This entire shooting case is bringing mad tensions to a head...

Funky Dr
Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/buffalo/Cop-shoving-activist-sparks-outrage

Cop shoving activist sparks outrage
Updated: Thursday, 26 Aug 2010, 11:10 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 26 Aug 2010, 10:18 PM EDT

Tricia Cruz
Posted by: Eli George
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - It lasted only a few seconds, but a confrontation between Darnell Jackson and a Buffalo Police detective here at News 4 has sparked outrage. Did the detective cross the line with the man who orchestrated the peaceful surrender?

The video shows Buffalo Police detectives trying to take Riccardo McCray into custody at our News 4 studios. Community activist Darnell Jackson tries to stop them, and that's when the "shove" happens.

Jackson says he was trying to get police to wait for McCray's attorney. He argues that McCray was not a danger because he had already surrendered.

Jackson said, "I mean, you reach out to the community to help you, and then we reach out and we try to help, and if he don't like me personally that's his problem, but I wanted to make the community safe by trying to get this guy off the streets."

Bishop Perry Davis from the Stop the Violence Foundation was with Jackson when McCray surrendered.

"I thought it was totally out of line. First off, instead of congratulating Mr. Darnell, they wanna shove him around and treat him like he didn't exist," said Bishop Davis.

Buffalo Police tell News 4 they are extremely grateful for all the work people did in the community to make the arrest happen.

Spokesman Mike DeGeorge said, "But first and foremost, yesterday the department was there to bring an individual into custody who would later be charged with killing four people."

DeGeorge goes on to say that police had to move fast considering McCray had turned himself in to a television station.

"This individual has been charged with killing four people and to have a situation with that environment is certainly quite tenuous," said DeGeorge.

Darnell Jackson says he actually called police before calling us but that no one returned his phone call until hours later. Police Spokesman Mike Degeorge tells News 4 he is not aware of that phone call taking place.

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Dang I didn't know they caught him
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh.........

That was over exaggeration on Mr. Jackson's part. He called the police, to come pick the brother up. Seriously, what doe he expect them to do? Wait until he is ready to go or refreshments were served? These are police officers, not social workers. He knows how they get down. If the cameras had not been there they would have probably beat him up and charged him with assaulting a police officer.

I mean c'mon. Seriously, if he wanted his lawyer there he should have told him to come down before he called the police and then wait until he arrived. This wasn't over a routine traffic stop, or civil disobedience.

two things stand out. The spokesman speaking on the charge as though he is guilty instead of presumed innocent and the preacher in the ridiculous baseball cap. Why do black preachers come to things like this dressed like they just came from a cook out? They would diffuse a lot of things if they came in clergy garments. The police would at least hesitate, Next time bring a white catholic priest and have him negotiate for you. They would respect him since most of them are prob Irish and Italian.
  • Funky Dr
    edited August 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh.........

That was over exaggeration on Mr. Jackson's part. He called the police, to come pick the brother up. Seriously, what doe he expect them to do? Wait until he is ready to go or refreshments were served? These are police officers, not social workers. He knows how they get down. If the cameras had not been there they would have probably beat him up and charged him with assaulting a police officer.

I mean c'mon. Seriously, if he wanted his lawyer there he should have told him to come down before he called the police and then wait until he arrived. This wasn't over a routine traffic stop, or civil disobedience.

two things stand out. The spokesman speaking on the charge as though he is guilty instead of presumed innocent and the preacher in the ridiculous baseball cap. Why do black preachers come to things like this dressed like they just came from a cook out? They would diffuse a lot of things if they came in clergy garments. The police would at least hesitate, Next time bring a white catholic priest and have him negotiate for you. They would respect him since most of them are prob Irish and Italian.

I was talking to someone and a good point was brought up, the cops should have let the suspect say everything he wanted to on camera that way they could question him later on and see where his inconsistencies were...

...and that it probably wasnt a good idea to shove that preacher lol, but yea, those cops were after that dude hard core. They've already charged him with the murders, he's pleading not guilty right now.
  • Funky Dr
    edited August 2010
    swiffness! wrote: »
    free mccray

lmao!!!