Thought on Sean Garrett the pen???

2»

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Damn, you ? really need to relax. It's just music. You either like the ? or you don't.

SG's mixtape is decent. The ? 's entertainment and always will be to me.

I just get sick of the comparisons... Let artist be who they are, ? . You either accept what they put out or play who you like.

The hate.... ? 's disgustin'.

That is all.

I understand what you are saying. Respect your opinion. But Music is supposed to be more than entertainment. Music is supposed to have a degree of musicianship and instrumentation. Lyrics are supposed to have some depth no matter what the subject matter is. Music is supposed to also show the advancement of your culture. Yes music is supposed to entertain. And if that entertains u , i can respect that. But as far as musically this dude offers you very little. So when people say he is good , i have to disagree. He is a singer who cant sing. The music is subpar. There is no degree of depth of lyrics everything is superficial. I just like more from the music I listen 2 . But if that entertains u , Respect I cant knock u
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    he should stick to producing for other artists..and by that i mean doing it WITHOUT featuring himself on the song and ruining it.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Beast_Side wrote: »
    Also, he has Mike Tyson syndrome....Diesel ass ? (n/h) with a falsetto voice...smh

lol............
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited September 2010
    usmarine and Blackrain said what I was gonna say. I can't relate to most of these new R & B acts cuz of bad singing, sh*tty lyrics and that R & B thug image Kellz and Jodeci started.
    Damn, you ? really need to relax. It's just music. You either like the ? or you don't.

SG's mixtape is decent. The ? 's entertainment and always will be to me.

I just get sick of the comparisons... Let artist be who they are, ? . You either accept what they put out or play who you like.

The hate.... ? 's disgustin'.

That is all.
    This is the problem with these young guys nowadays. You can't express your opinion without one of them calling you a hater. That mentality creates an atmosphere in which wack rappers and weak singers can survive and even prosper. That's why the quality of R & B is this low nowadays.

If the music sucks to me I'ma speak on it. If someone would talk about an artist's personal life I'd understand why someone would call that hating but people should be able to talk about the music freely withoput being attacked by 'fans'. That's the purpose of this forum. These young n*ggas need to grow up...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i dont think its really fair to blame jodeci...they could actually sang...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    i dont think its really fair to blame jodeci...they could actually sang...

no Jodeci couldn't sing...2 of their members could sing...the other 2 just stood on the damn stage when it came to performing...that's why I can never really rank Jodeci that high...I can't stand groups where you members that just stand there and you never hear them
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    aswadh wrote: »
    usmarine and Blackrain said what I was gonna say. I can't relate to most of these new R & B acts cuz of bad singing, sh*tty lyrics and that R & B thug image Kellz and Jodeci started.

This is the problem with these young guys nowadays. You can't express your opinion without one of them calling you a hater. That mentality creates an atmosphere in which wack rappers and weak singers can survive and even prosper. That's why the quality of R & B is this low nowadays.

If the music sucks to me I'ma speak on it. If someone would talk about an artist's personal life I'd understand why someone would call that hating but people should be able to talk about the music freely withoput being attacked by 'fans'. That's the purpose of this forum. These young n*ggas need to grow up...

lol @ young guys. ? , I'm older than you, I know this. I just give the new guys a shot.

So yeah, GTFOH with that young ? ? . I am not the one.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    no Jodeci couldn't sing...2 of their members could sing...the other 2 just stood on the damn stage when it came to performing...that's why I can never really rank Jodeci that high...I can't stand groups where you members that just stand there and you never hear them

no those other 2 members played instruments..and played them well. those other 2 members also produced. they were instrumental in the overall jodeci sound. yeah they put the r&b thug movement in motion but they backed it up with talent
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    no those other 2 members played instruments..and played them well. those other 2 members also produced. they were instrumental in the overall jodeci sound. yeah they put the r&b thug movement in motion but they backed it up with talent

exactly, dem boys were beasts...
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2010

But for the record....

She Geeked - tough track

Ok you said this was a tough track. Now is he rapping or sing on this song ?( alot of people will say he can do both thats hot) Ok lets say the ? is rapping , are the bars hot or just average. For argument sake lets say they were hot . Does he have the best bars on the song ? No . but for argument sake lets say he does. Out side of the club whats the purpose of the song . Ok lets say they only purpose is for the club . what type of staying power will it have in the club a week or 2 maybe a month . Now thats a tough track in your opinion. The song has minimal musical value at the most and the musical vale that it has will only sustain for a month. But cats will try to tell me that this is good music . To each his own maybe i just ask more from the music I listen 2 . But none on the things i stated even a fan of his can deny. It cool to like what u like but dont come to me and say that ? is good . This ? is mediocre at best thats why these cats dont sell records , but ? selling records they dont even have enough fans to fill up venues to go see them consistently .
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Ok you said this was a tough track. Now is he rapping or sing on this song ?( alot of people will say he can do both thats hot) Ok lets say the ? is rapping , are the bars hot or just average. For argument sake lets say they were hot . Does he have the best bars on the song ? No . but for argument sake lets say he does. Out side of the club whats the purpose of the song . Ok lets say they only purpose is for the club . what type of staying power will it have in the club a week or 2 maybe a month . Now thats a tough track in your opinion. The song has minimal musical value at the most and the musical vale that it has will only sustain for a month. But cats will try to tell me that this is good music . To each his own maybe i just ask more from the music I listen 2 . But none on the things i stated even a fan of his can deny. It cool to like what u like but dont come to me and say that ? is good . This ? is mediocre at best thats why these cats dont sell records , but ? selling records they dont even have enough fans to fill up venues to go see them consistently .

lol, dog.... You just wrote a paragraph that has some valid points.... given. But the things I highlighted... Cmon son. I said the track was tough, that's it. Musical value, purpose.... lol. It's a song that gets the chics dancin' and sound decent in the whip... Period, point blank, the end. If I want musical value or purpose, I go to another artist for that. Can't believe I'm really having to explain this but... It's MY opinion of Sean Garrett and THIS mixtape. I like it for what it's worth. The musical value and purpuse is ALWAYS subjective to the individual listenin'... For instance, I may listen to it if I'm an aspiring artist like ok, if he can get pass with this, I can do better, or it may spark an idea for something else. Again, the "musical value" is all on the person listening. I don't care about what is selling because I listen to artist that don't sell a lot of units.

I'm done fam, yall got it.
  • Mrslim1
    edited September 2010
    lol, dog.... You just wrote a paragraph that has some valid points.... given. But the things I highlighted... Cmon son. I said the track was tough, that's it. Musical value, purpose.... lol. It's a song that gets the chics dancin' and sound decent in the whip... Period, point blank, the end. If I want musical value or purpose, I go to another artist for that. Can't believe I'm really having to explain this but... It's MY opinion of Sean Garrett and THIS mixtape. I like it for what it's worth. The musical value and purpuse is ALWAYS subjective to the individual listenin'... For instance, I may listen to it if I'm an aspiring artist like ok, if he can get pass with this, I can do better, or it may spark an idea for something else. Again, the "musical value" is all on the person listening. I don't care about what is selling because I listen to artist that don't sell a lot of units.

I'm done fam, yall got it.

Dogg I feel u , and i aint tryin to diss u for what u like. Maybe we should categorize it differently. Maybe we should put dudes like Sean Garret and Dream etc not in R&B not in Hip Hop, not in Soul etc . Maybe they just should be in a category calls Hip&B or Rhythm & Hop . Something different. And at that they are some of the best doing it. But if that happens u cant also say they are a beast with the pen ( not you but some people ). They give u minimal depth with lyrics no mater what the subject manor , mediocre singing , sub par bars. very little instrumentation and musicianship. All those things that account for what this is actually suppose to be , MUSIC. This type of music is like disco when is was in, it had a couple good songs and artist and its has its place but in the whole spectrum of things the quality was ehh .
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited September 2010
    I cant believe The Dream gets so much hate around here... He's responsible for so many hits.
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010

i know what they did...but to say Jodeci can sing is misleading...K-Ci and JoJo can sing...but seeing as how those other 2 never uttered a word even in harmonies it seems I've always considered K-Ci and Jo Jo to be seperate from Dalvin and Devonte when it came to Jodeci's actual performances...instrumentation wouldn't matter if they couldn't sing
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    I cant believe The Dream gets so much hate around here... He's responsible for so many hits.

he can't sing and his lyrics are elementary
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    To be honest, he has the same disease that The Dream has, make childish r and b music.I can't deal with alot of the juvenile lyrics, it's like a hybrid of r and b and rap. These new songwriters are trash imo, Neyo > these other ?

I agree. I mean, I always respected The Dreams' creativity, but his lyrics are str8 garbage. Sean Garrett ain't bringing nothing new to the table.
  • harry knucklez
    edited September 2010

He's a great producer, but a corny lyricist.

I was listening to Sex Intelligent earlier and I thinking how much better that song would be if it didnt sound like he was just singing whatever thought came to his head. LOL!
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited September 2010
    I understand when people say he cant sing, but his lyrics are great... It may not be the most complex but its something everyone can relate too... The album they did with Mariah is flawless IMO, her best work to date...

I love sex intelligent... It all makes perfect sense... Im so strong in my spot and secure that I know my girl coming back, she needs my love basically... Thats actually my favorite part of the song "What could you be thinking my ? ? You better rethink it my ? ! I know I know I know shawty fine... But she took like a muthafuckin crook yeah, like a ticket I got her booked yeah, kinda like a fiend I got shawty hooked yeah, earthquake, shawty shook yeah... She might even chill at the bar with you for a minute, but while shes there wit you she thinking about how I hit it, shawty cant forget it..."
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited September 2010
    Then how the remix comes on right after is classic
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I was going thru the channels today and I stopped on 106 and Park and his video was on, the ? is rapping now?!
  • harry knucklez
    edited September 2010
    I understand when people say he cant sing, but his lyrics are great... It may not be the most complex but its something everyone can relate too... The album they did with Mariah is flawless IMO, her best work to date...

I love sex intelligent... It all makes perfect sense... Im so strong in my spot and secure that I know my girl coming back, she needs my love basically... Thats actually my favorite part of the song "What could you be thinking my ? ? You better rethink it my ? ! I know I know I know shawty fine... But she took like a muthafuckin crook yeah, like a ticket I got her booked yeah, kinda like a fiend I got shawty hooked yeah, earthquake, shawty shook yeah... She might even chill at the bar with you for a minute, but while shes there wit you she thinking about how I hit it, shawty cant forget it..."

I ain't talkin about meaning the of the song, I understand that, but its just his lyrics are kinda lame. "its like tryna rob me with a beebee gun..." LOL! WTF?!

And Im generally not impressed by any of the R&B cats who try to come off like they rappers.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited September 2010
    I ain't talkin about meaning the of the song, I understand that, but its just his lyrics are kinda lame. "its like tryna rob me with a beebee gun..." LOL! WTF?!

And Im generally not impressed by any of the R&B cats who try to come off like they rappers.

BUT MY LOVE GETS IT POPPIN LIKE THE TALIBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn come on my g... that ? is ?