Obama wants to take away our guns. These are the Bills

Options
jazz93
jazz93 Members Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
HR 1022 - Allows the Attorney General to ban ANY GUN he wishes AT WILL, whenever he feels like it. AG Eric Holder has argued in court that ONLY the military should be allowed to own guns.

HR257 - Allows the ban of ALL youth shooting sports, including YMCA and Olympic shooting events. Can't have kids growing up knowing how to shoot, now can we?

HR45 - Requires ALL gun owners to undergo psychological tests, screening and registration to keep their guns. Does not matter if you have had your gun for 20 years and it doesn't work OR you wanna buy one next month.

You are not allowed to own a gun if you are on the No Fly list. Doesn't matter if you have never ever committed a crime or been accused of anything. Over 25k people a month are added to the No Fly list and they don't even know it.

There are 6 other gun-related bills but they all add up to only one thing. Many Obama supporters sadly cannot see what is right in front of their eyes. Who do you think is going to suffer the most from these bills?

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did you use to have an account under a different name and are you a female?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jazz93 wrote: »
    HR 1022 - Allows the Attorney General to ban ANY GUN he wishes AT WILL, whenever he feels like it. AG Eric Holder has argued in court that ONLY the military should be allowed to own guns.

HR257 - Allows the ban of ALL youth shooting sports[], including YMCA and Olympic shooting events. Can't have kids growing up knowing how to shoot, now can we?

HR45 - Requires ALL gun owners to undergo psychological tests, screening and registration to keep their guns. Does not matter if you have had your gun for 20 years and it doesn't work OR you wanna buy one next month.

You are not allowed to own a gun if you are on the No Fly list. Doesn't matter if you have never ever committed a crime or been accused of anything. Over 25k people a month are added to the No Fly list and they don't even know it.

There are 6 other gun-related bills but they all add up to only one thing. Many Obama supporters sadly cannot see what is right in front of their eyes. Who do you think is going to suffer the most from these bills?

Have no issue with the bolded. If you want a gun, you should take a psychological test. And I'm on the border with the no fly list, some people on it are on it because of crimes, some are on it because they are under watch, probation, parole, illegal, etc... But there are also those on it who are placed there for no reason.

The youth shooting is ? .

And the Ban on all guns violates the constitution which ? me off. But then again other countries have banned all guns and homicides have dropped alot.
  • jazz93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ b braze

No and No. I have read All Hip Hop for years, esp the rumors section. I have always noticed the quick snippets that shows up about The Community but always ignored it because the posts always seemed juvenile and uneducated. Kinda like our Essence, Ebony, Jet and Black Men magazines. I wanna throw up everytime they give out "financial advice."
  • jazz93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ TheChozenWun -
    Gotta give you props, I am impressed.

Unfortunately our Constitution no longer exists as we know it. I can post bills that verify that as well. I believe it's HR51 that states that the Presidency is a dictatorship and that Congress is purely ceremonial. Of course you need to be able to decipher legalese which most people can't. Especially on this board. Let''s get back to "partying>>>>than reading."
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ TheChozenWun -
    Gotta give you props, I am impressed.

Unfortunately our Constitution no longer exists as we know it. I can post bills that verify that as well. I believe it's HR51 that states that the Presidency is a dictatorship and that Congress is purely ceremonial. Of course you need to be able to decipher legalese which most people can't. Especially on this board. Let''s get back to "partying>>>>than reading."

Well in truth the congress runs everything. The president is merely there to propose and be a scapegoat.

And if your a big conspiracy theorists/government truthist you would know that isn't true but the president has 14 levels above him that hold the say in everything.
  • jazz93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, the Congress does not run everything. They barely know what is going on. If they did, they would have never let HR51 pass. How do you let a bill pass that states that you are purely there for show?

Most of the time, like with the Stimulus package, the Bailout bill and others, Congress is given 1 hour to read thousands and thousands of pages. Majority of the time they don't even read it and they sign it based on party lines, quid pro quo, earmarks and called in favors and political pressure.

You are correct in that their are levels above Obama but it is not Congress. For the record, I am not a Conspiracy Theorist. But my family has been in politics for over 40 years and I just get so frustrated with all of the behind the scenes machinations which is just one reason I am now, against my family's wishes, a registered independent. Nice try though Chozen with the ad hominem/ad populems. I thought you were above that.
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well in truth the congress runs everything. The president is merely there to propose and be a scapegoat.

And if your a big conspiracy theorists/government truthist you would know that isn't true but the president has 14 levels above him that hold the say in everything.

what?........
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    what?........

I don't know go look it up. There's a large conspiracy about how the president of the US has 14 people ahead of him secretly in the government.
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all MOST americans don't carry guns or keep them in their house. And second , how will limiting gun onwership hurt the economy? you should be more upset that republicans don't want YOU to have free Health Care or vote against extending unemployment benefits for americans but yet want to protect the richest people in the US...
  • davepatron
    davepatron Members Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    Options
    guns ? to many people anyways!
  • jazz93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did you know that books of The Federal Reserve have NEVER been audited?

Did you know that there is no election process for The Federal Reserve?

Did you know that the Federal Reserve, even though it is not a federal office, is above Congress and all government? Alan Greenspan even said so on tv. He specifically stated The Fed is above Congress, is not regulated by Congress and therefore above Congress.

Did you know that 95% of all Federal Taxes goes directly to The Federal Reserve, into the pockets of the bankers? Not for roads, schools, health, etc. Only State taxes goes toward those things.

Once again, all of this is verifiable.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, the Congress does not run everything. They barely know what is going on. If they did, they would have never let HR51 pass. How do you let a bill pass that states that you are purely there for show?

Most of the time, like with the Stimulus package, the Bailout bill and others, Congress is given 1 hour to read thousands and thousands of pages. Majority of the time they don't even read it and they sign it based on party lines, quid pro quo, earmarks and called in favors and political pressure.

You are correct in that their are levels above Obama but it is not Congress. For the record, I am not a Conspiracy Theorist. But my family has been in politics for over 40 years and I just get so frustrated with all of the behind the scenes machinations which is just one reason I am now, against my family's wishes, a registered independent. Nice try though Chozen with the ad hominem/ad populems. I thought you were above that.

Congress does have the final say in everything, they have more than an hour BTW. The problem is they vote it so quick because big companies are buying them out when it comes to the proposed packages to help that company. That is a fact, alot of congressmen and women have received substantial amounts of money from companies like GM when that bailout was given and companies like PHRMA anytime something is presented involving health care. The president plays the scapegoat 95% of the time.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    First of all MOST americans don't carry guns or keep them in their house. And second , how will limiting gun onwership hurt the economy? you should be more upset that republicans don't want YOU to have free Health Care or vote against extending unemployment benefits for americans but yet want to protect the richest people in the US...

I think a very large number of American citizens own a gun, and another large percentage have them illegally owned and in the house.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did you know that books of The Federal Reserve have NEVER been audited?

Did you know that there is no election process for The Federal Reserve?

Did you know that the Federal Reserve, even though it is not a federal office, is above Congress and all government? Alan Greenspan even said so on tv. He specifically stated The Fed is above Congress, is not regulated by Congress and therefore above Congress.

Did you know that 95% of all Federal Taxes goes directly to The Federal Reserve, into the pockets of the bankers? Not for roads, schools, health, etc. Only State taxes goes toward those things.

Once again, all of this is verifiable.

No not clueless, just don't ? with FR.
  • jermfrassoutt
    jermfrassoutt Members Posts: 115
    edited August 2010
    Options
    by time i hit 21(nov 2011) i betta b able to get my 12 gauge and my ar 15...along with my p90..thas allllll that matters so they culd switch up da gun laws all they want...i want my guns
  • jazz93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, Congress does NOT have final say on everything. You still can't explain HR51. If they did have final say (which they don't) and if they did thoroughly read the bills (which they don't) THAT bill would have NEVER passed.

And they are ROUTINELY given less than an hour to read certain bills. Congressmen have gone on record saying they were given less than an hour to read the stimulus and the banker bailout bills. On the stimulus package they were told that the economy was too important and could not wait for them to fully go through with it.

Also, throughout history Congress has been given bills that favor the bankers on Fridays, holidays and vacation time knowing that they are more interested in other things than reading the bills. And very few are going to truly read through thousands of pages, especially thousands of pages written in legalese and small type.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sounds fine by me. Only problem is criminals can and will keep their guns. Other than that, I'm all for it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

This is solid stuff and I agree with it like I agreed with most of the stuff in your other thread. BUT YOU DID PUT SOME CONSPIRACY THEORY IN THAT OTHER THREAD. don't be mad about it now. you got some independent politics & conspiracy theory all under the banner of realism as a part of the general product that you have brought to the board in the last 2 days. it's no big deal.
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    By the way, I'm in politics as well but my specialty is the city and county level.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmfao @ this wack ass thread

1) them bills ain't gettin passed into law for ?

2) them bills ain't gettin passed into law for ?

3) Obama ain't got ? to do with them bills anyway, sorry
  • jazz93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You guys are missing the point. If the government believes that only the military is allowed to have guns, what happens if they decide to enforce it? Think about the ramifications of a de-armed country. And they are planning to enforce it very soon. All under the guise of homeland security.

Do you think this psychological test will be balanced and fair for minorities and people of color? If you have never been arrested or convicted of anything but are found with an unregistered gun in your house, your car or on your person? Ah hah, we gotcha! Even if you are shown to be upstanding? As if cops need ANOTHER reason to hem blacks and other minorities up?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Let him come try and take my ? .... see what happen... This evening a small suburban neighborhood is a WARzone... 55 police are dead and it looks to be the work of a lone naked mud covered Black Man...

WTF, cops ain't Predators ?
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    lmfao @ this wack ass thread

1) them bills ain't gettin passed into law for ?

2) them bills ain't gettin passed into law for ?

3) Obama ain't got ? to do with them bills anyway, sorry

So why are these bills being associated with his administration. Is he pushing for this?
  • musicology1985
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    WTF, cops ain't Predators ?

Jamel's a Military brother so he thinks different. You ain't got no vets in your family?