If you could ask ? one question what would it be?

Options
2»

Comments

• TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would ask what was the purpose in having an entire solar system full of planets and making earth the only inhabitable planet. I would also ask why we cant adjust to breathe in space
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Who said Earth was the only inhabitable planet. They have found water on Mars. Water is the basis of life.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Who said Earth was the only inhabitable planet. They have found water on Mars. Water is the basis of life.

There is known water on at least 5 planets.

But sometimes TX throws out things that are ... well they aren't very smart.

He knows there was water on Mars. We discussed it and I believe his answer was"Well why don't we see life anywhere now?"
  • TX_Made713
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i dont even feel like getting into that discussion.

there is theory behind what i say regardless if you agree or disagree with it. earth is the only inhabitable planet as of right now. there is liquid methane all over the moon titan. there is no liquid water on mars which is why its impossible to be an inhabitable planet as of current. the water there is locked in a cryospheres on the planet. its a small amount of water vapor in the atmosphere if this is what your referring to but still impossible to sustain life. I dont feel like breaking down every planet in the solar system to explain why its impossible to have life live on it. do your research

earth is the only planet in the solar system that is suitable to hold life up and i want to know why.

it isnt that i say things that "Arent very smart" . its more the things i say your just not comprehending
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    i dont even feel like getting into that discussion.

there is theory behind what i say regardless if you agree or disagree with it. earth is the only inhabitable planet as of right now. there is liquid methane all over the moon titan. there is no liquid water on mars which is why its impossible to be an inhabitable planet as of current. the water there is locked in a cryospheres on the planet. its a small amount of water vapor in the atmosphere if this is what your referring to but still impossible to sustain life

MMMMM.... No..

there is ice on mars and valleys and gorges showing where larger rivers and creeks have flowed.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What have black people done to deserve the type of treatment that we've recieved over alllllllllllllllll these years.
  • TX_Made713
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MMMMM.... No..

there is ice on mars and valleys and gorges showing where larger rivers and creeks have flowed.

#1. look up the word cryospheres. There are polar caps on mars
    #2. was and is are two different things. you say it WAS water on mars when even the scientist just speculate. they are guessing
    "It could be acidic water, it could be briny water, it could carry lots of sediment or be slushy, but [it appears that] water is involved," Edgett added.

your speaking as if you took a dive in a river on mars at one point. as you can clearly read, nothing solid has been proven. even if it is water, its probably acidic which still would make it inhabitable

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/12/061206-mars-water.html

for all we know this could be liquid methane as well. its just a bunch of guesses, hopes, and dreams. mars is and always was an inhabitable planet
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    #1. look up the word cryospheres. There are polar caps on mars
    #2. was and is are two different things. you say it WAS water on mars when even the scientist just speculate. they are guessing

your speaking as if you took a dive in a river on mars at one point. as you can clearly read, nothing solid has been proven. even if it is water, its probably acidic which still would make it inhabitable

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/12/061206-mars-water.html

for all we know this could be liquid methane as well. its just a bunch of guesses, hopes, and dreams. mars is and always was in inhabitable planet

Well when you have photographic evidence and soil samples that show the valleys and gorges I think thats pretty solid evidence that water was there. Waterways don't form with no water.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Does Beyonce have one of the greatest videos of all time.
    No answer... just a shrug
  • TX_Made713
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well when you have photographic evidence and soil samples that show the valleys and gorges I think thats pretty solid evidence that water was there. Waterways don't form with no water.

water exists on mars only in the form of ice. if the ice magically melts then there would be water on mars for a short period of time only to freeze again due to the extremely cold temperatures. on the flip side If the ice ever melts then it would generate oxygen and mars would be a step closer to being an inhabitable planet. The temperatures on mars is always below freezing which would make it impossible for any type of free flowing water to exist. For assumptions sake, In earlier times maybe there WAS some type of small amount of water flowing on mars. Keep in mind in earlier times the air pressure was waay higher due to mars not being as far away from the sun as it is now. These "river beds" that you see are a ghost image of that. even during these times it was STILL impossible for life to exist on mars as sulfur dioxide might have covered the planet. so either way you put it humans would die within 5 seconds in both the past and the present.

dont just go off what you heard. do your research before you jump to conclusions. there never was nor is a planet capable of maintaining life in the solar system, other wise it would exist there.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is known water on at least 5 planets.

But sometimes TX throws out things that are ... well they aren't very smart.

That's his gimmick. He likes his threads to do numbers. So he throws something out there over the plate, somebody smacks it out the park, and he comes back and does the same thing again. He increases the batting average in this place. If you are in a slump he will bring you out. I think it's an act personally. Nobody can be serious like that and get continuously ? slapped in their own thread and still come back for more.

Yep, it's an act I tell ya.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    water exists on mars only in the form of ice. if the ice melts then there would be water on mars for a short period of time. who knows why type of water that is. If the ice ever melts then it would generate oxygen and mars would be a step closer to being an inhabitable planet. The temperatures on mars is always below freezing which would make it impossible for any type of free flowing water to exist.For assumptions sake, In earlier times maybe there WAS some type of small amount of water flowing on mars. Keep in mind in earlier times the air pressure was waay higher due to mars not being as far away from the sun as it is now. These "river beds" that you see are a ghost image of that. even during these times it was STILL impossible for life to exist on mars as sulfur dioxide might have covered the planet. so either way you put it humans would die within 5 seconds in both the past and the present.

Lol what is hard to comprehend about water gorges being formed by.... RUNNING WATER!. We know there was water on it. We KNOW this.

Whether it was acidic or not we don't but it has no implications. Their are organisms on Earth that are able to and do live in acidic waters, places with no oxygen, etc...

You keep taking people from one type of system and placing their needs as if it would be universal. We are from this planet, whether created or evolution the simple fact is this is our home. We use what is here to make up our system. 1 million years ago their could have been people on mars who didn't succumb to limited oxygen as we would, who would die from pressure like we would. Look at amphibious animals, they can adapt to survive on land or in water, two completely different environments.
  • TX_Made713
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whatever helps you sleep at night chozen. its all good.

But until the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter started circling the planet and the Phoenix Mars Lander landed on it, most people assumed that if Mars once had liquid water, it hadn't for some time. The planet's atmosphere and temperature make the idea of liquid water seem impossible. The planet is extremely dry, and its distance from the sun keeps the temperature between 22 and -124 degrees Fahrenheit (-5.5 and -86.7 degrees Celsius).

However, liquid water on Mars wouldn't necessarily be the same as liquid water on Earth. If the water were highly acidic, for example, it would have a lower freezing point and could maintain its liquid state in the chilly climate [source: Lovett].

point being made, mars was never able to sustain any human life nor anything else outside of microscopic organism. all the planets have similar backgrounds in the very beginning. if the conditions were as you try to put it on mars it wouldnt be a question of if there is life

my original post was asking why ? didnt make conditions right for humans to exist on other planets so all other possible organism that could adapt to whatever conditions on mars is irrelevant to this conversation.