drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited August 2010
    Options
    classic grundy ?
  • calico_
    calico_ Members Posts: 133
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah this is hot. Couldn't help but notice Battery, i been meaning to try that out but never really got around to it.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    Yeah this is hot. Couldn't help but notice Battery, i been meaning to try that out but never really got around to it.
    word - I was on that battery even before I started using FL studio - its dope, especially if you're an MPC-head
  • drematic
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you use it to trigger samples using the mpc as a controller or something? school a ? . i got a 16 pad junt on my kontrol49 but i prefer using the keyboard over the pads just cuz.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    drematic wrote: »
    you use it to trigger samples using the mpc as a controller or something? school a ? . i got a 16 pad junt on my kontrol49 but i prefer using the keyboard over the pads just cuz.
    yup - my mpc now is just a controller for battery; It time stretches and gives you total control over every aspect of your sample, from the bit-rate, eq, compression, etc. You can split any and every cell out to the FL mixer however you want. I make groups of 16 cells to match up/midi to the mpc, so in that one vid I got 2 full groups of 16 pads representing different banks on the mpc and another lil group on the side. Have you seen the new pad contacts you can put in your kontroller? I saw 'em on e-bay one day cuz I'm finna' cop one pretty soon. They're supposed to improve the feel or somethin' like that.
  • calico_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think i downloaded it and installed it, but couldn't figure out how to send the output of the pads to separate mixer channels so i could add efx to em,so i gave up
  • drematic
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yup - my mpc now is just a controller for battery; It time stretches and gives you total control over every aspect of your sample, from the bit-rate, eq, compression, etc. You can split any and every cell out to the FL mixer however you want. I make groups of 16 cells to match up/midi to the mpc, so in that one vid I got 2 full groups of 16 pads representing different banks on the mpc and another lil group on the side. Have you seen the new pad contacts you can put in your kontroller? I saw 'em on e-bay one day cuz I'm finna' cop one pretty soon. They're supposed to improve the feel or somethin' like that.

i tried messin wit it a lil while ago but i'ma need you to illuminate me cuz i know you got plenty shawt cuts mane! looks like it would be a good visual aid though. definitely gotta see whas up wit the new pads asap.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think i downloaded it and installed it, but couldn't figure out how to send the output of the pads to separate mixer channels so i could add efx to em,so i gave up

just go here
    16c3ry0.jpg

and click the dropdown
    2ywxpj6.jpg
  • drematic
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'm feelin this junt now. the time stretching/mpc mimicking sold me. been lookin for somethin that would have this exact effect without sounding cheesy. deacon i think it's time for a promotion.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh yeah; let's say you got somethin chopped up and sequenced. if the samples are in "stretch" mode, you can tune them without changing the tempo (ie. the vocal sample used in the hook)
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i cant respect sample producers
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i cant respect sample producers

on some really real ? , I'll SLAY you in a non-sample competition - whenever you're ready ? ! I guarantee you after I'm finished with you, you WILL respect mines. GUARANTEED!
  • drematic
    edited August 2010
    Options
    been on this ? all night and all morning, figured out a whole lotta ? i could with this. think it's time to retire the fruity slicer. props grundy!
  • calico_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah cosign that. I been using the FPC on FL for drums but i think this has way more options
  • drematic
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i tried foolin wit that fpc too but it just seemed to be too laborious and i couldn't convince myself i really needed it. but as soon as i toyed with battery a light bulb came on. i been ? http://www.funkmysoul.gr/ for the past hour or so...
  • raw-material_ahh
    raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo that really grew on me. nice beat!!
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    good ? yo, dope sample too, but ytf am i just figuring out grundy is assassin chief???
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo that really grew on me. nice beat!!
    'preciate that bruh
    tonys. wrote: »
    good ? yo, dope sample too, but ytf am i just figuring out grundy is assassin chief???
    lol - aye, we need to start the L.O.D. back up and drop a mixtape - you down?
  • youngsosadadon
    youngsosadadon Confirm Email Posts: 485
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Damn Grundy this ? jam
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2010
    Options
    on some really real ? , I'll SLAY you in a non-sample competition - whenever you're ready ? ! I guarantee you after I'm finished with you, you WILL respect mines. GUARANTEED!

lets get it then
  • calico_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »

lol u crazy late on that one
  • calico_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just go here
    16c3ry0.jpg

and click the dropdown
    2ywxpj6.jpg

damn i just tried that and it wouldnt send to the fx mixer in FL..am i doing something wrong? I got battery 3
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited August 2010
    Options
    damn i just tried that and it wouldnt send to the fx mixer in FL..am i doing something wrong? I got battery 3

have you configured the battery outputs?
    click on the space to the right of the red triangle
    aucadh.jpg

next, click the processing tab
    ae77k2.jpg

now you can assign the battery outputs to the FL mixer
    1z3w02v.jpg

mine starts at "9" - the 1st 8 are assigned to my hypersonic 2 plug-in
  • drematic
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'm a dog, i'm a dog, i'm a dog, i'ma dog...

bowbeforyour128611442501531586.jpg
  • calico_
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok good look grundy! I got it right now.