Do you agree with what these 3 barbers were talking about in regards to Obama

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge
so yesterday im at the barber getting a cut, and and 3 barbers and 2 customers start talking about Obama. Well must of it was so-so/good opinions about him. One of the customers and another barber both started talking about these damn extravagant vacations that Obama and his family have been taking for the past month or what have you. I was shocked to hear this because I hardly if ever hear black people criticize Obama, but they were pointing out that as much as they disliked Bush, when he went on vacation majority of the time he went to his ranch or you might see him golfing. Basically that in this economic times that its not a good look for Obama too be taking these nice vacations

what says you

Comments

• Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im not exactly a fan of obama but he can go wherever he wants to on vacation..unless hes spending tax money or something.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They did the same 2 bush.. Hell condi rice was shoe shopin durin katrina...

I mean they are the president and they do need a break... Why take a "cheap" vacation?.. Dont make no sense.... They got money and responsibility and need a break.. Let er body else
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    do what clinton did. take polls on where the public thinks he should go. most will say keep it in the US and thats where it should be, parks and ? .

and the obamas i think do pay for their trips (their own money and obamas president paycheck) but their security is paid from taxes.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    do what clinton did. Take polls on where the public thinks he should go. Most will say keep it in the us and thats where it should be, parks and ? .

And the obamas i think do pay for their trips (their own money and obamas president paycheck) but their security is paid from taxes.

thats with where ever he goes... Mcdonalds to taliban land
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thats with where ever he goes... Mcdonalds to taliban land

yep. plus you have to remember, a lot of these places obama goes to, im sure he doesnt pay for ? , as in the Hotels let him stay for free just for the publicty. burger and ice cream joints ive heard dont even take his money when he goes out.
  • elzo69
    elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so yesterday im at the barber getting a cut, and and 3 barbers and 2 customers start talking about Obama. Well must of it was so-so/good opinions about him. One of the customers and another barber both started talking about these damn extravagant vacations that Obama and his family have been taking for the past month or what have you. I was shocked to hear this because I hardly if ever hear black people criticize Obama, but they were pointing out that as much as they disliked Bush, when he went on vacation majority of the time he went to his ranch or you might see him golfing. Basically that in this economic times that its not a good look for Obama too be taking these nice vacations

what says you

You do know that he spent 3 million dollars on hotels in the 2 days he went to the World Cup in SA. i have a friend in his detail and he tells me a lot of stuff about him. the nicca is always on vacation lol
  • elzo69
    elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yep. plus you have to remember, a lot of these places obama goes to, im sure he doesnt pay for ? , as in the Hotels let him stay for free just for the publicty. burger and ice cream joints ive heard dont even take his money when he goes out.

no they dont he pays or better yet u pay.
  • earth two superman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah im going to believe some ? with a young ? in his avy.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah im going to believe some ? with a young ? in his avy.

lmfao.

in reality, there's nothing wrong with taking vacations to europe, but perception-wise, it's bad news. obama should ease off this unnecessary distraction and stay in the US for his vacations.
  • blatin35
    blatin35 Members Posts: 176
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    lmfao.

in reality, there's nothing wrong with taking vacations to europe, but perception-wise, it's bad news. obama should ease off this unnecessary distraction and stay in the US for his vacations.
    When has he traveled outside of the US for vacation?