You say you follow the bible yet you have several tattoos

Options
ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
so i guess you skipped over the part about our body being a temple and that its in fact not our body for the man above. Im I the only one who is annoyed by those that push the words of the bible in people's face yet they be the main ways that go against the bible. And when I bring it up they tell me that are sins are equal, or that no sin is greater than the other. Well jealousy is a sin, but thats alot harder to control then cheating or getting tatts

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Um, if they claim that all sins are equal, then they're telling you their tattoos are equal to murder and ? .
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't this be in the religion board anyway?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Temples have plenty of adornments and artistic additions, so I fail to see how a tattoo automatically detracts from the body as a 'temple.' That said those people who get dumb ? tatted on themselves on a whim probably aren't upholding that standard.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the devil knows the bible like the back of his hand...he also comes in many shapes sizes and forms.........
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What if they show their appreciation of ? through their tattoo?

? is pretty big headed when it comes to people worshipping him, so much so he kills those who don't or sends them to hell, even if they do good. So I'm sure getting something on you that is dedicated to it would only get good reviews from up there.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Baaah, a banishment on tattoos was just another way to distinguish themselves from the "heathens".
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Baaah, a banishment on tattoos was just another way to distinguish themselves from the "heathens".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Has my name tatted on her leg for some reason
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Has my name tatted on her leg for some reason

Shh, don't give away all my secrets
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »

dumb_tattoo03b4c3.jpg

hellraiser is that you?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah. According to the Bible, an earring marks you as a willing slave.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Yeah. According to the Bible, an earring marks you as a willing slave.

Well 50, Diddy, Wayne Brady, etc... all have earrings. They all sold their soul to the white media. So they are essentially slaves.

Now the BAUCE Ricky Rozzay RAUCE, AKA Big Meech Larry Hoover dont be rockin that ? , them ? LAUCE
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So what about tats? Does ? hate you for it? No. Hell for it? No. Tattoos are a made up "sin" by scc.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People still take the Bible seriously in 2010? LOL.......whatever floats your boat.

And for the record, 99.2% of all Christians do not take their own Bible seriously.

Christians are the biggest ? I've ever known.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well 50, Diddy, Wayne Brady, etc... all have earrings. They all sold their soul to the white media. So they are essentially slaves.

Now the BAUCE Ricky Rozzay RAUCE, AKA Big Meech Larry Hoover dont be rockin that ? , them ? LAUCE

LOL.....don't forget they all sold their sold to the devil and are part of the Illuminati.

Dame Dash killed Aliyah through an "airplane accident" to make a blood sacrifice to the Devil, as the Illuminati commands all its followers to do. Kanye killed his own mother to do the same. Jenifer Hudson had some members of her family killed so the Devil could heap His blessings upon her......they all belong to the Devil.

At least that's what some chick I'm messing with tells me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Actually, that's not entirely true. Tattoos were used as a method to worship other gods in the Bible. Some of the Israelites got those markings to fit in and escape persecution. The ban wasn't so much a ban against tattoos as it was the usage of those markings in idolatry. Like with everything else, this part of the Bible has to be taken in context.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually, that's not entirely true. Tattoos were used as a method to worship other gods in the Bible. Some of the Israelites got those markings to fit in and escape persecution. The ban wasn't so much a ban against tattoos as it was the usage of those markings in idolatry. Like with everything else, this part of the Bible has to be taken in context.

I don't see how what you said disagrees with what I said. You just said it with a lot less sarcasm.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So what about tats? Does ? hate you for it? No. Hell for it? No. Tattoos are a made up "sin" by scc.

Leviticus 19:28 (King James Version)

28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    Leviticus 19:28 (King James Version)

28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD

But that is a "non-essential" thing. It doesn't determine whether I'm going to hell or not.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    But that is a "non-essential" thing. It doesn't determine whether I'm going to hell or not.

it's very essential, once you find you that your not suppose to get them, read the rest of that chapter or start at the beginning of chptr 19... at the end of that chptrHE mentions:

Leviticus 19:37 (King James Version)

37Therefore shall ye observe ALL my statutes, and all my judgments, and DO THEM: I am the LORD.

it's ok if we sin in ignorance (not knowing ) but once we come into the truth there is no two way street, either we repent of the wrongdoing or continue to live in sin & die in that manner. ...The choice is ours