Thought on Sean Garrett the pen???

G.R.I.P. Money $$$
G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
im listenin to his new mixtape The Inkwell..

Get It All and Summer Love are bangers to me...

he aint the best ? tho..

thoughts??

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    To be honest, he has the same disease that The Dream has, make childish r and b music.I can't deal with alot of the juvenile lyrics, it's like a hybrid of r and b and rap. These new songwriters are trash imo, Neyo > these other ?
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited August 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    To be honest, he has the same disease that The Dream has, make childish r and b music.I can't deal with alot of the juvenile lyrics, it's like a hybrid of r and b and rap. These new songwriters are trash imo, Neyo > these other ?

Also, he has Mike Tyson syndrome....Diesel ass ? (n/h) with a falsetto voice...smh
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Beast_Side wrote: »
    Also, he has Mike Tyson syndrome....Diesel ass ? (n/h) with a falsetto voice...smh

lolollololololo
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010

I agree 100 % my dude . If anyone disagrees I really have to question their knowledge of music . Thats why these ? have no buzz . They dont write music that connects with their fans outside of 5 mins.
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    eh...he's ok. nothing special
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    enh i dont like rnb of this decade,all these lip gloss ? aint for me
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited August 2010

i can c/s this to an extent...

definitely aint the same as 90's r & b...

but with that said...

i still kinda like the dream and sean garrett...
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    i can c/s this to an extent...

definitely aint the same as 90's r & b...

but with that said...

i still kinda like the dream and sean garrett...

Would you say that the Dream and Sean Garret make good to great music ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    i'm tired of these new ? in R&B whose lyrics all talk about the club, their money, jewelry, cars, and how much of a boss they are...they may as well be rappers...Sean Garrett's like a slightly less annoying version of The Dream...lyrically he's terrible, just read the actual lyrics to Mario's song "Break Up"...he's literally saying "I buy you Gucci so why are you mad that I'm cheating on you?"...I can't deal with ? ? like that...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    i'm tired of these new ? in R&B whose lyrics all talk about the club, their money, jewelry, cars, and how much of a boss they are...they may as well be rappers...Sean Garrett's like a slightly less annoying version of The Dream...lyrically he's terrible, just read the actual lyrics to Mario's song "Break Up"...he's literally saying "I buy you Gucci so why are you mad that I'm cheating on you?"...I can't deal with ? ? like that...

Exactly, they've brought in alot of the ? elements from rap into r and b. These dudes are straight hooks, choruses, and beats, I BLAME R KELLY FOR THIS ? . He brought that YOU REMIND ME OF A JEEP nonsense to R and B, Jodeci too.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited August 2010
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Would you say that the Dream and Sean Garret make good to great music ?

i say good music, i mean the arent the best singers at all, but i cant help but to bob my head to their songs...
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    i say good music, i mean the arent the best singers at all, but i cant help but to bob my head to their songs...

The reason I ask . I think that ? is wack . so my question to u is what is your point of reference ? What is great music to u ? I mean i bob my head to Gucci Mane but I know musically it sucks
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited August 2010
    i mean it doesnt have to be super lyrical inspirational ? to me, just long as i can bump it more than once, and i find myself singin or rappin along to it its cool to me...
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    i mean it doesnt have to be super lyrical inspirational ? to me, just long as i can bump it more than once, and i find myself singin or rappin along to it its cool to me...

And thats cool , and there is a place for that , But that doesnt mean its good u feel me
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited August 2010
    true, but its good to me, and thats all that matters in the long run..
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    true, but its good to me, and thats all that matters in the long run..

I agree to each his own . Not my cup of tea , but i cant know yours , Respect my dude
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited August 2010

lol

Lol I like to give Sean Garrett a chance so I might check out his mixtape.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010

LOL right, ? sound like he take helium shots everyday and ?
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Damn, you ? really need to relax. It's just music. You either like the ? or you don't.

SG's mixtape is decent. The ? 's entertainment and always will be to me.

I just get sick of the comparisons... Let artist be who they are, ? . You either accept what they put out or play who you like.

The hate.... ? 's disgustin'.

That is all.
  • blackrain
    edited August 2010
    Damn, you ? really need to relax. It's just music. You either like the ? or you don't.

SG's mixtape is decent. The ? 's entertainment and always will be to me.

I just get sick of the comparisons... Let artist be who they are, ? . You either accept what they put out or play who you like.

The hate.... ? 's disgustin'.

That is all.

how is it hate to say we don't like him....
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    how is it hate to say we don't like him....

Sayin' you don't like him is cool. All that other ? is extra. But, this is the IC so...

*shrugs*
  • blackrain
    edited August 2010
    Sayin' you don't like him is cool. All that other ? is extra. But, this is the IC so...

*shrugs*

all the other ? is the reasons WHY people don't like him...he's a writer and people think his writing skills aren't that good...that's not hating...hate would be "I already didn't like him, then went and listened to his mixtape to hate some more" that's hating...it's not hating to say that you don't like a writer's actual lyrics...
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    all the other ? is the reasons WHY people don't like him...he's a writer and people think his writing skills aren't that good...that's not hating...hate would be "I already didn't like him, then went and listened to his mixtape to hate some more" that's hating...it's not hating to say that you don't like a writer's actual lyrics...

Ok, and that's fair. But I'm willing to bet you none of the cats sayin' they don't like him didn't even give the mixtape a chance. But hey, that's what this is about expressing your opinon on things and we're all entitled to that.

But for the record....

She Geeked - tough track
    Get it all - tough track
    Wait - tough track
    Summer love - tough track

But that's just me....
  • blackrain
    edited August 2010
    Ok, and that's fair. But I'm willing to bet you none of the cats sayin' they don't like him didn't even give the mixtape a chance. But hey, that's what this is about expressing your opinon on things and we're all entitled to that.

But for the record....

She Geeked - tough track
    Get it all - tough track
    Wait - tough track
    Summer love - tough track

But that's just me....

why listen to an artist whose previous material you already don't like? wouldn't it make more sense that if someone didn't like Sean Garret to simply not listen to his music?
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    why listen to an artist whose previous material you already don't like? wouldn't it make more sense that if someone didn't like Sean Garret to simply not listen to his music?

lol aight BR.... You right famo....