Remember when Jodeci reunited at the 1st BET Awards in 2001?

Options
mrjun18
mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
edited August 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
You can probably find the video on youtube somewhere if you can't remember this, but these n1ggas was coked out (especially DeVante)...I think they were annoucing an award for Outkast or something like that, and these ? just looked terrible and high as a kite after not seeing them together for years after the group parted ways in 1995...One of the most "smh" moments in black music history IMO.

Does anyone else remember this and feel embrassed for them?

Comments

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    only things i remember 4rm that show is whitney crazy ass & eve acting crazy: "I'm representin"!!!!
    that whole awards show was cringe-worthy
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited August 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    only things i remember 4rm that show is whitney crazy ass & eve acting crazy: "I'm representin"!!!!
    that whole awards show was cringe-worthy

LOL... was that when Eve was wavin the Sixers jersey because they was inthe finals with L.A. and got they ? slapped anyway? smh @ eve...

and Whitney...lol. no comment... ? is a helluva drug...
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I remember being happy as hell when they were brought out...Then being let down when I really got a good look at them. I knew then that they'd never get back together. It is always sad to see people I really liked so out of it.
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I remember that ? . It was like "this is what everyone is comparing Dru Hill and Jagged Edge to? Saying they need to come back and show them how its done". Nah. Let the tapes do that because those negros are finito. Pathetic.
  • McGeeAKey
    McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jodeci was my favorite group of all time, wtf happened to them?

K-ci let fame get to this head,JoJo aint the same anymore,Devante look like he strung out and Dalvin just seem chilled out

music aint the same anymore dog.Dru Hill came too damn late anyway to drop an album

Jodeci use too come out with listenable Albums,and remixes to their hits.Now they just suck
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Those cats were my favorite R&B act from the 90s. K-Ci and JoJo's singing behind Devante's production and Dalvin's songwriting equaled the truth. Those groups that came along later like Jagged Edge, Dru Hill, and 112 should pay homage to them. They were the first group I ever saw with that bad boy image that made songs with strong sexual undertones. They were probably the last real artists from that new jack swing era.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BET keeps trying to reunite people who don't want to be. lol
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Man Jodeci is the best R&B group to me of all time. but its over for them as a group which is sad. K-Ci and JoJo are doing good tho, Devante and Dalvin i dont know what they doing.

K-ci and JoJo were on the Jamie Foxx radio show and they talked about how they first got a deal and some of the things that took place after the money came
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

from the begining of this video until 1:40 JoJo gives a real good testimony on how they lost there way. From 5:40 to 7:00 K-ci talks about Devante producing Freaking You. Devante was a fool for what he did in the studio.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you mean the night devonte came out with the platform spice girl shoes on? yes i remember. I remember that being the moment I realized they werent ever coming back