If The Raiders Beat in patriots in 2001, would they be a better franchise now??

Options
jay83
jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
It seemed like ever since that game, they were never the same.

They went to the superbowl the next year only to have Jon Gruden destroy the team that he built. But maybe Gruden would have never left or gotten traded if the Raiders beat the Patriots in 2001?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Would they have beaten the Steelers? Or the Rams though?
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^^^

Yes to both. They were a illegal Tony Sirigusa hit away from the Super Bowl in 2000. I think only the Rams would have given us trouble that year.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Besides the Raiders had their chance in 2002 and lost.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Besides the Raiders had their chance in 2002 and lost.

lol. No they never had a chance.

lol @ Derrek brooks suggesting better plays for Rich gannon.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    lol. No they never had a chance.

lol @ Derrek brooks suggesting better plays for Rich gannon.

I'm just saying they cant say ? about losing to the Patriots when they went to the SB the following season.
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How can you say they had their chance in 2002 when Callahan changed absolutely nothing in the offense when he took over for Gruden and Gruden practiced that whole week at QB, to show the defense every play the Raiders would run? That's like Rex Ryan handing over the Jets' entire playbook, gameplan, audible calls, and strategy to the Colts a full year in advance and expecting them to NOT get blown the ? out when you finally play them.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well they were pretty damn good the next year, making it to the superbowl. And Calahan not changing up the audible signals would have still happened, despite the tuck rule game. and that next year, their main skill players on offense would still have been all over 30. So you take aging starters, mixed w/ poor some drafting and poor offseason moves....nah, i think the story would have played out the same way
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm just saying they cant say ? about losing to the Patriots when they went to the SB the following season.

Are you serious? Is that dumb posts thread still up? I think I need to make a contribution.
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    well they were pretty damn good the next year, making it to the superbowl. And Calahan not changing up the audible signals would have still happened, despite the tuck rule game. and that next year, their main skill players on offense would still have been all over 30. So you take aging starters, mixed w/ poor some drafting and poor offseason moves....nah, i think the story would have played out the same way

If we had played a Tony Dungy-led Bucs team with Gruden as our coach, I think we woulda won in a nail biter. If we had faced the Eagles instead of the Bucs that year, we would have probably beat them too. There was no way we could beat the Bucs with Bill Callahan as our coach and Gruden knowing everything we would do, since it was HE who designed the entire offense. Aging offense aside, we were a great team that 3-4 year span.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Are you serious? Is that dumb posts thread still up? I think I need to make a contribution.

So going to the SB dont count as a chance to win the championship? Say word? So stop making excuses, ol let me explain ass ? .
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So going to the SB dont count as a chance to win the championship? Say word? So stop making excuses, ol let me explain ass ? .

Look you Predator lookin' ass ? , there is a difference between going to a Super Bowl and going to a Super Bowl while at a huge disadvantage. I'm not making excuses ? .
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Look you Predator lookin' ass ? , there is a difference between going to a Super Bowl and going to a Super Bowl while at a huge disadvantage. I'm not making excuses ? .

You mad you long face ass ? . You lost plain and simple, I remember the Raiders being the favorites to win that SB too. They were outplayed plain and simple, trying to make excuses.
  • jdot6
    jdot6 Members Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i cant even watch that video 4 real.i'm a die hard Raiders fan 4 life. i was at that game 1st row, 50 yard line behind the Raiders. we won that game hands down. thats the most ridiculous rule in history. and of course we couldnt beat tampa. they were callin our plays out at the line of scrimmage!! 2001 woulda been our year
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You mad you long face ass ? . You lost plain and simple, I remember the Raiders being the favorites to win that SB too. They were outplayed plain and simple, trying to make excuses.

? , who you callin' long faced? Yo hairline is past your brain stem, and YOU wanna talk? Smh @ darkies tryin' to throw shots at the Gawd. Bwahaha.

Ain't you the same ? that said Kobe >>> Jordan and that the NBA is better than it was in the 90s? Smh b.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? , who you callin' long faced? Yo hairline is past your brain stem, and YOU wanna talk? Smh @ darkies tryin' to throw shots at the Gawd. Bwahaha.

Ain't you the same ? that said Kobe >>> Jordan and that the NBA is better than it was in the 90s? Smh b.

You're perturbed?
  • Tha Killa
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're perturbed?

No, ol' chap. I'm quite fine, thank you.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Would they have beaten the Steelers? Or the Rams though?

nobody was beating the Rams that year

Pats played ? as ? (especially to faulk) just to win by 3 points smh
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nobody was beating the Rams that year

Pats played ? as ? (especially to faulk) just to win by 3 points smh

nobody was beating the rams that year and yet somebody beat the rams that year?
  • Imaginary Playaz
    Imaginary Playaz Members Posts: 199
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The only way the Raiders would be a better franchise now is if the joy of beating the patriots somehow killed Al Davis.
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nope, cuz they got Al Davis runnin ?
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    nobody was beating the rams that year and yet somebody beat the rams that year?

Rams woulda destroyed the Raiders imo

better sir