Ryan Leslie needs to do some hoe sh*t

marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
not that i necessarily want to see any hoe ? from him? :(
But he's too dope to be so unknown..saw him live yesterday and was reminded of how nice he was. He puts on a great show for a guy who isn't a dancer (usher/chris brown/neyo) I know it's been rumored that diddy blackballed dude. Here nor there what else can he do to make a head in the industry? It worked for trey songz at least.
Is selling sex gonna have to be the new trend for male artists to get on?

Comments

• TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    not that i necessarily want to see any hoe ? from him? :(
    But he's too dope to be so unknown..saw him live yesterday and was reminded of how nice he was. He puts on a great show for a guy who isn't a dancer (usher/chris brown/neyo) I know it's been rumored that diddy blackballed dude. Here nor there what else can he do to make a head in the industry? It worked for trey songz at least.
    Is selling sex gonna have to be the new trend for male artists to get on?

I hate for the really good artists to go this way, but talented musicians like Leslie might have to make a couple of singles for the radio while keeping the rest of the album the way he wants it.
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited August 2010
    Why would/did Puff black ball him?

His first album grew on me. I thought it was ok when I 1st heard it but when I really sat down and listened to it, it was a legit buy. Ryan doesn't look like the sex symbol type. He could make those songs but I don't see it doing much for him. I heard some hot new song he had on youtube. Well its probably not new anymore but dude does make good music. There's gotta be more radio air time available between Trey, Usher, and Young Money. I mean I know 3 is a significantly large roster but I'm sure they could squeeze 1 more person or set in.
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited August 2010
    he's such an arrogant ? to me
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Agreed

Let's start a petition

"Ryan Leslie ? ? Scandal"

I'd sign it

And then maybe he'll move some units
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    he's an extremely talented dude but idk if he's gonna ever blow up...i doubt he does though
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    He needs to change his target audience. He is talented enough that a Sade , Maxwell , Anthony Hamilton type crowd would appreciated he musicianship. I think if he focuses more towards a mature audience he could be more successful than he is
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    He needs to change his target audience. He is talented enough that a Sade , Maxwell , Anthony Hamilton type crowd would appreciated he musicianship. I think if he focuses more towards a mature audience he could be more successful than he is

THIS...he shouldnt go the Trey Songz route..Trey losin respect IMO
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    THIS...he shouldnt go the Trey Songz route..Trey losin respect IMO

Say who???

Please explain...

Young ? killin' right now.
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    Say who???

Please explain...

Young ? killin' right now.

Young ? as u say aint killin ? brother. Trey is enjoying minimal success right now . This is 4th or 5th ablum and this is his first time he is headlining a tour. Which is great , but its a tour with Monica and its a smaller venue tour. Those artist that i mentioned among other were able to do that off their first and second albums. Also if u target a more mature audience they are more loyal and will support you throughout your career , not just when u have a "hot" single. Also its music , a person with Ryan Leslie's talent you have the ability to make music that will hold up thru generations . Now Trey with this albums seems to be making a better quality of music that has the ability to last for ages. RL has more musical talent and if he gears is music toward timelessness and not hotness he will be more respected than he already is .
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    Young ? as u say aint killin ? brother. Trey is enjoying minimal success right now . This is 4th or 5th ablum and this is his first time he is headlining a tour. Which is great , but its a tour with Monica and its a smaller venue tour. Those artist that i mentioned among other were able to do that off their first and second albums. Also if u target a more mature audience they are more loyal and will support you throughout your career , not just when u have a "hot" single. Also its music , a person with Ryan Leslie's talent you have the ability to make music that will hold up thru generations . Now Trey with this albums seems to be making a better quality of music that has the ability to last for ages. RL has more musical talent and if he gears is music toward timelessness and not hotness he will be more respected than he already is .

I hear you ? but all that talent ain't movin' NO units! I was/am one of RL's biggest supporters! I used to go to youtube daily to watch how RL made his tracks. The ? is sickening how talented he is. His talent far exceeds anything Trey will ever do. But right now, Trey is the man. And as long as he stays in the public eye and out of trouble he will be fine. While RL is tryin' to make "timeless" music or classics, he's going unnoticed and underappreciated. Has been and will always be until he puts out happenin' music.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Ryan Leslie is dope but he is too nerdy to blow up, i think he is best behind the scenes producing for people. His first cd is dope as hell though, second one was mehhh!
  • marie addams
    edited August 2010

Trey's success is minimal but a DRASTIC change from 2 years ago when he was trying to hold on to his prison braids and integrity...remember when he was ? on r.kelly for making the same kind of music he's making today? He's definitely found his way to the fast track whether i like it or not (

But I agree with you that Ryan may need to re-consider his target audience. I can see people in my aunt's age range being open to his style of music.
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    I hear you ? but all that talent ain't movin' NO units! I was/am one of RL's biggest supporters! I used to go to youtube daily to watch how RL made his tracks. The ? is sickening how talented he is. His talent far exceeds anything Trey will ever do. But right now, Trey is the man. And as long as he stays in the public eye and out of trouble he will be fine. While RL is tryin' to make "timeless" music or classics, he's going unnoticed and underappreciated. Has been and will always be until he puts out happenin' music.

That's why I feel that he should change the target audience. Its not all about moving units, however I will concede that selling records is important. "Ready" is Trey's first gold album. So he isn't really moving units like that also. Because Sade has such a loyal fanbase and a mature musically inclined fanbase she can be gone for 9 ten years and still "move units". There is a place for what RL does musically. But he can't play both sides. A mature audience wouldn't lik a song like "diamond girl" but a lot of his other material they would appreciate ( ie gibberish). Marketing also has a lot to do with it and if Puff " blackballed" the brother that makes it tougher. But I still think he should target a more mature , music savvy audience.
  • marie addams
    edited August 2010
    Super Lex wrote: »
    Why would/did Puff black ball him?

over some cassie ?
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Smh. You know you just want to see him do hoe ? for the sake of seeing him do some hoe ? . Like you give a ? 'bout his career. Haha. Why you lie?
  • Mrslim1
    edited August 2010
    Trey's success is minimal but a DRASTIC change from 2 years ago when he was trying to hold on to his prison braids and integrity...remember when he was ? on r.kelly for making the same kind of music he's making today? He's definitely found his way to the fast track whether i like it or not (

But I agree with you that Ryan may need to re-consider his target audience. I can see people in my aunt's age range being open to his style of music.

I remember that. But I will say this about Trey its looks like the new project will have alot of better quality on it ( outside of Bottoms Up ) LMAO @ the prison braids and integrity statement
  • marie addams
    edited August 2010
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Smh. You know you just want to see him do hoe ? for the sake of seeing him do some hoe ? . Like you give a ? 'bout his career. Haha. Why you lie?

lmao! NO I don't find him attractive at all. he looks a little slow to be honest...BUT judging from the cat calls he got at the show there is a market for his brand of "sexy"
    i'm just saying..maybe he should show a little leg or something. I wanna see him be successful!
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    LOL at Trey Songz and artistic being in the same sentence, and Bottoms up is a ? wannabe Say Ahh part 2.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited August 2010
    I remember that. But I will say this about Trey its looks like the new project will have alot of better quality on it ( outside of Bottoms Up ) LMAO @ the prison braids and integrity statement

Yeah, that was good.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited August 2010
    RLeslie is underrated...but I think he just hasnt found his niche.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited August 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at Trey Songz and artistic being in the same sentence, and Bottoms up is a ? wannabe Say Ahh part 2.

I agree. Im so tired of the club/alcohol songs from Trey. He's boring now and yodels more than he sings.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    any of you ever been to Petersburg, Virginia (Trey's home town) ??

the question has relevance based on what some of consider him not being as success as he possible can be.

Go there and you'll understand that although he's not on ever white girl best of list in the national....considering his background and roots he is very very BIG
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    over some cassie ?

So was he the one who leaked those photos of Cassie naked? I remember somebody asked him about it in an interview and he responded kinda funny.
  • marie addams
    edited August 2010
    So was he the one who leaked those photos of Cassie naked? I remember somebody asked him about it in an interview and he responded kinda funny.

I wouldn't be surprised.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Then he needs a round of applause then!!!!