2Pac or Jay Z? (Better Catalog)

Options

Comments

• t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    but if pac was alive j wouldnt have all that & pac would have so much MORE!

I hate statements like these....How do you know this?
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    But Blacks and Whites copped... they must of been feeling and relating to her a damn lot though

mariah had the complexion to appeal to a wider market.. similar to a guy in hip hop who seems to be the only one who sold more than pac...ironically his fav rapper is pac

artists like mary j didnt venture into the pop market, she's stuck to her r&b.hiphop roots..which later on turned into pop music....she was there from the start

mariah came after on the bandwagon...4 albums after to be exact

u bumpin mariah ? or mary j?

99% of mariah fans are ? ....

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How old are you son, it's not good for a man your age to be so disgruntle and bitter...

old enough to know when RD came out nobody gave a ? . old enough to go in a record store and buy the album for myself. old enough to know that RD was getting NO play in the radio or streets. u jigga warriors live in fantasy land. ? RD didnt go gold until a year later and it took until 2001 to go platnium. Yall ? have the nerves to say his ? hit harder than Pac. AEOM was EVERYWHERE in 1996. a harder question would be who didnt have AEOM. Reasonable Doubt had ZERO impact when it came out. ? Bone and Pac was EVERYWHERE. you couldnt turn on a radio with out hearing bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone. u crazy GTFOH. cant no ADHD, bit torrent album getting, wiki fact reading ? from the 1990s can tell me ? about 1996. LOL at these ? about they age to enlist in the chancleta calvary.

but i am nearly 20 years younger than Jay Z though. If its uncool for me to be bitter at this age how do you feel about a 46 year old man talking about selling drugs in 1988?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2010
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    I hate statements like these....How do you know this?

n 96 tupac was about 2 crush j 2pac said they was gonna play ALL OUT @ jay-z FUNERAL lol....
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You forgot Thug Life!

But hands down it's PAC, no comparison at all...
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    edited August 2010
    Options
    also this technical ? about skills does not fly

majority of people listen to music they can feel regardless of what song it is, they dont care if jay is spitting some corny punchline...

mary j blige aint the best singer, there are better technical singers than her, however she is still the queen of hip hop r&b...mariah, ciara, etc..will never take her title....

mjb just has the soul that these other ? don't

If the majority wasn't feeling Jay's music then millions of people wouldn't buy his music. I find ironic that you place MJB over Mariah Carey, Mariah Carey has made significant amout of classic songs than Mary and is the all-time highest selling female artist ever. Back to the premises of this thread-- Jay maybe not your GOAT, but there are other people who feel differently about Jayz. Some people have him in their Top 5 or considered him as the best rapper. At the end of the day, it's all opinion..
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and for the record I bought and still have my OG vinyl copy of Reasonable Doubt i bought from music mania in austin back in august 1996
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    n 96 tupac was about 2 crush j 2pac said they was gonna play ALL OUT @ jay-z FUNERAL lol....

Lol what was Pac gonna do?
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    edited August 2010
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    Tomp is a tired redundant poster that used his antics to get attention. Rarely you see him in other threads discussing about other rappers beside Jay and Eminem. Dude has a short attention span for other rappers and is pathetic Camel's stan. He will forever swing on the Camel's ? like a little monkey and usually swallowed the half-man half-mammal creature's ? that poured down through his esophagus into his stomach. Just ignored the little immature forbidden child that keep crying for attention and continue with your life.

quoted with emphasis.
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    Options

sell 5million n 2monthz ALIVE while jigga man FLOP'D wit RD & DIED fa 2yrz lol..
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    If the majority wasn't feeling Jay's music then millions of people wouldn't buy his music. I find ironic that you place MJB over Mariah Carey, Mariah Carey has made significant amout of classic songs than Mary and is the all-time highest selling female artist ever. Back to the premises of this thread-- Jay maybe not your GOAT, but there are other people who feel differently about Jayz. Some people have him in their Top 5 or considered him as the best rapper. At the end of the day, it's all opinion..

name me some Mariah songs u ? with.....heartbreaker?

pac has sold more than jay...so lets not even bring up record sales into this debate..

the majority opinion is Pac is greater.. majority rules

every major poll Pac has beat out Jay.....every mtv fan poll, vh1, major website poll, vibe poll, etc...Pac has beat out Jay

everyone shouting "u Pac stans"..naw lil ? Pac has more fans than Jay thats all...

? feel pacs ? more, maybe because he made timeless classics and music u can bump in 2010 even though ? was recoded in 1995.....

Jay can be alive till he 70s making albums, he will never take Pac crown...the face of hip hop died in 1996 and set the bar...i'm waiting for that next ? to come along with the same passion and realness and song making ability...
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    old enough to know when RD came out nobody gave a ? . old enough to go in a record store and buy the album for myself. old enough to know that RD was getting NO play in the radio or streets. u jigga warriors live in fantasy land. ? RD didnt go gold until a year later and it took until 2001 to go platnium. Yall ? have the nerves to say his ? hit harder than Pac. AEOM was EVERYWHERE in 1996. a harder question would be who didnt have AEOM. Reasonable Doubt had ZERO impact when it came out. ? Bone and Pac was EVERYWHERE. you couldnt turn on a radio with out hearing bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone. u crazy GTFOH. cant no ADHD, bit torrent album getting, wiki fact reading ? from the 1990s can tell me ? about 1996. LOL at these ? about they age to enlist in the chancleta calvary.

but i am nearly 20 years younger than Jay Z though. If its uncool for me to be bitter at this age how do you feel about a 46 year old man talking about selling drugs in 1988?

Lol I'll say the ? is old enough to vastly diverse his music content and subject matter... and ? calm ya happy to hate ass down. Like I said I was twelve and I remember ? bumping RD, true it wasn't live like Pac, but that didn't mean he wasn't getting no play, FOH and where did I even say anything about him going gold and when??? Simmer simmer down
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options

why was he hiding in south florida? why he let Pac bomb on him and didnt say ? back. cant use that Pac wasnt on his radar excuse cause Jay Z was biggie backup dancer
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mariah had the complexion to appeal to a wider market.. similar to a guy in hip hop who seems to be the only one who sold more than pac...ironically his fav rapper is pac

artists like mary j didnt venture into the pop market, she's stuck to her r&b.hiphop roots..which later on turned into pop music....she was there from the start

mariah came after on the bandwagon...4 albums after to be exact

u bumpin mariah ? or mary j?

99% of mariah fans are ? ....

99% of her fans are homosexuals... where are you getting this info from??? And what do you mean she didn't... MJB couldn't at the time... she didn't have the appeal and think about it, who's fault is that considering marketing is suppose to take care of that, MJB is the truth, but don't sit there and act like Mariah didn't put on
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "LADIES LOVE ME LONG TIME LIKE TUPACZ SOUL" - J

"ROCAFELLA B DA NU DEATHROW" -HOVA

"FUUK JAY-Z" -MAKAVELi
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why was he hiding in south florida? why he let Pac bomb on him and didnt say ? back. cant use that Pac wasnt on his radar excuse cause Jay Z was biggie backup dancer

? was recording or being a ? , ? if I know... but that still isn't telling me what Pac was gonna do???
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    99% of her fans are homosexuals... where are you getting this info from??? And what do you mean she didn't... MJB couldn't at the time... she didn't have the appeal and think about it, who's fault is that considering marketing is suppose to take care of that, MJB is the truth, but don't sit there and act like Mariah didn't put on

come on dog her music is for fat ? and ? 's...u think ? goin to mariah tours to listen to her music? we all know what her fanbase is....

mary j was on some gutter ass songs, ? can bump that, straight men can bump that...

mary j didnt have the skin tone to do what mariah did nor the looks....musically song for song, mary j is better...but i'm looking at it from a hip hop/r&b thing...u over here lookin at it from a pop stand point...
  • gee757
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? was recording or being a ? , ? if i know... But that still isn't telling me what pac was gonna do???

pac was about 2 run j outta rap along wit bad boy n 96 wasnt no body on da east or west fuukin wit pac n sellz! if j didnt bow down like nas did & pac was still breathin j wouldnt b rappin..
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? was recording

? outta here

? was hiding and collecting shipments of hawaiian shirts
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    come on dog her music is for fat ? and ? 's...u think ? goin to mariah tours to listen to her music? we all know what her fanbase is....

mary j was on some gutter ass songs, ? can bump that, straight men can bump that...

mary j didnt have the skin tone to do what mariah did nor the looks....musically song for song, mary j is better...but i'm looking at it from a hip hop/r&b thing...u over here lookin at it from a pop stand point...
    ? the hell you talking about??? So you saying homos don't buy MJB's music? And how am I looking at it from a Pop standpoint, the whole gist of what I originally was saying is she had soul to somebody because she damn sure sold a whole lot, and what does hip hop and pop stand point have to do with appeal... 50 wasn't no pop but he had the mass appeal to sell and not be limited
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? outta here

? was hiding and collecting shipments of hawaiian shirts

Muthafucka did you read the whole post or just skimmed through it to find something to say that you thought would be amusing to the masses
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "LADIES LOVE ME LONG TIME LIKE TUPACZ SOUL" - J

"ROCAFELLA B DA NU DEATHROW" -HOVA

"FUUK JAY-Z" -MAKAVELi

add

"Oh! This must be the way the ? 'Pac felt when he made Me Against the World," "All Eyez on Me"
    Y'all ? got me feelin like all eyes on me, me against the world
    Mmm, y'all got me on my ? " Jay
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pac was about 2 run j outta rap along wit bad boy n 96 wasnt no body on da east or west fuukin wit pac n sellz! if j didnt bow down like nas did & pac was still breathin j wouldnt b rappin..

O so you saying Pac was gonna have Jay killed... and you know this... How?
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jay Z cant say ? back to a real ? like Pac who said his name but he wastes no time in bringin up a year old spat with a white teenager who never said his name. and this is yall GOAT. Jay Z is a punk
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jay Z cant say ? back to a real ? like Pac who said his name but he wastes no time in bringin up a year old spat with a white teenager who never said his name. and this is yall GOAT. Jay Z is a punk

lmao you still stuck on that song and that wasn't even a diss... you fishing hard, usually you have better ammo to shoot at Jay, stick with the Deshawn Stevens thing