorites all coincide with the same time frame it's hard to argue with that.

And who argues with it's date outside of Black Roots, Creationists, Scientology, and Young Earth creationists? I think the general consensus among the scientific community is that it is in fact about 4.5 billion years old.

I was speaking of the universe not the Earth. The term General Consensus is meaningless. Most Western minds thought the Earth was flat and persecuted anyone who thought otherwise.

If I asked most people on this board to actually show me the technology and how it works,and how they came to the mathematical conclusions they did. They couldn't do it. Intellectual pigs most of us are. We eat up everything with no filtering process to separate the truth from the falsehood.

So basically what your saying is the age depends upon a method admittedly not perfect or absolute and the earliest artifact they could find, not that exist but could find?

I'm cool..I'll wait....................
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not against Science. True Science. Not this linear approach to the explanation of all things.

But I don't think anyone, Black People in particular, should take what they say on face value, because well.. how can I say this..... them ? lie.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited August 2010
    Options
    them ? lie.

Who doesnt?
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    Who doesnt?

Im speaking specifically, not generally.
  • oliverlang
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im speaking specifically, not generally.

So am I...specifically, who doesn't lie?
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So am I...specifically, who doesn't lie?

Don't know. Don't care.

We were talking about scientists who have been known to fudge and hedge and present their "findings" as truth or facts.

Stick to the subject matter at hand, then maybe I won't have to son you as often. Hah!
  • oliverlang
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't know. Don't care.

We were talking about scientists who have been known to fudge and hedge and present their "findings" as truth or facts.

Stick to the subject matter at hand, then maybe I won't have to son you as often. Hah!

In your own words...
    Translation: You called my bluff and pulled my card. Rather than man up and admit you have a point, I rather ? up and play the lurking virus and identity theft card.

however in this case, it would be the "don't know don't care" card. haha.
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In your own words...

however in this case, it would be the "don't know don't care" card. haha.

I could see how you can say that ....maybe...... except for the fact that I used the word "them" as referring to the scientists.

So you know...............

I feel like Mayer Rothschild and King Fahd. I got a lot of sons.

Besides to lie is an illusion because there are no absolutes.

LOL.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was speaking of the universe not the Earth. The term General Consensus is meaningless. Most Western minds thought the Earth was flat and persecuted anyone who thought otherwise.

If I asked most people on this board to actually show me the technology and how it works,and how they came to the mathematical conclusions they did. They couldn't do it. Intellectual pigs most of us are. We eat up everything with no filtering process to separate the truth from the falsehood.

So basically what your saying is the age depends upon a method admittedly not perfect or absolute and the earliest artifact they could find, not that exist but could find?

I'm cool..I'll wait....................

LOL ? everyone thought the world was flat, not just "western" minds.

And this is where you lose yourself. It is true radiometric and carbon dating aren't fool proof, however they are accurate to within a 3,000 year period. And we are speaking the difference of trillions of years not thousands. But lets just say they are completely wrong and both radiometric and carbon dating are completely wrong, where is the evidence that Isochron testing is wrong?

The only valid argument you could have against Isochron testing is that because at a certain time meteors die and disappear just as the longest living trees only have 5,000 year life spans.

But there is much more that has been used to try and determine the age of the Earth and the universe.

And from what I have seen your only version of true science is from black people who preach supreme mathematics and believe white people are created in a laboratory.
  • Ra_Nkala
    edited August 2010
    Options

no just Eurasia i believe
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options

Uh, no. Many Asian and African travelers knew the Earth was round. There are even maps you can see date back long before the Western world came into this knowledge.
    And from what I have seen your only version of true science is from black people who preach supreme mathematics and believe white people are created in a laboratory.

With all due respect ? . You can google some ? to make yourself sound intelligent but the reality is you can not erase your early bumbling idiocy. The fact that you think the rest of the world did not know the Earth was round shows how light in the ass you are. I don't know what Supreme Mathematics is. I have never cosigned no such thing. You don't know the history of what you speak of, so it's best that you go practice your jumper and leave it alone.

And for the record, I used to do independent contract work for Harlan Labs and they used to make white lab mice through control breeding all the time. They would start with darker haired mice and go from there . There are many companies that are involved in this work, they do it with flowers and other vegetation all the time. So before you start bumping your gums, know what you speak of ? .

Your an intellectual pig. You cant separate fact from theory. So jut like the pig, everything you eat becomes a part of you because it has a poor digestive system. You accept everything just because it sounds good, some of it contradictory and conflicting.

And for another record Cheezywun, every color on the spectrum put together makes black. That is who I learn from. Think about it.

Now we can go back to being respectful, or I can melt you it is up to you.

I'm being nice......
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options

And this is where you lose yourself. It is true radiometric and carbon dating aren't fool proof, however they are accurate to within a 3,000 year period. And we are speaking the difference of trillions of years not thousands. But lets just say they are completely wrong and both radiometric and carbon dating are completely wrong, where is the evidence that Isochron testing is wrong?

The only valid argument you could have against Isochron testing is that because at a certain time meteors die and disappear just as the longest living trees only have 5,000 year life spans. .

Does anybody really believe a ? that shoots jumpers for a living and flunked out of 10th grade in a depressed steel mill town knows anything about Isochron testing other than what he read on the internet from someone else? ? your a trained seal, the only difference is when he puts a ball through a hoop, they throw him a fish. You only say that because that is what you read on the internet, stop trying to act like your Stephen Hawking or Carl Sagan. Stop it man.

Show me the proof that there is only a 3000 year margin of error. Show me how you arrived at that conclusion. You bigged up Isochron testing, so the burden of proof is on you not me.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To say one dating is false and another correct, one would have to provide evidence of the correct date. Doesnt look like either one can be absolutely correct, yet.
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    To say one dating is false and another correct, one would have to provide evidence of the correct date. Doesnt look like either one can be absolutely correct, yet.

Now, I can go with this.
  • Ra_Nkala
    edited August 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

quoted for emphasis
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Uh, no. Many Asian and African travelers knew the Earth was round. There are even maps you can see date back long before the Western world came into this knowledge.

There are also maps from Europe suggesting the world was not flat. What is that point?

The truth is most of the world still thought it was flat.

And if you really don't know anything about Supreme mathematics I would be shocked.

As for the mice, I never said it wasn't possible, I'm saying there is no evidence at all to support this. If you have evidence through at least 4 different texts from different civilizations then I might look deeper into it. But saying that because you can change the color of mice fur symbolizes that its true your ? nuts.

And I know everything starts from black, never said it didn't. My belief is the change of pigments occurred through evolution, not genetic engineering.

Does anybody really believe a ? that shoots jumpers for a living and flunked out of 10th grade in a depressed steel mill town knows anything about Isochron testing other than what he read on the internet from someone else? ? your a trained seal, the only difference is when he puts a ball through a hoop, they throw him a fish. You only say that because that is what you read on the internet, stop trying to act like your Stephen Hawking or Carl Sagan. Stop it man.

Show me the proof that there is only a 3000 year margin of error. Show me how you arrived at that conclusion. You bigged up Isochron testing, so the burden of proof is on you not me.

Lol get mad and resort to name calling.... Aight then.
    I didn't flunk out of 10th grade btw. The coaches rules were a 3.5 or higher to play. I had a 3.1, I passed just fine.

As for the 3000 year margin of error, I did get that off of a few different websites and books. I don't know a shitload about it that's why I didn't back it up. As for Isochrons I do happen to know about them, just because I played ball for 6 years doesn't mean that's all I know, judgmental much?

Do you agree that mathematics are the universal language which can separate fact from theory?

The Isochron dating relies much more on mathematical support than it does scientific chemistry as radiometric dating doesn't.

Funny how you get so upset because I follow science as a whole and not just one race's science. I feel bad for you that you feel 100% of "white" science is wrong.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Black Roots Science is the ?

• oliverlang
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I

Besides to lie is an illusion because there are no absolutes.

LOL.

lmao........
  • And Step
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There are also maps from Europe suggesting the world was not flat. What is that point?

The truth is most of the world still thought it was flat

That is not true. Most of the world does not and did not reside in Europe
    And if you really don't know anything about Supreme mathematics I would be shocked.

I know alot about it. Just don't subscribe to it. I know about Wiccan, Jain, and Bahai. Doesn't mean I adhere to it. You tried to come with some sideways ? and I checked you.
    As for the mice, I never said it wasn't possible, I'm saying there is no evidence at all to support this. If you have evidence through at least 4 different texts from different civilizations then I might look deeper into it. But saying that because you can change the color of mice fur symbolizes that its true your ? nuts.

And I know everything starts from black, never said it didn't. My belief is the change of pigments occurred through evolution, not genetic engineering.

I brought up mice, plant, and other vegetation. Going through changes of pigmentation can happen from one generation to the next. Black people have the most varied genetic expression of any people on the planet. Did you see the Nigerian couple give birth to the white baby?
    ]Lol get mad and resort to name calling.... Aight then.

I'm not mad. I just came at you with something to let you know, don't throw those little jabs and expect not to get jabbed back.
    I didn't flunk out of 10th grade btw. The coaches rules were a 3.5 or higher to play. I had a 3.1, I passed just fine.

Man please. Aliquippa High School requires a 3.5 to play? FOH, ? you lying.

As for the 3000 year margin of error, I did get that off of a few different websites and books. I don't know a shitload about it that's why I didn't back it up. As for Isochrons I do happen to know about them, just because I played ball for 6 years doesn't mean that's all I know, judgmental much?

Your right I was being judgmental. But hey you were too. With that Supreme Mathematics comment....
    Do you agree that mathematics are the universal language which can separate fact from theory?

The Isochron dating relies much more on mathematical support than it does scientific chemistry as radiometric dating doesn't.

Most definitely. PYTHAGORAS had it right when he said Number was omnipotent.

Funny how you get so upset because I follow science as a whole and not just one race's science. I feel bad for you that you feel 100% of "white" science is wrong.

What are you talking about? Did you see me say that I learn from all colors of the spectrum. The aspect of genetics I was speaking on was pioneered by Gregor Mendel, a European Christian Monk. There is no such thing as one race's science. Nearly everything we know was built on the foundation of the science of another people from a different time and another place.

You just have a myopic view of people who don't subscribe to a tommish view of things. I am under a course of study right know that is being administered to me through white people. I got teachers and friends from all walks of life. I don't trip over race, but I will not let race trip over me. I jut happened to know it would be better for all if Black people to a self serving stance rather than trying to fit in to a system that is diametrically opposed to their well being and really most of humanity.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That is not true. Most of the world does not and did not reside in Europe

Never said it did. I said that there were maps in Europe also that suggest the Earth was round.

They may not be as old as others, but there were beliefs from every group of people that the world was round. The widely accepted theory was that the Earth was flat though and Ill stand by that.
    I know alot about it. Just don't subscribe to it. I know about Wiccan, Jain, and Bahai. Doesn't mean I adhere to it. You tried to come with some sideways ? and I checked you.

My bad on that then, I get you and Hrap confused at times.
    I brought up mice, plant, and other vegetation. Going through changes of pigmentation can happen from one generation to the next. Black people have the most varied genetic expression of any people on the planet. Did you see the Nigerian couple give birth to the white baby?

Yea I seen it. That is my belief though that white people were spread through evolution. It is fact as you stated that genetics vary and black being the original color it produced white offspring. But the large population of whites and the variations of light skin tones among strictly white regions IMO occurred through evolution. Not monkey-man evolution but during the time we as a species of people were becoming better adapted to our enviornment.
    I'm not mad. I just came at you with something to let you know, don't throw those little jabs and expect not to get jabbed back.

I took shots at your beliefs, you try and get personal. Its whatever though ain't nothin serious just me trying to get you mad.
    Man please. Aliquippa High School requires a 3.5 to play? FOH, ? you lying.

Coach Emerson wanted a 3.5 for his program. Right now my cousin plays for him and he wants him to keep it above 3.2 You could go to the school and ask em.
    The football program now as long as you attend school 60% of the year they don't give a ? . That might have changed to now though being the AD took over as coach.

Your right I was being judgmental. But hey you were too. With that Supreme Mathematics comment....

Again my bad I get your views and Hraps confused at times, I am starting to realize your views on race are far from what I thought they were at first though.

What are you talking about? Did you see me say that I learn from all colors of the spectrum. The aspect of genetics I was speaking on was pioneered by Gregor Mendel, a European Christian Monk. There is no such thing as one race's science. Nearly everything we know was built on the foundation of the science of another people from a different time and another place.

99% of the time when I hear a ? speaking about they don't believe "Western" science it always comes back to "white devils are putting out false info"

You were bashing western science as if nothing in it were true and it is all skewed info, I have to roll with the chances that are given.
    You just have a myopic view of people who don't subscribe to a tommish view of things. I am under a course of study right know that is being administered to me through white people. I got teachers and friends from all walks of life. I don't trip over race, but I will not let race trip over me. I jut happened to know it would be better for all if Black people to a self serving stance rather than trying to fit in to a system that is diametrically opposed to their well being and really most of humanity.

@ the bolded I don't. There are alot of "white" things I am against. I just stand for things I believe are ? . For instance people saying all of history and all colleges teach is ? and lies, while some do, there is still alot of knowledge that can be learned from those programs if you learn to decipher, but it aint a black/white thing, everyone is getting that ? teaching. And Not everyone is out to change your history. Everything you want to know is there if you look. Not saying you in particular, but I put you into place with others sometimes and that's my bad, i teach not to judge but I do at times.

As for the rest that's what I been learning the last week or so. I used to believe you were racist, now I'm beginning to see it's not a black/white thing with you but rather an independent thing. It's not oh I won't work for white devils because... well just ? them they're all racist. But rather you don't want to conform to a system that from step 1 was designed for us to fail and falter on. The only difference I have in that is that as of right now the way things are going it's becoming the same way for all races in America. The system was designed to ? us and is now beginning to ? everyone else as well.