Obama Needs to Hear from You on Israeli-Palestinian Negotiations

memphis
memphis Members Posts: 201
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
I just signed a petition to President Obama stating that Israeli-Palestinian negotiations must be based on human rights, international law, and UN resolutions to be successful.

Join me in helping to make upcoming negotiations a success by clicking here:

http://www.endtheoccupation.org/negotiations

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Always a fan of your posts memphis, so I'm gonna click the link and follow the instructions.

That said, I'm very cynical about this. Don't really think Obama gives a ? about Palestinians.
  • memphis
    edited August 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Always a fan of your posts memphis, so I'm gonna click the link and follow the instructions.

That said, I'm very cynical about this. Don't really think Obama gives a ? about Palestinians.

thanks man

yeah, I am very cynical too. At first I thought Obama was going to really fight for the Palestinians, especially after his Cairo speech. But then he really captiulated to Netanyhu on the settlements, the goldstone report and the flotilla.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Israel's got Congress by the ? and Netanyahu knows it n/h

No We Can't
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    No, Obama needs a spine and a Congress that isnt under the control of Corporations.

Sign whatever you want but the Palestinians are screwed either way because Israeli interest groups control our Congress and the Palestinians do not have a voice. Or at least not a voice Americans are willing to listen to.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Darxwell wrote: »
    No, Obama needs a spine and a Congress that isnt under the control of Corporations.

Sign whatever you want but the Palestinians are screwed either way because Israeli interest groups control our Congress and the Palestinians do not have a voice. Or at least not a voice Americans are willing to listen to.

So sit back and do nothing at all?

I think thats why ? is ? up right now because no one does anything... at all.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    i think we all know my opinion on internet petitions of any sort, but i'm still going to make this post regardless.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I signed it. Great link Memphis.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Darxwell wrote: »

Sad but true post.....I'm signing the petition though for the simple fact I think it's the right thing to do. Our tax dollars should not be used to help Israel steal water and bulldoze the homes of innocent Palestinians. Israel is stealing land using American tax dollars, only an awakened public can put an end to this.
  • memphis
    edited August 2010
    Sad but true post.....I'm signing the petition though for the simple fact I think it's the right thing to do. Our tax dollars should not be used to help Israel steal water and bulldoze the homes of innocent Palestinians. Israel is stealing land using American tax dollars, only an awakened public can put an end to this.
    the average U.S. taxpayer will give an estimated $19.19 in weapons to Israel this year
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    There is a silent genocide goin on over there.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    The U.S. needs to stay out of that ? . Let those ? over there figure that ? out.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    The U.S. needs to stay out of that ? . Let those ? over there figure that ? out.

Well thats the thought process going into WW2, and you know what ended up happening then because we stayed away.
  • memphis
    edited August 2010

considering the U.S is complicit in Israel's crimes, you have a point. But the U.S needs to stop sending copious amounts of aid to Israel, needs to pressure Israel to follow international law and abide by the numerous U.N resolutions places against Israel. The U.S is the only country that can pressure Israel to comply, it's too bad they don't. So sign the petition and maybe, just maybe, we can see the palestinians recieve some justice for Israel's brutal occupation and ethnic cleansing.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    memphis wrote: »
    considering the U.S is complicit in Israel's crimes, you have a point. But the U.S needs to stop sending copious amounts of aid to Israel, needs to pressure Israel to follow international law and abide by the numerous U.N resolutions places against Israel. The U.S is the only country that can pressure Israel to comply, it's too bad they don't. So sign the petition and maybe, just maybe, we can see the palestinians recieve some justice for Israel's brutal occupation and ethnic cleansing.

Concerning Israel, Yea I think we should stop ? with them.
    I just meant we should still remain involved in it, not sending weapons or anything, but make sure Israel knows we ain't going to continue to support their BS and also let Palestine know that we won't tolerate their BS either. We could play the referee to the boxing match.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited August 2010
    QUOTE=ThaChozenWun;1190135]Well thats the thought process going into WW2, and you know what ended up happening then because we stayed away.[/QUOTE]

Being isolationist isn't a bad thing. The U.S. would've gotten involved anyway. If the Japanese figured our response would've been what it was they wouldn't of attacked Pearl Harbor.
    considering the U.S is complicit in Israel's crimes, you have a point.

Just like Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Turkey, Iran, Egypt are complicit in making war against the Israelis.
    But the U.S needs to stop sending copious amounts of aid to Israel

The U.S. needs to stop sending aid to everybody.
    needs to pressure Israel to follow international law and abide by the numerous U.N resolutions places against Israel. The U.S is the only country that can pressure Israel to comply, it's too bad they don't. So sign the petition and maybe, just maybe, we can see the palestinians recieve some justice for Israel's brutal occupation and ethnic cleansing.

Why should the U.S. be involved in regional border disputes? The same people who didn't want us to go into Iraq all of sudden want to enforce U.N. resolutions that jeopardizes the safety and the sovereignty of another nation. I being that I'm not an internationalist, I say ? international law. And again anything Israel has it has by right of conquest. Why should they give anything considering it won't solve the problem. Personally I feel the Israelis should put The West Bank and Gaza under 24 hour aerial and artillery bombardments until the Arabs capitulate or they're all dead. Or if the Israelis want to talk to them, that's cool to. Either way the U.S. to stay out of other people's regional disputes.
  • memphis
    edited August 2010
    QUOTE=ThaChozenWun;1190135]Well thats the thought process going into WW2, and you know what ended up happening then because we stayed away.

Being isolationist isn't a bad thing. The U.S. would've gotten involved anyway. If the Japanese figured our response would've been what it was they wouldn't of attacked Pearl Harbor.

Just like Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Turkey, Iran, Egypt are complicit in making war against the Israelis.

The U.S. needs to stop sending aid to everybody.

Why should the U.S. be involved in regional border disputes? The same people who didn't want us to go into Iraq all of sudden want to enforce U.N. resolutions that jeopardizes the safety and the sovereignty of another nation. I being that I'm not an internationalist, I say ? international law. And again anything Israel has it has by right of conquest. Why should they give anything considering it won't solve the problem. Personally I feel the Israelis should put The West Bank and Gaza under 24 hour aerial and artillery bombardments until the Arabs capitulate or they're all dead. Or if the Israelis want to talk to them, that's cool to. Either way the U.S. to stay out of other people's regional disputes. [/QUOTE]

You are so ignorant on this subject. And I've schooled you on every previous thread, that has left you speechless. There is no right of conquest!!!! You are an evil individual advocating the genocide of a people. You disgust me.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010

Why is Turkey on this list? Turkey has never been at war with Israel. Recognized them diplomatically in 1949. Israel sells them weapons all the time.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    Concerning Israel, Yea I think we should stop ? with them.
    I just meant we should still remain involved in it, not sending weapons or anything, but make sure Israel knows we ain't going to continue to support their BS and also let Palestine know that we won't tolerate their BS either. We could play the referee to the boxing match.

It would be even better if the USA NOT get involved AT ALL in Middle Eastern affairs, except when it comes to opinions on certain subjects, like Israel stealing water from its Arab neighbors and building illegal settlements.

That way, people all throughout the world can say without question that Americans are not busy bodies, as is our reputation right now.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited August 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Why is Turkey on this list? Turkey has never been at war with Israel. Recognized them diplomatically in 1949. Israel sells them weapons all the time.

That flotilla fiasco. This is Rex's opinion. That flotilla was sending aid to people in Gaza, that falls under aid and comfort for one's enemy in my opinion.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    That flotilla fiasco. This is Rex's opinion. That flotilla was sending aid to people in Gaza, that falls under aid and comfort for one's enemy in my opinion.

So sending aid to innocent, starving Palestinians is an act of war? Wow......John Bolton, is that you?

The terrorist, apartheid nation of Israel won't even allow many Palestinians to grow their own food, and many can't do so anyway because they have so little water to use per day. Israel steals farmland all the time from Palestinians......and you wonder why a Palestinian gunman shot and killed 4 Jews in Israel today?

Turkey did a good job sending aid to the Palestinians, ? knows the evil ? in Israel's govt are not helping them.

? Israel.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited August 2010
    I didn't say it was an act of war, it was aid and comfort. During the Civil War, the Union blockaded Southern ports and prevented the export of Southern goods. Sherman's army literally tore ? up to get the South to capitulate. There was also blockade of the Central Powers during WWI. All of this "humanitarianism," during warfare is a concept that's only been in place since WWII. Considering how other people treat their enemies during war, you would be hard press to say the Israelis haven't been giving these muthafuckas a break. Plus there's the fact these people are the source of their own misery.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2010
    I didn't say it was an act of war, it was aid and comfort. During the Civil War, the Union blockaded Southern ports and prevented the export of Southern goods. Sherman's army literally tore ? up to get the South to capitulate. There was also blockade of the Central Powers during WWI. All of this "humanitarianism," during warfare is a concept that's only been in place since WWII. Considering how other people treat their enemies during war, you would be hard press to say the Israelis haven't been giving these muthafuckas a break. Plus there's the fact these people are the source of their own misery.

Palestinians did not ask to get kicked out of their own lands. When Israel was created, at least a million Palestinians were kicked out of their houses, and many businesses were lost as well.

So how are Palestinians the source of their own misery?????????????

Israel is the one stealing land, building illegal settlements, and stealing water from Arabs.......what have Palestinians done to deserve that?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Palestinians did not ask to get kicked out of their own lands. When Israel was created, at least a million Palestinians were kicked out of their houses, and many businesses were lost as well.

So how are Palestinians the source of their own misery?????????????

Israel is the one stealing land, building illegal settlements, and stealing water from Arabs.......what have Palestinians done to deserve that?

And the whole ? is over a ? rock that two religions fight over because they think it's holy.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited August 2010
    Very short answer, yes they did.