Raw-Material vs Legend24

Options
raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited September 2010 in Lyrical Executions
Raw-Material vs Legend24

RULES:
  • 16 lines maximum, no minimum.
  • 5 votes to win or whoever has most votes after 2 weeks from when both verses are posted.
  • No feeding (You can't wait until I post my verse, feed off of it, and write personals solely on that. You should post a verse without the knowledge of knowing what I will write.)
  • No crew votes (IDK if there are crews on here anymore but just saying.)
  • Votes must be explained (You can't just say "I vote for Raw-Material because his verse was better")
  • No hate votes (If you didn't like my criticism about something you've posted in another thread, you can't hate on me by voting against me to hope that I lose.)
  • Must have 100 posts to vote (To avoid challengers creating new accounts to vote for their self.)
  • Lastly, no vote swaying (If someone votes against you, please don't comment on his/her criticism and state your case how they're hating on you and your verse was the superior one)

Comments

• Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh, I didn't see this. I'll write my verse now... let me know how you want to go about posting them (who posts first, whether we PM to a neutral party, etc). I'm pretty easy so if you want to just post when we're done, make that clear then I'll do so.

Good luck.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay cool. Let's do a deadline. Let's have both of our verses posted by Tuesday night, 11:59:59PM, right before Wednesday @ midnight, Eastern time, cool? Which would make it 6:22PM right now. Does that sound good?
  • Legend24
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Works for me... if you're ready to post before then, let me know and I'll post mine up as well.
  • Legend24
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ready to drop this verse whenever you are.
  • Legend24
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'ma drop this now cause my schedule for today will be a bit random and I may miss the deadline/forget if I don't. If you haven't finished yours yet, go for 16 bars so it will be even. Others around here seem to prefer that.

I dunno why this Raw wants war
    His material sub-par like a blind hand's ?
    Like a pair of undersized jeans, I'm leavin you ripped tonight
    Feelin Superman pain when I leave you on that crypt-tonight
    You unequipped to fight yet you calling for a battle bro
    You get booed off stage like on that "America's Got Talent" show
    I'm a butcher to your raw meat, a rapper with a Jason cleaver
    You challenge me? ? , you might as well just be chasin ethers
    Why the ? you think they call me Legend?
    I stay murdering this list of so called "IC Veterans"
    Back down - you should seek weaker opponents
    When you commented in my thread... that was your signature moment
    You a notch on my belt, your shots ain't felt
    ? a punch, the ? I throw is a detriment to your health
    Your rap game, fam, it's rather inferior
    Another man's meat is the closest you get to raw materials
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You're already done cuz I'm "aiming dead on" like I grab the dart/
    Lucky for you this is text cuz you couldn't "? a beat" if you stabbed my heart/~2
    I'm dying of boredom here, saying the announcements is the only way you'll get played through speakers/
    Cuz if you were Jordan, you couldn't have a "nice line" releasing new sneakers/
    I've never heard of a Legend more lesser known than AllHipHop's newest member/
    He's gassed up cuz I'm about to leave him in embers..what's his name? I don't remember/~6
    I'm better than the last guy so when you wake up, you're having "worst Nightmares"/
    This'll put you on tilt like Chingy and make you spitting wack like the words "Right Thurr"/~8
    I swear I'm ahead of my time like 88 MPH in the future and i'll be right back/
    And you're like Dr. Conrad Murray bc you "treat the mic (Mike) bad"/~10
    So they wont let you close to a stage like a Miley Cyrus stalker/
    I was baller in high school and he couldn't get a girl because he still likes his walker/~12
    You couldn't "rule" anything if you became a judge and bought land/
    Cuz this ham tried to come up but got "canned"/~14
    You nothing like me spitting venom-and-rage, raps are old like denims-that-aged/
    PM Tha Killa your resignation and send-him-your-page/~16
  • FastTimes
    FastTimes Members Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wish I could vote....
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I feel bad saying 100 posts to vote since LE isn't crazy like it used to be. I figured most members on here have over 100 posts anyway so I try to prevent opponents from creating accounts and voting for themselves against me so at 5 votes to win, 500 posts would be nearly impossible lol. Just the way I did it back then but I can't count your vote. Thanks for your criticism though. You should battle! Anyway, uppin for more votes and if we don't have a winner by two weeks, whoever has most votes will take the win then.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't believe FastTimes is an alias of any kind, but after a solid IP check I'll be back to judge the battles. I am so sorry for the delay.
  • Tha Killa
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'll be back later to post my vote
  • Legend24
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As long as I get to drop verses against someone, I'm all good.
  • Tha Killa
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Legend, as a mod, I can tell you that that happens a lot. Where two posters use the same proxy server or get assigned the same dynamic IP address from their Internet Service provider (since they live in the same area, roughly). So honestly, those other accounts probably aren't Raw's, but there was really only a couple that they all share the same IP on, and that was out of dozens of IPs I checked. Raw is an old RTM/LE head so I wanted to mess with him a little bit about that.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Legend, as a mod, I can tell you that that happens a lot. Where two posters use the same proxy server or get assigned the same dynamic IP address from their Internet Service provider. So honestly, those other accounts probably aren't Raw's, but there was really only a couple that they all share the same IP on, and that was out of dozens of IPs I checked. Raw is an old RTM/LE head so I wanted to mess with him a little bit about that.

Oh boy......I'm about to post a Got Beef thread and call you out homie!! Good one LOL. I remember entering a audio battle for Houston's Next Greatest rapper and some girl won 40% of the vote out of over 128 participants bc she used a proxy to reroute her computer so she can vote multiple times on her computer. IDK what happened to her. Now you've opened me up for more personals lol. It's all good.
  • Tha Killa
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hahaha. I've noticed that posters who post from their phones get assigned the same IP as other posters, alot. Even the admins have that happen to them, so it's no big deal. Same with people who post in public places like libraries, coffeeshops etc...
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol. I'm not gonna lie, since I came back last week, I've been in class on my Nexus One checking out the forums. Much respect for your battling Legend!
  • Legend24
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol. I'm not gonna lie, since I came back last week, I've been in class on my Nexus One checking out the forums. Much respect for your battling Legend!

You too bro, you dropped a solid verse there.

Thanks for the feedback Ice. Next time I'll sacrifice the flow to get more content in there... definitely makes sense.
  • Based GAWD
    Based GAWD Members Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Raw out here lookin good nh. He got it
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • walwyn
    walwyn Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I vote Legend.

His 16 was less dense yet straight to the point with the punches
    and the "chasin ethers" had me rollin
  • Legend24
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You guys gotta explain your vote if you want it to count...
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited September 2010
    Options
    you lost....he won....that's my opinion...you never said explain....you said vote....stop trying to disqualify votes that didn't go to you.

edit....ok so rules do say explain. Therefore I'll explain. I have a personal opinion of both verses....I gave a vote to the dude I thought was better. There.
  • Legend24
    edited September 2010
    Options
    you lost....he won....that's my opinion...you never said explain....you said vote....stop trying to disqualify votes that didn't go to you.

edit....ok so rules do say explain. Therefore I'll explain. I have a personal opinion of both verses....I gave a vote to the dude I thought was better. There.

Maybe you should have read the rules before trying to take a shot at me...

Your vote still isn't going to count. Being a smart-ass about it doesn't change anything.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited September 2010
    Options
    cool whatever duke...you still lost without my vote.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I got PM'd and guilt tripped to come in here and vote for this wack "battle" anyway.
  • Tha Killa
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I got PM'd and guilt tripped to come in here and vote for this wack "battle" anyway.

Punchlines: Self explanatory
    Multis/Multi-Syllabic Rhyming: Self explanatory
    Flow: Which verse flowed better than the other as you read it?
    Personals: Which verse "went in" harder than the other? Which MC incorporated more info about his opponent into his verse the most brutally?
    Wordplay: Who had the most puns, metaphors, similes and other plays on words?
    Delivery: Who executed their verse better? Basically, who incorporated all of the above into their verse, in the most cohesive way?
    Impact: Which verse "hit" you harder? Which was the more enjoyable read of the two
    Structure: Which verse had the better structure of the two, and was easiest to read?

These are the things we ask you judge/vote on, and give a small synopsis on who you thought won it, and why. That's all. You don't gotta break it down line by line like Young-Ice did.
This discussion has been closed.